Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist Available in Cork

Options
  • 25-11-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

Lead/Rhythm guitarist available in Cork. I'm 23. I like a lot of different things ranging from Black Metal bands like Emperor to bands like U2. My favourite guitarist/largest influence would be David Gilmour from Pink Floyd and Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth. It's hard for me to pin down what my tastes are like per se.

Musicianship wise, i've been playing guitar since i was 15 or 16. Comletely self taught and more than competent. Have all my own gear aswell.

Right now i'm up for playing anything that sounds good to my ears but would quite like something prog and metal orientated. All offers (if any) considered!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lynchmassaker

Hi,

T. W. H. Byron. I' m looking for a guitar player. But primarily not for starting a band, yet. Maybe later when it works out and we can find a drummer and vocalist.

Why I' m contacting you has the following reason. I' m producing at the moment songs from my last band before I moved to Ireland. I' m playing bass and do recordings at home. Drums are programmed but sounds natural. The former singer will add the vocals in a studio in germany. then the stuff comes back to me and I do the final mix. The only thing I can' t do is playing the guitar :-) If you want to you can do this additionally to your original plans for joining a band. If you like the stuff we can think about looking for others to play the songs live.

The songs are origin in german but the new songs will be in englisch. The singer is translating them at the moment.

Just listen to the stuff. maybe you like it. http://www.myspace.com/phonrock

It won' t take that much of your time as I need a couple of weeks to do the basics of the songs :-)

Cheers,
    Markus

Not really my thing, apologies. I'm looking for something like Pink Floyd, Opeth and Katatonia based.

Bumpo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Alrite fella,i was in contact with you a few weeks ago when you replied to my ad.i met a guitarist/vocalist last week and were hoping to get something started.it would be more covers were interested in doing to begin with so let me know if your interested.

• Advertisement

Colinboy wrote: »
    Alrite fella,i was in contact with you a few weeks ago when you replied to my ad.i met a guitarist/vocalist last week and were hoping to get something started.it would be more covers were interested in doing to begin with so let me know if your interested.

Sent you a pm there the other day.

Bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 curtin747

How're tings?! im a bass player, 18, playing 5 years.
    Ifluenced by, iron maiden, thin lizzy, black sabbath.
    i played in a metal band before and i played a few gigs.

send a pm if your interested.

curtin747 wrote: »
    How're tings?! im a bass player, 18, playing 5 years.
    Ifluenced by, iron maiden, thin lizzy, black sabbath.
    i played in a metal band before and i played a few gigs.

send a pm if your interested.

Not really sure if i'm the guy you're looking for.

Bump.

Bumpo.

Bump

• Advertisement

Alrite mate i was in contact with you recently.sorry i didnt get back to i was busy moving in to my new home.
    Im interested in meeting up if your still up for it.where are you living?im in douglas in the sth side of the city.

Colin

Colinboy wrote: »
    Alrite mate i was in contact with you recently.sorry i didnt get back to i was busy moving in to my new home.
    Im interested in meeting up if your still up for it.where are you living?im in douglas in the sth side of the city.

Colin

I'm pretty much living in the city. I live on Evergreen St. It's a 10 min walk from town. Still interested in meeting up for a chat anyway! Just a bit busy over the next few weeks with college but i'm sure we can sort something!

Bump.

check out my thread just below yours mate.theres a guy from cobh who plays bass who would be interested in getting together.

Getting a drummer etc will be d difficult part!

Advertisement