Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macaroon Bars

Options
  • 08-11-2004 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

...remember the Macaroon Bars we used to be able to get ?. Not the thin ones with chocolate substitute..but the ClubMilk size ones ??. Anyone know if they're still out there...somewhere ?.

I read in the Indo recently about Chez Emily...who have a stall in the Temple Bar Food Fair on Wed/Sat. I tried them...and they're close...but not like I remember. Of course, it never rained in summer then either.

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

ya,they are in loads of shops in Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

you cant beat the macaroon- i have one for me break everyday when at work- im in laois though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

uuuuummmmmmmmmm, the coconut.
    Don't see them in the shops in Galway anymore. :(
    Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Stevie

have you considered the confectionery distribution business at all ??

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

they have them in dit kevin street. the shape of the bar is changed though, its a sort of dairy milk style but not as thick. whenever i see macaroon bars i think of mint crisps aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I had one there a few weeks ago when I went home .. not the dairymilk shape one the old style one... but I was disappointed.. the chocolate wasn't really that nice.. the coconut bits were still yummy he he scraping ur teeth along the top like old times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Couldnt agree more - they have been my favourite chocolate bars for YEARS!!

I get mine in my local Esso garage which is handy, they're not the original thin bars in the paper, they're the bigger squarish ones in the platic white and red wrapping - think they have a red umbrella on the front.

I've seen them in those Pound City shops in Dublin city too.

When I cant get my hands on them I make my own simple alternative...

Simply melt some cooking chocolate in a bowl and throw in some cocunut shavings (ye can get them in bags in tesco or any cooking section of a supermarket) and mix it all up. Then simpy take the mix and make your own shapes with the chocolate and let it dry before devouring =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah the mint crisps were lovely!!! can you still get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They were always a bit odd, those mint crisp and macaroon bars. Even then I know it was terrible cheap chocolate, but yet the whole combination was yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

woosaysdan wrote:
    yeah the mint crisps were lovely!!! can you still get them?

You can get them in the odd shop alright, usually Pound City or those type of shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

...Simply melt some cooking chocolate in a bowl and throw in some cocunut shavings (ye can get them in bags in tesco or any cooking section of a supermarket) and mix it all up. Then simpy take the mix and make your own shapes with the chocolate and let it dry before devouring =)...

gee golly willakers
    hes on to something

anyways yeah macaroon bars rules.. shame i miss the old ones though

Advertisement