Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Private Campervan

Options
  • 23-04-2015 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have been looking at hiring a camper van and to be honest, its way out of my league (price wise) so i was wondering if anyone has heard of private individuals hiring their own camper van out? I would need it for about 9/10 days in August (from the 19/20 to the 30th). Any help gladly accepted.
    Tara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Normal insurance forbids it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

The general consensus is that private people are reluctant because they do not want their MH damaged and your insurance does not cover you if you are hiring out your MH. There is no incentive for a private individual to hire out their MH for any less than a company if they are providing the same standard vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

PM demoreino on here, he has a business/works in motorhome rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭blabley

Yeah, not been following this forum for long but seen it a few times when searching and it's the same responses everytime, however i would strongly! suggest hiring / borrowing one as me and the mrs have been talking about campers for years now. Only got round to hiring one in New Zealand over xmas, after saving big for the little thing and loved it so much a few major life changes have now been decided!

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi Brownetara ,
    I have just sent you a PM .
    Unfortunately , July and August are times I couldn't even offer my best friend a discount , so yes , it can be expensive .
    But , its worth every penny :-)
    However , for the rest of the year , prices are negotiable at times.
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement