Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did Junkyard buy the Veyron?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Yup that it she said the B looked to be similar to the MINI badge showed her a pic and she said yes that's it. ah well the Veyron still alludes us for another while but it'll be like a corolla in a few years best selling car in Ireland:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

@ AMV8,

Don't let one poster speak for the majority here, and thanks for the clarification.

However unsuited a Veyron is for Irish boreens, it's still a shame to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AndyT

AMV8 wrote:
    Guys,

I know both Niall Cunningham who sold the car and I also know the owner of the car as both a friend and a work colleague. He has been a fanatical car enthusiast all his life and bought the Veyron because he felt, as Clarkson said the Veyron is the Concorde of the car world. It probably will not be surpassed.

To clear up a few points before the story gets even more legs.

1) The car is going to Spain. The car has been in storage in Galway since the Phoenix Park races and is has NOT been registered. Therefore as the VRT hasn't been paid the owner doesn't loose any money when he sends it to Spain.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion about whether he's a muppet or not.....

I have no doubts whatsoever that the owner is FAR from a muppet. He's clever enough to have the wherewithall to purchase this car whereas drdre's mammy wouldn't let him have an RC version....... Muppet? I think not...

I question that the car is 'in storage' given that my GF has pics of it following her out of Briarhill last week. Someone is enjoying it occasionally!

Well wear to whoever bought it. I hope he has many happy miles of motoring in it somewhere sunny away from the begrudging Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AMV8

AndyT wrote:
    I question that the car is 'in storage' given that my GF has pics of it following her out of Briarhill last week. Someone is enjoying it occasionally!

OK, I have to confess a few of us did get a 5 min spin in it last Tuesday around lunch time. We just went out as far as the Quality Hotel and back in to Ballybrit.

Does she drive a Z4 ? There was one in front of me when I took it out, she had the roof down and was trying really hard with the camera phone... :D

AMV8 wrote:
    OK, I have to confess a few of us did get a 5 min spin in it last Tuesday around lunch time. We just went out as far as the Quality Hotel and back in to Ballybrit.

Does she drive a Z4 ? There was one in front of me when I took it out, she had the roof down and was trying really hard with the camera phone... :D

Ha ha, that's hilarious! :) Yeah, that was her alright. She has a brilliant shot of it in the rearview mirror. She said she had to get photos so that I wouldn't think that she'd mistaked a Conti GT for the Veyron again!

Sorry for outing your little spin like that, glad to hear that you were taking it easy on the bypass! ;)

Wish your friend all the best with it.

• Advertisement

AndyT wrote:
    glad to hear that you were taking it easy on the bypass! ;)

No comment !! :rolleyes:

AMV8 wrote:
    No comment !! :rolleyes:

We'll park that there then. :)

Does your username reflect what you drive. I was given a few pax laps of Mondello in one of those last year by a kind gentleman. Wonderful motor.

It wasn't you by any chance was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Nice to see it's all cleared up now.... tell your friend good luck with her.

AndyT wrote:
    Does your username reflect what you drive.

I did have one last year for about 6 months but believe it or not I didn't like it at all. I was looking forward to it for over 12 months but it was a bit of a disappointment. It was stunning looking and the sound was incredible but I didn't enjoy driving it, it never really felt fast. And no it wasn't me in Mondello.

Apologies for going off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

AMV8 wrote:
    I did have one last year for about 6 months but believe it or not I didn't like it at all. I was looking forward to it for over 12 months but it was a bit of a disappointment. It was stunning looking and the sound was incredible but I didn't enjoy driving it, it never really felt fast. And no it wasn't me in Mondello.

Apologies for going off topic
    What did you replace it with? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement