Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Don't know if I set it right or not...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Lardy wrote: »
    Don't know if I set it right or not...

Thanks for that. Looks like there's still a battery drain issue there. A mate of mine just updated too, I'll get him to test his and see how they compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm reading about the yellow band screen issue at the moment. Anyone have this problem on their opo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

SteM wrote: »
    I'm reading about the yellow band screen issue at the moment. Anyone have this problem on their opo?
    I don't have it but iirc its easily fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Is there any stores in Dublin that stock cases or screen protectors for this phone? Would prefer not to get one today rather than waiting to have one delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Liking the new CM update for the battery! With use of twitter and Gmail (around once per hour for 5 mins ie 8 times) my phone is at 91% after 8 off the charger!

what cable do I need to connect oneplus to my TV ? I know this is screen casting but just wondering is the oneplus MHL compatible ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    what cable do I need to connect oneplus to my TV ? I know this is screen casting but just wondering is the oneplus MHL compatible ?

Not MHL, cant get it to fit in.

Even if the apec sheet says it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

My phone dropped more than 20% battery in just over 2 hours last night while in standby. Anyone else experiencing this kind of drain? Mediaserver seems to be the problem, whatever that is. Also can't figure out how to upload a screenshot if anyone can help me with that so I can let you all see.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Wynnie12 if you click "post reply" scroll down the page a bit and you should see a tab called "manage attachments", you can upload the file there.

I read through another entire thread on the battery drain issue over at the OnePlus forums and the general consensus is that the idle drain issue has improved in 33R but still nowhere near as good as it was on 25R. The results were something along the lines of:

25R - 5 to 10
    30O - 50+
    33R - 20 to 30

Steve Kondik from CM had originally said that they had 33R down to 3.5 mA idle drain but that turned out to be rubbish. When a bug report was submitted about this, he replied that rooted devices might cause the extra drain because of root apps remaining active monitoring whatever it is they do. However many of these people didn't have root. I have root on 25R and I only get 5 to 7mA idle drain, so he's talking through his hat. There's supposed to be yet another OTA in a week or so but it's not clear if there will be any improvement on the drain as he hasn't even officially acknowledged it as an actual bug!

I left my phone on standby with 100% battery going to bed last night and eight hours later I still had 100%! Dropped to 99 the second I put the screen on but still, that's bloody good going. I'm sticking with 25R until I see people's results on the next OTA.

after 24 hrs running time on 33R (with light use) i'm at 68%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

case/cover? im not even opening the box till i have a cover! what are you guys doing? amazon uk have some but 6 sterling postage and packaging is a bit rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I've the Orzly gel case from this link http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/08/5-best-cases-oneplus-one/

Great protection front and back and doesn't add too much bulk.

I got the rhino shield screen protector.Let the phone fall twice and not a scratch on the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I bought the Cruzerlite Bugdroid on Amazon, it fits really well and should do a good job at protecting the phone.

Free shipping on orders above 25 quid on Amazon so just buy some stuff you don't need along with it.

• Advertisement

Cocoon wrote: »
    I bought the Cruzerlite Bugdroid on Amazon, it fits really well and should do a good job at protecting the phone.

Free shipping on orders above 25 quid on Amazon so just buy some stuff you don't need along with it.
    just put a Belfast post code on the end of your address and it will be free postage.It will take a day or 2 extra to arrive but it hasn't let me down yet.

Duff wrote: »
    I've the Orzly gel case from this link http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/08/5-best-cases-oneplus-one/

Great protection front and back and doesn't add too much bulk.

Yep using Orzly case too, ordered one got two! Gave em a good review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Went with the bugdroid aswell, not bad but not sure how much protection it would offer if I dropped the phone.

Got a tempered glass screen from Orzly though , does a great job and hopefully will protect the screen from any mishaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    My phone dropped more than 20% battery in just over 2 hours last night while in standby. Anyone else experiencing this kind of drain? Mediaserver seems to be the problem, whatever that is. Also can't figure out how to upload a screenshot if anyone can help me with that so I can let you all see.
    Cheers

Did factory reset and seemed to have helped with battery drain. Only dropped 8% last night on 3g. Had xbmc installed and have a feeling that may have been the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

quick question for the owners of this great phone, especially ones coming from small screens (iPhone 4 etc.)

how do you find texting on the device? do you one thumb type or is that a thing of the past given its beastly size?

also any people out there using a stylus with this device? seems handy to make the most of the screen when using photo edit apps etc

• Advertisement

blocparty wrote: »
    how do you find texting on the device? do you one thumb type or is that a thing of the past given its beastly size?

You can resize and move the keyboard to one side if you want and still use one thumb:
    http://androidhryaplikacie.sk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/swiftkey-43_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Did factory reset and seemed to have helped with battery drain. Only dropped 8% last night on 3g. Had xbmc installed and have a feeling that may have been the issue

You should be fine still texting with one hand unless you have midget hands. The swipe text function is also really handy.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I've been trying Minuum keyboard, no swipe but the collapsed version is usable with a thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

Anyone know if I install the manual update from 25r to 33r will I lost all data/apps i've installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

Duff wrote: »
    You should be fine still texting with one hand unless you have midget hands. The swipe text function is also really handy.:D

i have quite large hands so i should be fine!

thanks, also good to know it comes with Swype, i was an initial beta tester on that when i had my htc hero all those years ago!

looking forward to going back to android after almost 3 years on iOS!

blocparty wrote: »
    also good to know it comes with Swype, i was an initial beta tester on that when i had my htc hero all those years ago!

Well it doesn't come with Swype, you have to install that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Blade wrote: »
    Well it doesn't come with Swype, you have to install that.

Installed swiftkey, comes with swype! Nice

Another good reason to use a case... Holy shizz!! :eek:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/be-careful-my-one-has-burned.96724/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

Ermmm ... Wtf???

Imagine something like that happened in a house. And to think i am waiting to shell out for one of these yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

So I've basically decided to wait it out and get an invite eventually. Theres not another phone out there that ive remotely any interest in

Hows the music through headphones lads? probably the most important aspect for me.. how loud is it? :pac:

• Advertisement

Another good reason not to keep it anywhere near your testicles, apart from the radiation :)

Blade wrote: »
    Another good reason not to keep it anywhere near your testicles, apart from the radiation :)

strange, when i was doing the OTA updates the phone got insanely hot.
    I did get a bit worried, I had to do 2 updates in a row so the heat was very intense.

It did cool down obviously and it hasn't heated up at all under normal operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

This looks seriously bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

General consensus seems to be defect and/or bent phone from sitting on it caused the battery to leak. Not exactly an everyday problem. The OPO would be more susceptible to this due to the inbuilt battery though. Less room to move when the phone gets bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

who put their phone in their back pocket anyways. is this like that kid whose battery blew up and it turned out it was microwaved or something like that ? :rolleyes:

anyways never mind that shizzle, got my bumper case and xtremeguard screen protector.
    img_20140826_130459cus2j.jpgimg_20140826_130522xss21.jpg
    img_20140826_130547e9s2r.jpgimg_20140826_130614waset.jpg
    img_20140826_13064727s0l.jpgimg_20140826_130701x2siv.jpg
    img_20140826_133616was0m.jpgimg_20140826_1334573vsqh.jpg

Ill be doing a giveaway for a bumper case and screen protector soon and have promised some to a few people on here. They are going in the post 2moro. If anyone is looking for a sp and I am not allowed promote that I am selling them pm me and ill give you a boardsie discount ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

^ Got a link to where you got that bumper case? Looks like it has good protection on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

daytob wrote: »

Im getting this error when I pick my irish delivery address:

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Are you located in america?

Ill be doing a giveaway for a bumper case and screen protector soon and have promised some to a few people on here. They are going in the post 2moro. If anyone is looking for a sp and I am not allowed promote that I am selling them pm me and ill give you a boardsie discount ;)

Sent you a PM there... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tinie wrote: »
    Im getting this error when I pick my irish delivery address:

Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Are you located in america?

They deliver to Uk maybe try Parcel motel?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They deliver to Uk maybe try Parcel motel?

They have it on amazon.co.uk albeit slightly more expensive.
    Tempted to get it..

Sorry should have said, original link was to amazon.com, won't deliver to Ireland or UK.
    Had a look on amazon.co.uk and its there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi Guys,

I'm waiting for an invite for the OPO which I hope to get in the next two weeks as my Note 2 is beginning to show it's age a little and my two year contract with VF ends soon also.

I've been reading and watching the various reviews and all seems pretty good, some annoying teething type bugs which seem to be dealt with fairly quickly via OTA updates.

As a replacement for my Note 2 I'd like to ask a few questions of you guys who already own the device if I may?
    • What Irish networks does it's 4G capability work with? (Any particularly good all you can eat calls and 4G data deals you can recommend ATM?)
    • Does it have Gorilla glass? Is a protection case needed? It seems a shame to cover the grippy stylish looking back plate unless absolutely necessary.
    • Has there been any issues with it's GPS performance e.g using Google Maps etc? - I know some lower end Chinese brand phones had GPS issues
    • Has the yellow tint screen issue which arose soon after the first batch was released been dealt with in subsequent production batches?

Appreciate any feedback I get.

Ben

are you on the invite thread? because go there if you arent ;)

dont have 4g as i am on tesco mobile but not had a problem with anything * even downloading via my data is surprisingly fast for some reason.

it has some sort of glass but I went and bought some screen protectors and a bumper case. I dont care how it looks I would rather spend 20 euro or whatever on a bumper case then worry about it having to be fixed and spending more
    glass of the titans is supposed to be good. not going to say anything about any other sp in case I am seen plugging something.

gps signal for me * ashbourne, meath, dublin, westmeat, louth and carlow hasnt been a problem. locates the satellites fairly quickly for me anyways and has yet to drop * only if the road is fairly new does it.

no yellow tint, I think that was the very first batch and even if its not its a fairly easy fix.

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm waiting for an invite for the OPO which I hope to get in the next two weeks as my Note 2 is beginning to show it's age a little and my two year contract with VF ends soon also.

I've been reading and watching the various reviews and all seems pretty good, some annoying teething type bugs which seem to be dealt with fairly quickly via OTA updates.

As a replacement for my Note 2 I'd like to ask a few questions of you guys who already own the device if I may?
    • What Irish networks does it's 4G capability work with? (Any particularly good all you can eat calls and 4G data deals you can recommend ATM?)
    • Does it have Gorilla glass? Is a protection case needed? It seems a shame to cover the grippy stylish looking back plate unless absolutely necessary.
    • Has there been any issues with it's GPS performance e.g using Google Maps etc? - I know some lower end Chinese brand phones had GPS issues
    • Has the yellow tint screen issue which arose soon after the first batch was released been dealt with in subsequent production batches?

Appreciate any feedback I get.

Ben

- Meteor and 3. Maybe Vodafone but I'm not 100% sure on that.
    - Yes Gorilla Glass 3. From reading the OPO forums it seems the back plate can wear down to become smooth if you put it in our pocket a lot. I have ordered a bumper case for mine anyway.
    - I've been using mine for a few days and had no GPS issues in the car or using it with Strava on the bike but can't say for certain.
    - No, I've had mine a week now and the yellow band is there and it's noticeable on white screens so browsing etc. I've been told that it's easy to get rid of but if you look at the OPO forums I'm not so sure. One tip I got on the OPO forum was to turn on the android buttons which come up on that area of the screen. That means you don't see the yellow band. Works for me.

SteM wrote: »
    - Meteor and 3. Maybe Vodafone but I'm not 100% sure on that.
    - Yes Gorilla Glass 3. From reading the OPO forums it seems the back plate can wear down to become smooth if you put it in our pocket a lot. I have ordered a bumper case for mine anyway.
    - I've been using mine for a few days and had no GPS issues in the car or using it with Strava on the bike but can't say for certain.
    - No, I've had mine a week now and the yellow band is there and it's noticeable on white screens so browsing etc. I've been told that it's easy to get rid of but if you look at the OPO forums I'm not so sure. One tip I got on the OPO forum was to turn on the android buttons which come up on that area of the screen. That means you don't see the yellow band. Works for me.

Thanks for the reply SteM, appreciate it.

One questions ref using it for Strava. How do you use it on the bike? Do you have a clip on water proof pouch like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ibera-Waterproof-Smartphone-StemClamp-Screens/dp/B00JMKSMT0/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409143494&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=Ibera+IB-PB16+Waterproof+Smartphone+Case on the handlebars or do you just keep it in a rear pocket of your jersey?

Ben

• Advertisement

I dont care how it looks I would rather spend 20 euro or whatever on a bumper case then worry about it having to be fixed and spending more glass of the titans is supposed to be good. not going to say anything about any other sp in case I am seen plugging something.

Indeed I saw the earlier post ref selling the cases. I've always had a case on my phones so will probably go with one for the very reasons you mentioned. Please PM me details of your product. I've never been able to apply a screen protector in my life. I have major DIY/dexterity issues it seems!!

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply SteM, appreciate it.

One questions ref using it for Strava. How do you use it on the bike? Do you have a clip on water proof pouch like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ibera-Waterproof-Smartphone-StemClamp-Screens/dp/B00JMKSMT0/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409143494&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=Ibera+IB-PB16+Waterproof+Smartphone+Case on the handlebars or do you just keep it in a rear pocket of your jersey?

Ben

No, I wouldn't stick my smartphone on to my handlebars to be honest. I'd be afraid of it coming off.

Just keep in my pocket or in my backpack and check the route recording when I get to work. It's only a 14km commute so it's unlikely to get wet.

Edit:If you're thinking of using it with Strava I'd recommend this app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onetapstrava

It puts a 'one touch' recording button on your home screen, that way you don't have to bother going into the Strava app to start recording. You just just the button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

I got this cover. Cheap and cheerful
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1986918976.html
    Fits really well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

gar wrote: »
    I got this cover. Cheap and cheerful
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1986918976.html
    Fits really well

Don't look far off the orzly one I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

So... I have a chinese OnePlus One with Color OS and so far every attempt at installing the cyanogenmod rom has failed. Has anyone 'round these parts successfully flashed cyanogen

Am I missing something really stupid... it wont flash from recovery at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement