Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net email issue

Options
  • 11-07-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I use eircom.net for some email - I have noticed that some emails, which have been previously received, read and deleted, keep downloading at irregular intervals over the past three months. There does not appear to be any pattern but some of the emails, dating back to April, download into my Outlook inbox at least twice per month.

Additionally, I know that some emails, which I should have received, have not been delivered at all. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There is an option in Outlook to Delete the mail from the server when downloaded to your Inbox, can't remember exactly where, but it would be in account settings somewhere, make sure it's ticked

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

uch wrote: »
    There is an option in Outlook to Delete the mail from the server when downloaded to your Inbox, can't remember exactly where, but it would be in account settings somewhere, make sure it's ticked

I have configured the email to do just that and usually happens - when I login to my webmail account there are no emails in any folders, which is correct, as it is a POP3 account. Yet, at intervals, certain email pop up again in my Inbox.

Advertisement