Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Happy Days : Car fixed and 10 cent richer

Options
  • 03-09-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I have an opel omega and air con unit was blowing its fuse erratically . I thought it was because some damp had got into the car because of a blocked scuttle drain under the bonnet. Opel wanted 500 euro look at the problem. They also wanted 200 euro to re-gas the air con. Needless to say I was dubious about leaving it with them. Joined the UK Vauxhall owners club ( boards )and asked a few questions there. Someone had a similar problem .... I found a 10 cent coin that the kids had put into the rear cigarette lighter . 1 new fuse , 10 cent in my pocket and car fixed. Pity all car problems aren't so easy to fix !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ah yes the old stray coin. I've had stray coins foul handbrake mechanisms, blow fuses, destroy CD players, block seat rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Happy days. €500 spare bucks now to keep for when the timing belt goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Hope not.........Just had it done 10k miles ago!

Advertisement