Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice / info needed..

Options
  • 09-12-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

My mother (70s) wants to get the old windows in our home replaced with uPvc ones, and also get the walls and attic insulated.
    I know grants are available for the insulation, but can anyone tell me if grants are available for upgrading the windows? The house was built in the 1970s and my mother is widowed.

Appreciate all the info. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

The short answer is no. SEAI, the body that gives out the grants for energy efficiency doesn't give grants for windows.

The best thing you can do is shop around for the best priced windows, taking into account how much money you/your mother will save on heating with whichever u-value is provided by the new windows. Proper fitting is essential.

Advertisement