Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

65535 wrote: »
    Bring it in to a street shop - get a quote there - lots of small phone shops now

Yeah friend of mine broke his 1+1 screen recently and it only cost him 80 euro for replacement in a phone repair shop. Think it was on Aungier st in Dublin, there is a few places there I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

how did you break the screen? I had a case but have not used it recently, I am just careful with it. It looks much better without a case and gets quite a few looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Update on my Lollipop experience: over the weekend I butted heads with what turns out to be a known Lollipop Wifi bug: keeps dropping at home, but seems fine at work. I finally tracked it down this morning, and there is a workaround until Google releases an actual fix. Seems that Lollipop has trouble picking up wifi channels greater than 11, and many new routers (including mine) default to 13 channels. I had to go into the router settings and decrease my channels (I set mine to 10), and viola!

This is where I found the fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/android-5-lollipop-wifi-bug-fix-t2938592

Unfortunately this only applies to 2.4ghz channels. No fix or workaround for 5ghz yet...
    I was enjoying my Note's ability to use the 5ghz wifi, but at least I have stable 2.4ghz once again, so I'm okay with that for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

just flashed the german lollipop release, i cant see an option to set up multiple users as lollipop should have, anybody else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Is this actually worth the Upgrade from the Note 3?

I have the option to get it today on an upgrade, currently have a Note 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Is this actually worth the Upgrade from the Note 3?

I have the option to get it today on an upgrade, currently have a Note 3.

Depends on what you value in terms of features, the condition of your Note 3, and if a new contract is going to come into effect.

Personally I think it is worth it, but it's down to what you value v what you will pay for it. Note 3 is still a good phone.

8-10 wrote: »
    Depends on what you value in terms of features, the condition of your Note 3, and if a new contract is going to come into effect.

Personally I think it is worth it, but it's down to what you value v what you will pay for it. Note 3 is still a good phone.

Im with 3 at the minute and finding the service limiting the ability of the phone.

Got my note last Feb, it has not left the Otterbox since so its in the same condition as when I bought it.

I want to change to Vodafone because of the benefits of a better signal for the phone and the note is there available for €129.99

Im with 3 at the minute and finding the service limiting the ability of the phone.

Got my note last Feb, it has not left the Otterbox since so its in the same condition as when I bought it.

I want to change to Vodafone because of the benefits of a better signal for the phone and the note is there available for €129.99

Go for it then I'd say. Three should give you an unlock code for your Note 3 and you could get 250-300 for it I reckon if it's in good enough nick, you'll cover the Note 4 cost + new Otterbox easily anyway and get the superior network.

8-10 wrote: »
    Go for it then I'd say. Three should give you an unlock code for your Note 3 and you could get 250-300 for it I reckon if it's in good enough nick, you'll cover the Note 4 cost + new Otterbox easily anyway and get the superior network.

Spot on mate.

Got the Note 4 in the end and have the Note 3 up for sale which is covering the cost of the phone and the otterbox, sweet deal :D

There is a noticeable difference in phone and signal between the notes and networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

Do you know if the otterbox cover allows NFC without taking the back off - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Spot on mate.

Got the Note 4 in the end and have the Note 3 up for sale which is covering the cost of the phone and the otterbox, sweet deal :D

There is a noticeable difference in phone and signal between the notes and networks

Can you pm me the details of the Note3 you have for sale? I may just be interested :) Boards doesnt seem to have the adverts.ie username link anymore..

Dropped my stylus somewhere this morning, probably on public transport. Only realised when I got to the office. Disaster. :(

Anyone know where to get a replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

8-10 wrote:
    Dropped my stylus somewhere this morning, probably on public transport. Only realised when I got to the office. Disaster. 

Hard luck 8-10.
    I checked amazon there and they have them in stock. You'd have one over from the UK in no time.
    You know you can set an alert to go off if your pen moves outside a certain proximity of the phone. I've this activated and find it good. I know this info is no good to you know but might help with the next pen ðŸ‘

Any deals going for buying a note 4 simfree?

Anyone know cheapest place to get replacement nibs for the s-pen? I accidentally threw out my box which had the nibs in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Anyone know cheapest place to get replacement nibs for the s-pen? I accidentally threw out my box which had the nibs in it :(

You may find it cheaper elsewhere but here is a link
    http://www.tinydeal.com/touch-stylus-s-pen-for-samsung-galaxy-note-3-iii-p-127996.html

I'm presuming the pens for note 3 and note 4 are the same??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

No the pens for the 4 are different (only slightly different but still different)

Mobilefun.ie have the genuine stylus but they're 27 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Guys , has anyone here bought the phone on 3 and flashed DBT and changed the CSC to DBT.

I am having terrible problem with phone app draining battery since, if i delete APN and create new then it stops but same problem on restart, so i have feeling modems might not be compatible with that Rom and CSC.

Other hand i also have vodofone note 4 flashed to DBT lollipop, CSC is still BTU but no issue at all.

Any advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lollipop a bit buggy with extended use. Most annoying is the Contacts app / Dialer force closes every now and then, not often but when it does happen, it can keep happening until reboot, which makes making a call at that time very irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Inquitus wrote: »
    Lollipop a bit buggy with extended use. Most annoying is the Contacts app / Dialer force closes every now and then, not often but when it does happen, it can keep happening until reboot, which makes making a call at that time very irritating.

Same happening here too, Contacts randomly crashing. Hasn't affected calls though. Also have had issues a few times that when taking a video if I take some pics during the video the app will hang when I stop video and I end up losing the video. Happened twice to me so I just let it sit for a while and eventually recovered itself. Had a few total crash and reboots also but not many.

