Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmm... I dunno now. I was planning to get a Note 4, but this does look tempting (mainly for the vanilla and latest ongoing updates to the OS)

But.. I think it's probably too big. I have a Lumia 1320 for work and while it's great for email, video etc it's just too physically unwieldy. Currently have a Note 3 for personal use as well and it's just about perfect - if anything the bezels are just a tad too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 russell69

dulpit wrote: »
    I went from an M7 to iPhone 6 plus. I sold the 6plus within a week, as I was able to sell it to CEX for a €500 + profit, my plan was to wait until stock was available on apple website before re-buying (all in all I would have saved €150), but then I started reading about the nexus 6.

I've always used Android (apart from my 1 week with the iPhone) and I much prefer a bigger phone (after only spending the few days with the iPhone my One feels tiny), and the nexus 6 is sick looking. #want.

Just wondering how soon after release it'll make it's way to Ireland - were we at top of queue for the nexus 5?

Not a hope did you see that for a 500 + profit like no store Wud do that if there interested in makeing money am sorry but am calling bull on that post a some form of proof coz u just sound like a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah the unwieldy-factor scares me a little. I'm thinking of getting it just because it's handy for watching movies on while commuting, but I'm thinking I might as well get a tablet at some point and stick to a much handier S5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

russell69 wrote: »
    Not a hope did you see that for a 500 + profit like no store Wud do that if there interested in makeing money am sorry but am calling bull on that post a some form of proof coz u just sound like a fool

I see Cex offer 838€ for a unlocked 16gb 6 plus at the minute. So I assume they offered more the week it came out.
    If he bought it in the States he could have made close to that profit.

And I think next time before you call bull on someone's story you should improve your spelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

All Google translate could tell me was "English Detected"
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

The new moto x seems a nice alternative to the nexus 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭thomasj

mondeo wrote: »

The battery on the moto x+1 is only 2200mah and the review from gsmarena For battery life is not the greatest, around 7-7.5 hours for web browsing and video playback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

mondeo wrote: »

Just designed a nice one for myself on Moto Maker. Shame I can't afford it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks like it'll be 3/4 weeks maybe even longer before it's available to buy in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hello Mr. 3 post, thanks for taking the time to call me a fool. I made a post about this when I sold the phone: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057300869, feel free to read. I mentioned in that thread that I was going to re-buy a phone, but haven't yet.

WRT the Nexus 6 - I've still not been able to find any sort of confirmation of when it will be on sale in Ireland - anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hello Mr. 3 post, thanks for taking the time to call me a fool. I made a post about this when I sold the phone: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057300869, feel free to read. I mentioned in that thread that I was going to re-buy a phone, but haven't yet.

WRT the Nexus 6 - I've still not been able to find any sort of confirmation of when it will be on sale in Ireland - anyone know?

Unfortunately not, from anything ive heard Google Play will be in only source for it. Networks here dont seem to have struck any deal to get it. Equally Google seems adamant on getting the states google play all wrapped up first. so additional countries may even be into the new year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

listermint wrote: »
    so additional countries may even be into the new year :(
    Balls.

Although with me getting married soon and Christmas coming, the future Mrs. Dulpit might be happier if I waited.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

Balls.

Although with me getting married soon and Christmas coming, the future Mrs. Dulpit might be happier if I waited.. :pac:

Maybe hint at others looking to get you a nice wedding present :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

robo wrote: »
    Maybe hint at others looking to get you a nice wedding present :P

Watch them get him an iPhone 5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Pricing for the Nexus 6 is $649 for the 32GB version and $699 for the 64GB version in the US. If the Nexus 9 is $399 in the US and €399 in Ireland, then logically we can expect the Nexus 6 to be €649/€699.

Will anyone be buying one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

would love to but unfortunately not at that price, one plus one if i can get one id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Not at that price Francie!

I'd have to sell my N5 and my left testicle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

OnePlus One is gonna take so much from the Nexus market me included, very disappointed at the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Strange move about the pricing being so high. They will lose an awful lot of business from Nexus 4 and 5 owners who probably would have upgraded. Even if the price was lower, it's just too big for my Jeremy Beadle sized hands.

• Advertisement

Is this Moto X+1 the 5.2" version of the N6? (Essentially)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Is this Moto X+1 the 5.2" version of the N6? (Essentially)

Wow, didn't realise the new Moto X ran pure Android.

I may have found my alternative to the Nexus 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

munkee wrote:
    Wow, didn't realise the new Moto X ran pure Android.

Well it's not pure Android there are moto customizations similar to the original Moto X and Moto G. But it's still very close to "pure" and will probably get Lollipop in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This would be my ideal phone if only I could get my hands on it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

This would be my ideal phone if only I could get my hands on it.

I like the red one, but I'm just not feeling the capacitive buttons.
    They make it look out of date already because even when it gets Lollipop it is gonna be stuck with Android 4.x looking buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Am I the only one not getting the Samsung Note 4 (because of Knox) and looking at the Nexus 6 instead

beno619 wrote: »
    Well it's not pure Android there are moto customizations similar to the original Moto X and Moto G. But it's still very close to "pure" and will probably get Lollipop in November.

According to reviews, it is pure Android, with extra Motorola apps, rather than a modified OS. That's why it can get Android 5.0 so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

bogman wrote: »
    Am I the only one not getting the Samsung Note 4 (because of Knox) and looking at the Nexus 6 instead

Not sure too many are getting the Note 4, an extra 100 euros and still running touchwiz. Possibly through carriers most likely.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Friend in States for two weeks from Monday...if I order on us play store do you reckon phone would be delivered within two weeks...launch is 27th ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Zipppy wrote: »
    Friend in States for two weeks from Monday...if I order on us play store do you reckon phone would be delivered within two weeks...launch is 27th ???
    Don't even go there unless you want to forfeit the ability to pick up 4G LTE over here.

Check the bands in the specs. They're different in Amerika:
    http://www.google.ie/nexus/6/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Don't even go there unless you want to forfeit the ability to pick up 4G LTE over here.

It's not so big a deal, I've a USA nexus 5, works fine here on 3G. 4G requires a new contract while most of us just look for the cheapest package we can find, I'm with 48 myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hi there,

This isn't related to the Nexus 6 itself but I need help and I'd hope someone could help me.

Updated my Nexus 7 to the final Developer Preview of Lollipop and now one of the apps for my school book no longer works, it says it isn't compatible and I can't download it.

I am wondering could some kind person download the app and use another app to extract the .apk, upload it and share it with me?

Desperate here.

Thanks in advance and apologies to the mods.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edcolearning&hl=en

Hi there,

This isn't related to the Nexus 6 itself but I need help and I'd hope someone could help me.

Updated my Nexus 7 to the final Developer Preview of Lollipop and now one of the apps for my school book no longer works, it says it isn't compatible and I can't download it.

I am wondering could some kind person download the app and use another app to extract the .apk, upload it and share it with me?

Desperate here.

Thanks in advance and apologies to the mods.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edcolearning&hl=en

If you can flash the dev preview, you can easily re-flash the stock ROM. That's the easiest way to solve your problem.

munkee wrote: »
    If you can flash the dev preview, you can easily re-flash the stock ROM. That's the easiest way to solve your problem.

The only thing I need is the .apk which I'm sure will work fine as it's just a basicreading app.

I don't want to lose Lollipop but I obviously need the app so I'm hoping someone here could share it with me.

Alan, could you contact the devs through the play store or maybe through their site and ask them nicely for the apk? :)

Alan, could you contact the devs through the play store or maybe through their site and ask them nicely for the apk? :)

Yeah I have, its just I actually have a test in this subject later on today so it'd be great if I could get it sooner!

DECEiFER wrote: »

Yes very interested to know will the Bands work in Europe for a US purchased Nexus 6.

That is the only thing holding me back. Anyone know were it would be possible to get clarification or is it to early for this information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes very interested to know will the Bands work in Europe for a US purchased Nexus 6.

That is the only thing holding me back. Anyone know were it would be possible to get clarification or is it to early for this information

The bands are up on the Nexus 6 web page under the specs:
    Channels
    North America:
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    CDMA Band Class: 0/1/10
    WCDMA Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
    LTE Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41
    CA DL Bands: B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29

Rest of World:
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    CDMA: not supported
    WCDMA Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/9/19
    LTE Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/9/19/20/28/41 CA DL: B3-B5, B3-B8

Irelands bands are

3 (1800MHz), 9 (900MHz), and 20 (800MHz)

So GSM is fine, as i know. But 4G appears to share 5 and 7.

But how will that pan out in Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

So GSM is fine, as i know. But 4G appears to share 5 and 7.

But how will that pan out in Ireland ?

3, 5 and 7 are shared but Ireland uses bands 3, 9 and 20 so I'm thinking you might need to check which operator uses band 3 and how the coverage on that band is as it looks like its the only one that will work here.

So it appears 3 (1800MHz), 9 (900MHz), and 20 (800MHz) is what ireland use. Meteor uses 3 + 20

So more than likely require the rest of world one.

Yeah I have, its just I actually have a test in this subject later on today so it'd be great if I could get it sooner!

Sorry man, I tried looking around the web for an apk, which I'm sure you did yourself, but had no luck! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Sorry app is not compatible with my OnePlus one. I think what you want is for someone to install it and then extractor the apk with an apk extractor app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Your clarification was in the post you quoted by way of a link to the Nexus 6 product page with all the specs and bands for each regional model, as you've seen Atomic Pineapple quote above. :)
    The only thing I need is the .apk which I'm sure will work fine as it's just a basicreading app.

I don't want to lose Lollipop but I obviously need the app so I'm hoping someone here could share it with me.
    No can do, the app isn't compatible with my Nexus 4 any more than it is for the OnePlus One, so I'm going to presume it's a tablet-only app.

• Advertisement

I heard similar about the N4 and N5, which were both available quickly.

Can't see why this phone should be any different.

Sorry man, I tried looking around the web for an apk, which I'm sure you did yourself, but had no luck! :(

I managed to get one of my friends to make a backup of the app and send it to me, in exchange for MineCraft PE :pac:

Thanks for trying though! :)

Demand won't be anywhere near as high so not a lot pressure to rush release to international markets. Also since they are making two different versions for America and everywhere else you can't assume they will be released at the same time ala Nexus 4 (See below) & Nexus 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nexus 4 available quickly!? Ha, they were impossible to get until around late February 2013!(Announced late Oct early Nov 2012) Even then you had to order from English play store using a proxy, parcel motel and for some people changing the address to the parcel motel Northern Ireland one.

I managed to get one of my friends to make a backup of the app and send it to me, in exchange for MineCraft PE :pac:

Thanks for trying though! :)

Ah, glad you got sorted! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement