Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neutering a bitch..

Options
  • 12-10-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if neutering a bitch will stop her from bleeding when she's in heat. She's an in house dog that is never outside alone so thats is the only reason as she destroys all the beds and couches and I dont want to be locking her in a small room for the few weeks while shes in heat.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Neutering will totally stop her heat cycles - bleeding included. She will never come into season or bleed again after being done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Just be aware that you can't have her spayed while she is in heat so there is no way around it this time I'm afraid. You'd be best to wait 2 or 3 months after her heat finishes to give her hormones time to get back to normal again and then have her done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

Shes out of heat now with over 3 months. The vet had told us that, I just forgot to ask about the bleeding.. Thanks very much guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Spaying saves so much hassle and is healthier for your dog too, all my girls are spayed, nothing passes my threshold without being spayed/neutered.
    Just make sure you've a good vet and keep her warm and cosy afterwards, she might bounce back straight away or be a little more quiet than usual. They recover so quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes, once they are spayed, they dont have cycles so they wont bleed.

It is much healthier to spay a bitch anyway, not just because it stops the bleeding so you def look into getting her down soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement