Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for crisps that I used to get as a kid!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

fussyonion wrote: »

Nope. Packet was all red, according to my sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

King used to do a 'pub crisps' version of their regular cheese & onion crisps. Slightly bigger bag and, I think, skins still on. Those maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know you said all red, but they're not these by any chance are they?
    When you mentioned crisps, I immediately thought of these...these were very popular?

http://www.chipscollection.com/Foto/eire06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know you said all red, but they're not these by any chance are they?
    When you mentioned crisps, I immediately thought of these...these were very popular?

http://www.chipscollection.com/Foto/eire06.jpg

Unfortunately not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

king do a packet just for pubs. King Pub Crisps , it's sounds very close to what you are on about. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

philleas fogg used to have these chunky garlic things...garlic heaven they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 19 basemann

Here are some more rare ones...

Captain Crisps (The most forgotten as the only lasted about a year I believe)
    Amigos
    A Team Crisps (Small & cheap, one for each character)
    Ma Reilys
    Fun Yun Rings

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Washout wrote: »
    philleas fogg used to have these chunky garlic things...garlic heaven they used to be

ah wow, I read this thread and I was thinking of those very crisps, i remember my mom getting me a packet any time we went on a long car journey!

I would love to try them again but i suspect that they might be like eating a bag of croutons! cant remember exactly what they were like but I know I LOVED them!

I was a garlic obsessed child, weirdo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

ah wow, I read this thread and I was thinking of those very crisps, i remember my mom getting me a packet any time we went on a long car journey!

I would love to try them again but i suspect that they might be like eating a bag of croutons! cant remember exactly what they were like but I know I LOVED them!

I was a garlic obsessed child, weirdo!!!

cant get them anymore. they ere called mignons morceaux and they were heaven for garlic lovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

There was a Perri Cheese and Pub Crisp available around 2002, they had a tougher packet than normal Crisp, they were blue and orange colour.

And yes they were amazing, I think thats one you are talking about, also you could get them in regular shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Hi there,

This seems like a bit of a stretch but I'm looking for a brand of crisps that I haven't had since I was a kid and have only recently come back to mind.

I just always remember my dad bring them back from the off licence when we were younger. It would have been 10/12 years ago at least. They were cheese and onion, they came in a tougher packet than you would get with taytos and the likes. I seem to remember that the packet was blue and orange (I'm not entirely certain on this though as it's been a while).

Do any of you have any ideas? Details are very limited and I'm not even sure it they're still around. Asked my dad and he said that they might have been from perri, but I can't seem to find them.

Cheers guys!

:)

Sounds like Smokey Bacon to me

Advertisement