Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭Quandary

Meh, it's not like we could have afforded Hazard anyway!

You have to wonder were Utd ever really in for him in the first place with the way he's been media whoring over the last while....

I can see it now, we'll sign Powell along with a left back. Pogba will leave, we'll be stuck with a midfield of 2 oaps, park, Carrick, Ando and a very injury prone Cleverley :(

No value in the market yada yada ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Could the Pogba deal be put on hold with the situation with the Juve manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Now its all about Kagawa, and (maybe) Modric :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Could the Pogba deal be put on hold with the situation with the Juve manager?

I highly doubt it. Most managers in Italy don't have control over transfers, and I'm pretty sure Conte falls into that category. The scandal (for once) doesn't directly implicate Juve either, it relates to his time at Siena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Probably for the best lads, I wouldn't have been unhappy if he did arrive but I would have been a bit discouraged that a big money signing came in and it wasn't in our most needed area. Wide options don't need any drastic improvement especially if it meant forgoing getting decent quality in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Quandary wrote: »
    Meh, it's not like we could have afforded Hazard anyway!

You have to wonder were Utd ever really in for him in the first place with the way he's been media whoring over the last while....

I can see it now, we'll sign Powell along with a left back. Pogba will leave, we'll be stuck with a midfield of 2 oaps, park, Carrick, Ando and a very injury prone Cleverley :(

No value in the market yada yada ......

Is this a wind up? We had an offer accepted for him! He had agreed terms. WE ARE NOT BROKE FFS!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm annoyed, but not as much as I would have been if he went to City.

As has already been said, God knows what way Chelsea will be next year. Even if he does improve their standing, he could have made City far more dangerous.

Now then, I just want confirmation on Kagawa before Chelsea or City decide to try and steal him too <_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Why did I get my hopes up. Ah well, hopefully we'll finish up our signings before the euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

TBF the media made more of a circus than Hazard about it on the downside surely he will not be the only big name player Chelsea sign must be alot of promises.Just seems a bit small time the announcement on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Thank god that is over. Delighted he didn't sign for us but delighted he didn't sign for City. Chelsea will need a lot more than Hazard to be challenging for the Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

No word of it on Chelsea's website. Glad we didn't get him the little attention seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭Quandary

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is this a wind up? We had an offer accepted for him! He had agreed terms. WE ARE NOT BROKE FFS!

Didn't say we are broke FFS.

We just can't really afford to be splashing 200k+per week on anybody IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Never wanted Benzema Ozil Nasri Sneijder Hazard anyway.

Tired of this shít :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thank god that is over. Delighted he didn't sign for us but delighted he didn't sign for City. Chelsea will need a lot more than Hazard to be challenging for the Premier League.
    Wouldn't go that far tbh, with Hazard and Mata they now have 2 top creative midfielders and if Marin does a covering job well then they are sorted. Luis will come good for them too and if Torres hits form they'll be challenging next season. They could still go out and get a top striker but they do have Lukaku who has a lot of promise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jesus Christ we are turning into some cop outs in the transfer market in recent years. When was the last big signing we made?

We identify quality target
    City/Chelsea/Madrid interested
    We back down
    "No value in market"

Rinse and repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

list of players Man U have missed out on in last few years

2003 - Ronaldinho
    2004 - Robben
    2005 - Essien
    2006 - Torres
    2009 - Benzema
    2010 - Ozil
    2011 - Nasri,Alexis Sanchez
    2012 - Hazard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

What the fück are you lot all smoking ??

You lost the league on goal difference FFS .

Goal difference !!!

Not because you have shíte players, not because you missed out on the Nasri's, Benzemas etc . It was as close as it gets .
    UTD are still well in the mix and all you can do is pīss and moan about missing out on signing a media whore that has done feck all to prove he can do it in the toughest league in the World .

Spoiled I tell ya - spoiled .

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Damn, I thought we were going to get him.
    Keno 92 wrote: »
    I might of mentioned this before but.......We're not getting Hazard.
    We're not signing Hazard *LALALALALALA* *I CANT HEAR YOU*

Like my dad used to stay, "If you have no expectations, you cannot be dissapointed".

Thanks dad.
    We're not signing Hazard. End of. I expect no talk on this topic from hear on in. Good lads.
    If we sign Hazard I'll stop posting on boards

today.
    I'm saying United won't get Hazard because

1) We're so heavily linked with Kagawa.
    2) He would cost a lot. £30-£35 million probably? Plus over 200k wages probably? Can't see United spending that and if they did that would probably be the end of transfers, and we need a CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

MD1990 wrote: »

2003 - Ronaldinho
    2004 - Robben
    2005 - Essien
    2006 - Torres
    2009 - Benzema
    2010 - Ozil
    2012 - Hazard

Now put silverware beside those years .

Told ya - spoiled rotten :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

2003 - Ronaldinho
    2004 - Robben
    2005 - Essien
    2006 - Torres
    2009 - Benzema
    2010 - Ozil
    2012 - Hazard

Its like Groundhog day

Kagawa has to be signed now,which should happen as Utd seem to be the only club interested in him atm,I suppose it could have been worse re Hazard he could have said he was joining the Champions of England

Summer signings - James McCarthy £6 million, Nick Powell £3 million.

Fergie: ''We're happy with our squad, plus Darren Fletcher coming back is like a brand new signing.''

safe_image.php?d=AQC_iqevkrMmPzdQ&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.silvergames.com%2F90x90%2Ftrollface.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Honestly, I'm stunned he chose Chelsea over us in a direct fight.

Well, suddenly Gaitan may be back in the mix I guess. I'd rather Kagawa than Hazard tbh when put side by side I'd say as he's more proven playing the central role than Hazard but I'd definitely bought into the idea of Kagawa, Hazard and Nani/Valencia behind Rooney...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

FutureGuy wrote: »

im really not. probably bigger wages and the draw of London is pretty huge for most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭kippy

€€€€€€ or should I say ££££££££
    He wouldnt be the first player in the last decade to chose Chelsea over United.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Absolutely delighted tbh, what a complete and utter tool. He'll fit right in at Chelsea.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Summer signings - James McCarthy £6 million, Nick Powell £3 million.

Fergie: ''We're happy with our squad, plus Darren Fletcher coming back is like a brand new signing.''

safe_image.php?d=AQC_iqevkrMmPzdQ&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.silvergames.com%2F90x90%2Ftrollface.gif

Wouldn't be too upset with those 2 and Kagawa tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Although its over in late May, it felt like this went on longer than Sneijder.

Kagawa please + AN other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

2003 - Ronaldinho
    2004 - Robben
    2005 - Essien
    2006 - Torres
    2009 - Benzema
    2010 - Ozil
    2012 - Hazard

Out of those, Ronaldinho should have happened, Robben was cool and all, but I don't think we needed him at that time. Essien would have been nice. Torres, I'd say no as we had a young Rooney and Ronaldo. I don't care a damn about Benzema, no chance of Ozil as Real wanted him and he wanted them. Sanchez again no chance with Barcelona wanting him, and I don't think we needed him, and I think Nasri is a poor player.

With Hazard this year, his attitude seems crap, and I'd rather Kagawa and the differential in price and wages put towards a midfielder. I reckon Kagawa won't care as much about being rotated as Hazard would too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right...positives.

1) He went to Chelsea not City. A playmaker in a team depending on Torres to finish

2) We were after both Hazard and Kagawa at the same time so the money is there

3) Kagawa should be finalised soon. In for some other promising players.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If we get Kagawa and hold on to Pogba I'll be ecstatic!

Also, I'd be interested to hear what Utd think of this Hazard fiasco, it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we'd pulled out of any potential deal tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

titan18 wrote: »
    I don't care a damn about Benzema

I find it strange that you don't care a damn about one of the best strikers in world football at the moment. Big player to miss out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Also, I'd be interested to hear what Utd think of this Hazard fiasco, it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we'd pulled out of any potential deal tbh.

we might say this anyway to save face

strange how clubs have kept really quiet during this though and we are taking hazards word for it alll

I find it strange that you don't care a damn about one of the best strikers in world football at the moment. Big player to miss out on.

You win some, you lose some, that's football. No point in getting depressed about something one has absolutely no control over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

3) Kagawa should be finalised soon. In for some other promising players.

I`ll believe it when it happens tbh. There is so much media outlets these days for gossip, its hard to keep track of what is really going on.

I dont think Utd ever confirmed that they bid for Hazard did they? I`d be happy if they did bid. At least that would show there are funds there for signings. If there are those sort of funds available Kagawa will most likely cost half of what Hazard would have, leaving a nice few quid in the kitty that could be spent elsewhere(hopefully)

kippy wrote: »
    You win some, you lose some, that's football. No point in getting depressed about something one has absolutely no control over.

When was the last time we "won" something like this though? When was the last time we got a "big" name singing for us? The truth is United haven'y won a transfer war for a while now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

2003 - Ronaldinho
    2004 - Robben
    2005 - Essien
    2006 - Torres
    2009 - Benzema
    2010 - Ozil
    2012 - Hazard

Not sure what that list proves - several of those went to other clubs for footballing or cultural reasons. No club manages to sign everyone they want. Look at who we did sign during that time - Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Carrick, Hargreaves etc, its not like we're broke.

Of that list, most havent lived up to their hype long term, Hazard could well be a flop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

2003 - Ronaldinho
    2004 - Robben
    2005 - Essien
    2006 - Torres
    2009 - Benzema
    2010 - Ozil
    2012 - Hazard

2003 - Ronaldo
    2004 - Robben
    2005 - Essien
    2006 - Torres
    2009 - Benzema, Ronaldo
    2010 - Ozil
    2011 - Nasri, De Gea
    2012 - Hazard

List of Players Barcelona, AC Milan and Bayern Munich missed out on:pac:

If we get Kagawa and hold on to Pogba I'll be ecstatic!

I doubt we'll hear anything from United. Maybe a back handed comment from Fergie about agents or some bollocks, but that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

kippy wrote: »

When was the last time we "won" something like this though? When was the last time we got a "big" name singing for us? The truth is United haven'y won a transfer war for a while now...

Beat a few clubs to get Jones, beat City for Berbatov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Whilst,he's a really good player, I'd rather Rooney, and at the time we were linked, we had signed Berbatov for big money the season before. I don't think there was a chance we were signing him for what he went for, to come in as a 3rd striker

ceegee wrote: »
    Beat a few clubs to get Jones, beat City for Berbatov.

Were City the powerhouse they are today at that stage? Was there that much of a fiasco over Jones? I know Jones was good and was wanted, but I don't remember there being a massive bidding war over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yay, we didn't sign the winger, can we now please concentrate on buying a central midfielder please Mr Ferguson sir?

Clubs don't necessarily need "big" names signing for them all the time. Hazard isn't even the type of player that united need most at the moment, particularly for the figures mentioned and the lack of doing anything on a "big" stage.
    Hazard is no doubt a great prospect but many a team has ponied up top dollar to realise that great prospects are anything but guaranteed.
    United are operating against almost unlimited funds when you look at Chelsea and City and the same at Madrid and Barcelona. These are the types of teams United are competing against when signing some of these "big" names.

The bottom line is that you, or indeed anyone here, have any idea what players United have actually been in for in the past number of seasons, and what reasons players have for going where they go.

Were City the powerhouse they are today at that stage? Was there that much of a fiasco over Jones? I know Jones was good and was wanted, but I don't remember there being a massive bidding war over him.
    You've probably answered your own questions there tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

554319_390152541030492_197918920253856_1078717_1869620122_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hope Kagawa is signed now in next few days .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Hope Kagawa is signed now in next few days .

watch us f*ck that up now also.

fergie f*cked up last summer, he could well do it this summer also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yay, we didn't sign the winger, can we now please concentrate on buying a central midfielder please Mr Ferguson sir?

He can play on the wing but is certainly not a winger. Signing him/Kagawa will strengthen the midfield as it will alleviate pressure for our center mids. They can hold the ball up keeping possession and slap the ball out the flanks and to our forward while chipping in with a few goals themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if torres regains his old form, chelsea will be frightening next season and we will be playing catch up not only on them but on city also.

fergie failed to react to citys signings last year by wasting the guts of 50 million, which i said at the time would turn out to be his biggest mistake at the helm of united, i just hope he doesnt repeat it this year.

as somebody just pointed out however, he doesnt have the CL final and league title to hide behind this summer. weve just had one of our worst seasons in the last 15 years, he needs to get his f*cking finger out and spend the money now that was "assigned" to hazard and on players who are world class, not players from swansea, west ham or stoke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement