Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kartel Warehouse Sale Finglas

• 15-05-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭

Amazing sale as they are moving to a different site in same estate. Mens suits 90 or 3 for 250, great section and great quality. Ladies buy one blouse for 30 and get suit free. I thought this was wrong but checked and it was confirmed. Very low stocks of blouses and not great designs but suits were excellent so decided for 30 I couldn't go wrong. Guy asked if I was not taking a blouse, said very few left and he asked what size and colour I needed and hey presto, cool white blouse thrown in!!

Also got wind proof style fleece jacket for 30 which I had liked in Boyer's at 90 but stocks were low on that kind of jacket. Also had great deals on mens shirts, leather jackets etc but ends on Saturday so not much time. Well worth a trip, just google Kartel Finglas or John Swan Clothing which came up on Google when I searched.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Hmmm,sounds great OP but me thinks it's your own buisness your plugging there

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

A bit harsh... OP is just trying to give a description. I was accused of being a shill after my debut BA and I was like "wha??!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Hmmm,sounds great OP but me thinks it's your own buisness your plugging there

That was my first thought too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

in fairness to OP, most of their posts have been in Bargain Alerts for various things
    do they take credit cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Check my posts, i call it as I see it but if given a decent description results in this type of accusation, next time I'll think again. This country has become so negative it's not real but as my thoughts on that are not a BA, I guess I'll leave it there:)

• Advertisement

Brightkane, I honestly can't remember whether they did or not as I always tend towards cash!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

I'll jump to the defence of Fulham fan here. John Swan have been running these sales for years, usually about 2 or 3 a year. And they are very popular. They maintain an SMS list to inform you of the next one also. So its a bit odd they decide to only put it here now if it was his company.

Was up there yesterday and this one is much bigger than the normal ones due to the relocation. A huge amount of suits are on sale. If your in the market for one or three its certainly worth a look.

And yes they do accept credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Does the sale include their golf gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just back and while there are some striped suits for €90 the vast majority of what's up there is €125 per suit. The main offer on is that for €250 you can get any three suits or mix and match with leather jackets (limited supply) or blazers, winter coats, etc.

I didn't see a whole lot of golf stuff for sale but there was a rail with polo necks, etc on sale for €30 a piece. 80% of what's up there is suits for men yet I'd say at least 50% of the people there were women !

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

anyone know openign hours this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I phoned them and automated service said mon to Friday only

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

I was there today and got some stuff, like jumpers, pants and a pair of waterproofs. Better half got some stuff as well.
    They do take credit cards and I did ask if they would be open tomorrow the guy on the till told me no that today was the last day.
    They are moving like someone else said on here but the guy told me that they don't know when or where as they have not got premises yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

meolwan wrote: »
    I was there today and got some stuff, like jumpers, pants and a pair of waterproofs. Better half got some stuff as well.
    They do take credit cards and I did ask if they would be open tomorrow the guy on the till told me no that today was the last day.
    They are moving like someone else said on here but the guy told me that they don't know when or where as they have not got premises yet.

Was in there earlier today, it's on again... It's HUGE! There must be the best part of an acre of mostly full rails of stock!!
    Downside is the heat, as its upstairs in their warehouse, very makeshift changing rooms also. Great suit deals though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

SQ2 wrote: »
    Was in there earlier today, it's on again... It's HUGE! There must be the best part of an acre of mostly full rails of stock!!
    Downside is the heat, as its upstairs in their warehouse, very makeshift changing rooms also. Great suit deals though!

What kind of prices can you report ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

I have been at this sale many times over the last few years.
    They have about 4 or 5 a year and many of them have been relocation sales.
    They do take credit cards.
    No returns accepted.
    Suits are 90 each or 3 for 250
    Kartel and G Mac golf polo shirts are 25 each or 3 for 60
    They have shirts, Jumpers, rain gear, jackets etc.
    Prices are good if you need this stuff. Make sure you have correct size.
    Hours are Thur 10 - 8, Fri 12 - 7 and Sat 10 - 5 according to the text I received

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Yep. What he said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

fulhamfan wrote: »
    Check my posts, i call it as I see it but if given a decent description results in this type of accusation, next time I'll think again. This country has become so negative it's not real but as my thoughts on that are not a BA, I guess I'll leave it there:)

youll always get 1 or 2 who think negative no matter what you do. Like others on here, Ive been at these sales over the years and always looking for the next one. thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

where in Finglas is this place?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

It's in the industrial estate opposite Joe Duffy's motors. Take first right when you come of the off M50 (Opposite Joe Duffy turn on the left) and follow the signs for clothing sale!! Same prices and pretty much the same stock as my original post. Good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

in relation to other suits,, like decent quality that you would in a good shop for say 300 quid,,, what quality are these ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Package wrote: »
    in relation to other suits,, like decent quality that you would in a good shop for say 300 quid,,, what quality are these ones

Mate getting married next week so went up there last night, got a really nice Kartel suit for €90, as far as I know they'd retail for around €250 to €300. Think that would tie in with the discounts on the golf gear as well. If leather / suede jackets are your thing then you can mix and match with the suits and get 3 for €250. A lot of it is samples, not sure if they make up x amount of a certain design and then decide which styles they're going to mass produce and put to market and the samples are what's left over, some of the suits don't have labels on them for example while others of the exact same design do.

I haven't bought a suit anywhere else in years, it's great value. Loose suit jackets were only €20 as well. They'll generally throw in something for you if you're chatting to any of the staff, was looking at a shirt, asked how much it was and he said it was 3 for €60, said I'd leave it and gave him 2 €50's to pay for the suit and he threw the shirt in for the tenner. Staff are very decent, don't expect an individual changing room though if you're modest, a few dividers thrown up in a corner of the warehouse is your lot! Open till 7 tonight and 5 tomorrow, get on their mailing and text list and you'll get a message whenever they run a sale in future, usually do 4 a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Big Game wrote: »

great stff, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Package wrote: »
    great stff, thanks

No bother. Flavour of their golf gear here, no suits online as far as I can see though. Casual gear is a bit preppy for my taste but can't go wrong with the suits.

http://www.kartel.ie/g-mac/

http://www.kartel.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭golfwallah

Just got text - warehouse sale of men's clothing, including golfwear on again in Finglas from Thursday to Sunday this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sono

Sounds like this could be worth heading out to, thanks for the heads up GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 jessie5

Hi whereabouts is the sale on. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

jessie5 wrote: »

Read back up through the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭golfwallah

jessie5 wrote: »

Swan Clothing, 31 North Park, Finglas (first turn right when you come off M50 motorway heading for Finglas) - follow signs to clothing sale, Fri & Sat 10 - 5.30, Sun 12 - 5.

Went today - good quality, premium brands & choice particularly for golf shirts, casual shirts and knitwear. There were plenty of trousers (gaps in range for some sizes) and suits. Limited range of casual jackets. Not as much stock as previous sales I went to. No ladies stuff this time.

Bought 3 branded casual shirts and jacket for €100.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lilywhite

Hi are there mens suits on sale at this Kartel warehouse clearance and would it be worth going to if looking for a decent suit bargain. thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Thanks, will pop in when passing in the next hour to buy some more stuff I dont need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Thanks, will pop in when passing in the next hour to buy some more stuff I dont need.

You and me both! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sono

Lily I went out there today looking for a suit and I wasn't too impressed with what they had but you may find something that interests you.

Loads of Dylan Thomas Golf jumpers in containers €30 or 2 for €50, endless amount of golf t shirts and shirts also.

I wouldn't be in a rush to go back anyway that was my own experience of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tall chapy

Bought 3 Kartel golf shirts. Loads of these, loads of shirts, loads in smaller sizes. Again loads of suits in smaller sizes. One note, the suits seemed to be small fitting. Outdoor jackets okay. Loads of Dylan Thomas jumpers, probably not worth the price. Windbreaker tops bit pricey along with the golf shorts. Staff were nice and helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

Hey lads just passed this there a while ago . This was open but they were selling ladies clothes and bags so the wife was happy ☺. it's not swan but a different crowd that share the warehouse with them it's open today till 3 today only.

• Advertisement
Advertisement