Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instyler

Options
  • 14-10-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi everyone, Im thinking of buying an instyler. Has anybody used it? I would like to hear your thoughts on it! I have long thick bushy hair that that can be a handful so was wondering if this would be a solution to my hair problems!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I think its amazing! I kind of use it as a brush more than anything :o

I tend to wear my hair in a topknot most days cause its quite long at the back so when I take it down its pretty wild and i just run the instyler through it and its turns the bushy mess into sleek beachy waves in seconds! I find it leaves less flyaways than the ghd and it doesn't flatten the hair as much. I doubt it'd straighten as well as the ghd but I haven't tried that yet, I just kind of flatten/brush through my bushy hair with it if that makes sense?

If i turn the ends in with it it leaves the volume in the ends wheres doing the same with the ghd would thin out the ends or something, leaving it kinda sparse looking, I'm so bad at descriptions sorry! :o

I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EllaC

I bought an Instyler last December and to say I fell in love with it is an understatement.

I used it as a curling tool as opposed to using it for straightening and loved the way it gave me a good hair day every day – got lots of compliments etc.

However, I have fine (but not thin), colour treated hair that is prone to frizzyness unless I wash it and give it a strong, salon style blow dry every day. So this in addition to using the Instyler daily (I know I should have known better! – but I loved it sooo much) left me with the worst conditioned hair of my life.

Although, I managed to hide the worst of the damage by using the Instyler (bit of a catch 22 situation) I had to face facts that the only way I would ever get the condition back (no amount of Kerastase shampoos/masks/argan oil was helping) was to cut my medium/long length hair short – and of course stop using the Instyler. I had never had (nor wanted) short hair in my life. But I went to a really good stylist who gave me a superb cut that I could live with until I grew my hair back.

It’s now three months since the cut and my hair is a lovely length (not as long as before yet) but the good cut was the right thing to do and I feel like myself again.

So get the Instyler if you want but treat it with extreme caution and use sparingly - thus ends my salutary tale….

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Thanks for replying ladies - i think you have convinced me to purchase!! I wouldnt be too worried about the condition of my hair as its quite strong - years of ghd usage hasn't destroyed it yet anyway! 😀

Advertisement