Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall copings

Options
  • 07-07-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭

I have a house in Newtowncunningham, and the wall around the side is missing the copings. This results in rain pooling on top of the wall and trickling down the sides and making it look filthy.

I can't seem to find any to match. The ones on the wall are flat, not the usual sloping ones. They are 8 inches wide too, the smallest standard one seems to be 10 inches.

Any suggestions on sourcing these or close? I have tried Charles Kelly in Letterkenny and Chambers in Drumahoe.

I'm getting the place painted in the next month or so and I need to get the copings done first.

This is the best pic I have of them (not great, sorry).

313695.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could try Gambles who are located on the Ballinalecky - St. Johnston road or Pat Lafferty in Killygordon.

Sorry, dont have any phone numbers handy.

Alternatively if the copings are flat you could consider casting your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

muffler wrote: »
    Alternatively if the copings are flat you could consider casting your own.

Never even thought of that. Would probably be cheaper. Need to cover about 20 metres of wall and the prices I was seeing for standard angled ones were about €7 per metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's a crowd out around Clonmany direction do them, I can get you a mobile number for them if you want.

They operate from their home. I had a flyer for them last week but have lost it.

I'm leaning towards Mufflers suggestion that the minute, might make one piece and see how it goes.

I'll post again if I need their number, or with pics if it is a success.

Turned out well, will be fitting them next week.

A few wrinkles and creases, but nothing major and a few coats of paint will hide them fine.

6TNFii.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I had to reduce the image above as it took me 5 minutes to scroll over from left to right :eek: :D

Well done. They look good.

Advertisement