Same happening here too, Contacts randomly crashing. Hasn't affected calls though. Also have had issues a few times that when taking a video if I take some pics during the video the app will hang when I stop video and I end up losing the video. Happened twice to me so I just let it sit for a while and eventually recovered itself. Had a few total crash and reboots also but not many.

Mine is slow to wake from sleep from time to time, up to 10 secs and occasionally needs the power plugged in to jolt it into life.

Is there any sign of a vodafone update to lollipop.??

I don't mind a bit of rooting but I'd prefer not to go down that route on a brand new phone, you'd think being a flagship phone it would have it first...

Is there any sign of a vodafone update to lollipop.??

I don't mind a bit of rooting but I'd prefer not to go down that route on a brand new phone, you'd think being a flagship phone it would have it first...

You don't need to root it to flash the German Lollipop ROM as its an official release, you can just flash it over the top of your current Voda ROM using odin, keeps all settings, apps etc. intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Inquitus wrote: »
    You don't need to root it to flash the German Lollipop ROM as its an official release, you can just flash it over the top of your current Voda ROM using odin, keeps all settings, apps etc. intact.

Is there much of a effort in doing this ?.

Has there been a huge change in battery life since the update ?. Is it better or worse ?.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

Wife's Htc one m7(Vodafone) just received Lollipop update. Really pathetic from Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dean93

Can anyone link me to a safe download for odin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Dean93 wrote: »
    Can anyone link me to a safe download for odin?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBwyK4GWv1tV2FiOHBQdC1WUmc/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy

cheers :)

so i attempted to install lollipop and something went wrong, now seem to have bricked the phone.....have tried kies but it doesn't seem to connect to it...any suggestions ?

• Advertisement

so i attempted to install lollipop and something went wrong, now seem to have bricked the phone.....have tried kies but it doesn't seem to connect to it...any suggestions ?

Can you get into either recovery mode or download mode??

Power of the phone and wait for 5 seconds. To access recovery press:
    recovery is Volume up home and power.

Download mode is the same as above but instead of volume up use volume down. Is the screen completely blank??

eventually got it, wouldn't allow me to enter recovery mode but got back into download mode and reinstalled lollipop and that worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help...kinda panicked when I saw it happening because its my first time doing anything like this

eventually got it, wouldn't allow me to enter recovery mode but got back into download mode and reinstalled lollipop and that worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help...kinda panicked when I saw it happening because its my first time doing anything like this

Not to worry did the same myself, followed alot of tutorials about it and they always said use the volume up one, which screwed me over for ages, if u find it sluggish, go into recovery mode using the volume up method and choose wipe cache... from what i know (which ain't alot), it speeds it up nicely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Has anyone flashed the March build of 5.01 on sammobile? Tempted to do it but wanted to see what's different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Has anyone flashed the March build of 5.01 on sammobile? Tempted to do it but wanted to see what's different.

Did it last night. It now has a silent mode (do not disturb) which is a bit of an improvement.

Seems slightly faster In the menus, also haven't gotten any of the contacts has stopped working messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Grassey wrote: »
    Did it last night. It now has a silent mode (do not disturb) which is a bit of an improvement.

Seems slightly faster In the menus, also haven't gotten any of the contacts has stopped working messages.

Just went with the update there and did a benchmark. I attached a picture seems like it got a good boost since the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

On the same update, seems to be snappier alright.
    Worth the update for sure.

On the same update, seems to be snappier alright.
    Worth the update for sure.

Is there an Irish version out yet??? I know they are probably gonna be the same... but i keep getting debug errors on eclipse which i wasn't getting before..

dpjmie wrote: »
    Is there an Irish version out yet??? I know they are probably gonna be the same... but i keep getting debug errors on eclipse which i wasn't getting before..

No just the German and latest March one as far as I know. Maybe a wipe and update?

No just the German and latest March one as far as I know. Maybe a wipe and update?

I will try that later when i have more time, cheers ;)
    dpjmie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 rcdunne1

Which version of 5.0.1 did people download? Cyprus, Romania or Unknown?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Tempted by this. Whats battery life like? Also camera is it good and how is it in low light?

Mourinho wrote: »
    Tempted by this. Whats battery life like? Also camera is it good and how is it in low light?

Battery for me isn't great, can't seem to do any better than 3 hrs usage(Screen on time) despite trying loads of stuff. Some people will tell they get 5hrs+ usage though so that's just my experience. Think I was spoiled by my Lumia 1520 I had previously though, it regularly tops lists of best battery life. Camera is pretty good all round and decent in low light. It is very poor at capturing anything that is moving even when using sports mode. If you are planning on taking pics of your kids like I was then forget about it, just turns out as blurry mess if there is even the slightest movement. I think a lot of phone cameras are like this though in fairness

rcdunne1 wrote: »
    Which version of 5.0.1 did people download? Cyprus, Romania or Unknown?

Thanks

Unknown here.
    N910FXXU1BOC3

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I'm on the unknown too.
    Just found the stress app works in S health.....It says I'm stressed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Anyone here had German DBT lollipop first and now latest March build?

If yes, is there much diff apart from DND mode back? worth the upgrade?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I wish i had seen this post earlier. Does anybody know when the irish carriers will get the Lollipop update?

I wish i had seen this post earlier. Does anybody know when the irish carriers will get the Lollipop update?

For a flagship phone like this, it should've been out long ago. At this rate the note 5 will be out before we get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

does anyone have a note 4 purchased on 02 network im buying one second hand just want to know if it has any branding like 02 splash screen on power up ?

• Advertisement

Has anyone put Cyanogen on their Note 4? Just spent a couple of minutes using a note 4 which had it and it was amazing, looked and felt so much more smooth than stock

Advertisement