Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Don't know how people just can't spell Sneijder! Fair enough names like Kuszczak probably require a quick google but c'mon Sneijder is easy!

Have to love saying to Pool fans about Charlie Adams though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Smegball wrote: »
    Don't know how people just can't spell Sneijder! Fair enough names like Kuszczak probably require a quick google but c'mon Sneijder is easy!

Welbeck as Wellbeck and McClean as McClane get me more than the Sneijder misspelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Schneidjer
    Kawaga
    Adams
    These spellings wreck my head.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Welbeck as Wellbeck and McClean as McClane get me more than the Sneijder misspelling.

Wellbeck and McClean are the correct spellings!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Eh WTF? His names is not spelt James, it's John. John McClane.

Best New York City Lieutenant of ALL time

killwill wrote: »

That's what I'm saying!

This is clearly a TV reference that has gone over my head...

That's what I'm saying!

This is clearly a TV reference that has gone over my head...

Sorry thought you were saying the opposite.

And it's Die Hard, pfffft, women!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I believe Kagawa is on International Duty, nothing will be resolved there for a week or two at least. That is if he even choses United.

Modric is a different type of player. Would love both tbh.

Sneijder is past his best IMO. He might have moments of brilliance but not on a consistent level.

I heard that the Kagawa deal is just waiting for him to agree terms with United but that shouldn't take to long

• Advertisement

Sorry thought you were saying the opposite.

And it's Die Hard, pfffft, women!!!

I loved the PlayStation 1 game if that's any consolation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Jaysis I remember that one. It was sh*te but I kept playing it. Weird.

s.welstead wrote: »
    Jaysis I remember that one. It was sh*te but I kept playing it. Weird.

The cheats for making people bobble-headed, skeletons or really fat were the highlights of that game for me. I wasted so much of my childhood on that game...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kagawa deal will go off without a hitch, I wouldn't worry if I were you lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Welbeck only has one l :)

-Ade- wrote: »

Ade you know I like to worry and I will continue to worry until the deal is confirmed on manutd.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Modric is one of the most overated players in the premiership imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kharrell wrote: »
    Ade you know I like to worry and I will continue to worry until the deal is confirmed on manutd.com

Get back on the Battlefield you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

btard wrote: »
    Modric is one of the most overated players in the premiership imo.

Just no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

As earlier poster has said, Kawaga really bugs me.......

K..A..G..A..W..A....

It's not hard....

Welbeck only has one l :)

Bollox. That's what I said in my first post!

I'm all confused now.

It is Welbeck and McClean.

• Advertisement

Get back on the Battlefield you!

You're carrying the team so im fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

well depending on who you believe, we were favorites to sign Hazard and he wanted to come to us.

the small matter of a 6million fee for the agent, helped to change things. it is possible that he wanted to sign for both city and united over chelsea, but both of those clubs wouldnt pay the fees to the agent.

So a player wants to go to a club, is happy with his own terms from the club, but doesn't go because his agent isn't happy?

Am I the only one who thinks that extremely unlikely? The agent works for the player, its not a partnership, the agent doesn't get a veto because he wants more money.

If a player really wants a move, he tells the agent to make it happen. He asks the wife if she is happy moving overseas, not the bloody agent.

So a player wants to go to a club, is happy with his own terms from the club, but doesn't go because his agent isn't happy?

Am I the only one who thinks that extremely unlikely? The agent works for the player, its not a partnership, the agent doesn't get a veto because he wants more money.

If a player really wants a move, he tells the agent to make it happen. He asks the wife if she is happy moving overseas, not the bloody agent.

It's likely, agents are in it for themselves. Why do you think Valencia got rid of his? Look at Rooney and his agent last season. An agent will tell their player that they can earn more money by leaving or demanding more and if a player and his agent are close that player could easily want more money for his agent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It does seem daft when you put it like that. But maybe the agent has managed to worm his way into the player's confidence and the player thinks he owes him or something. That's the only scenario I can think of where the player would let the agent ruin a deal with his stupid fee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hazard probably wanted the club that signed him to pay his agent a fee so he didn't have to pay the agent himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Me too!

Off course I just shot everyone in sight...bad guys..police...innocents :pac:

And cans! And shooting roof tiles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Well if Man City didn't want to pay 6 million for an agent fees, who would want to? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Spelling of Kagawa doesn't bother me, one of my friends can't pronounce his name for the life of him though, after me helping him many times its still hopeless.

It is funny though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Die Hard is the greatest action film of all time imo.

"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs" :P
    vent.jpg

DIE HARD!!

Me and my mates always argue which order is best

For me Die Hard 1, 2, 4, 3.

Wonder what 5 will be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

IvySlayer wrote: »
    DIE HARD!!

I would go with 1, 3, 2, 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They dont make good films like they used to anymore. That is for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DIE HARD!!

How in the name of jesus can you put number 3 last?

Fúcking sacrilege!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

give our history of ineptness with transfers, nothing is sure with united. until the lad is holding up the jersey, its not guaranteed.

weve been let down too many times at this stage to ever take a transfer for granted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

give our history of ineptness with transfers, nothing is sure with united. until the lad is holding up the jersey, its not guaranteed.

weve been let down too many times at this stage to ever take a transfer for granted.

Your memory's too short, even when you have the player holding the jersey it's still not guaranteed! :p

John Obi Mikel says what?

Best wait until the player joins up with the club for the first training session...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

you underestimate the power of agents in the world lad. some footballers are barely able to open a bottle of milk without their agent helping them.

the stories about the agent fees appear to be true, when the same people (i think it was Miguel Delaney) are saying that united was his preferred destination but the fees turned them off (and i assume city too), why not believe that aspect also?

How in the name of jesus can you put number 3 last?

Fúcking sacrilege!!!

3 was easily the worst.

Easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Your memory's too short, even when you have the player holding the jersey it's still not guaranteed! :p

mikel_johnobi_shirt.jpg

Best wait until the player joins up with the club for the first training session...

Picture wont load. who is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

John Obi Mikel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

3 was easily the worst.

Easily.

3 was awesome, miles better than 2, broke away from the mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

the stories about the agent fees appear to be true, when the same people (i think it was Miguel Delaney) are saying that united was his preferred destination but the fees turned them off (and i assume city too), why not believe that aspect also?

Because the only evidence is their word and the word of sports journalists is nothing particularly reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I think you missed the goal. Your shot has hit Eamon Dunphy in the studio.

Unless you're saying for a fact that you knew Michael Owen would sign for United. If you are you are an epic búllshítter.

Seriously what are you on about ??? I never said I knew Owen was going to sign for Utd, but once he did it didn't take Mystic Meg to know he was more than likely going to have injury problems.

Didn't we get him for nothing on a pay-as-you-play deal. Nothing to lose therefore.

Was it not a basic salary plus play related add-ons. Not 100% sure either way.

Er no. The post is ultimately about signing Didier Drogba, so ergo the post is about the unforseeability of a player signing for United. Had it been about Drogba being injury prone then yes, the forseeability of Owen's injury record would be the kernal of the post. I forgot, however, that nobody reads anymore, especially on here. SCAN....RAGE!!111!!!!

I only referred to the part of your post re-Owen....for what its worth Drogba would be a decent signing for Utd imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

IMO, the agent story is rubbish. Both Utd and City have a lot of competition for his position. At Chelsea, they are crying out for wingers and creative attacking players, and he was probably promised that they would build the team around him.
    Remember, he was very clear about playing time.
    Chelsea would have been his best option for that and once they qualified for CL football, it was a no brainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

3 was easily the worst.

Easily.

What!!! 3 is the best of the whole franchise. Best story, best action and moves long at a cracking pace.

Plus its got the line "You know, your brother was an asshole."

4 is without doubt the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Anyone find the Utd jersey anywhere cheaper than €60. I know lifestyle and elverys are 60. Jerseys seem to be more expensive across the board lately. I remember gettin last yrs for 50 on launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Picture wont load. who is it?

It was a picture of John Obi Mikel holding up his Utd Mikel 21 jersey which now seems to have disappeared from where it was hosted. I've replaced it (hopefully) with one of him wearing the jersey instead, safeguarding the enjoyment of this thread for future generations!

Edit: found it again somewhere else, let's see if it shows up this time...

rk6f7r.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

It was a picture of John Obi Mikel holding up his Utd Mikel 21 jersey which now seems to have disappeared from where it was hosted. I've replaced it (hopefully) with one of him wearing the jersey instead, safeguarding the enjoyment of this thread for future generations!

Edit: found it again somewhere else, let's see if it shows up this time...

rk6f7r.jpg

But he plays for Chelsea??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

But he plays for Chelsea??

Thank God.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement