Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you play PS2 games on a laptop?

Options
  • 12-07-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,

Can you play PS2 games on a pc?

Excuse me from being ignorant as I don't no much about technology but I have a load of old PS2 games and my playstation is broke and I wanted to play them and I was just wondering is their a way I can play them on my laptop without harming or destroying my laptop??

regards

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hello,

Can you play PS2 games on a pc?

Excuse me from being ignorant as I don't no much about technology but I have a load of old PS2 games and my playstation is broke and I wanted to play them and I was just wondering is their a way I can play them on my laptop without harming or destroying my laptop??

regards

Not really, you can download PCSX2 which is a PS2 emulator. It's fairly CPU/GPU heavy though and a laptop may not suit

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You need an emulator like this:

http://pcsx2.net/

Then you get PS2 game isos from places we're not allowed talk about here and load them in the emulator. The laptop will need to have a bit of horsepower to run them.

Advertisement