Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemurs for sale?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

I heard there was a pet shop in Dublin that was selling lemurs

Surely this is illegal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

saw them too!but nothing is really illegal to sell as long as theres the paper work!i think they're a "cites" animal so will need the papers to prove where they came from and that they're captive bred but once they have them they're good to go!weather people agree with it or not!dont think many people at all could provide for them properly tho!think the animals in that shop are more for the shops image and to attract business?just my opinion....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dave71

Once you have the paper work i.e the cities and article 10 papers there's no problem. In fairness to the shop they are in a quite big enclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

yeah in fairness to them, they're quite good with exotics and reptiles ect..all kept well and in good condition!its just that the people buying might not be as good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

By enclosure is that an aviary type thing of a proper large enclosure 1/4 acre is in size? I don't know, they are lovely creatures but prefer to visit monkey world to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Demonique

As far as reptiles go, the Reptile Haven in Dublin has a better selection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The lemurs are in Whackers on the Long Mile Road in Dublin. There is no price on them so it seems it is price on asking.

Advertisement