Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noise Rock Pop - Looking for Recruits

• 23-01-2014 5:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm steve. I'm a 22 year old college graduate and I desperately need a band to take my mind off being unemployed. This is sort of a last attempt of doing something in Ireland before I fúck off to London or some far flung place if music doesn't pan out.

I'm a multi-instrumentalist singer song writer type. My previous solo outfit Retreat From Moscow was moderately successful. It was a folk-pop, synth and acoustic guitar based outfit. I've sort of outgrown the whole slow folk thing so now I want a 3/4 piece band to play a mixture of songs. Some of it sounds like No Age and experimental punk while other parts sounds like Built to Spill and Dinosaur Jr. and even reminiscent of Pavement I guess. I need a guitarist, bassist and keyboardist but ideally at least one of these people would have a working knowledge of a second instrument.

I don't have any demos for this new material yet. To get some idea of what I'm about here's a link to one of my old songs that would sound kind of similar to what I'm about. Imagine that song with upbeat and thumping drums in the chorus.

I really just want any sort of musician who shares similar influences.

Thanks for reading.

Actually this might be better example. Just louder, LOUDER!?

Comments

Advertisement