Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So has this been confirmed anywhere apart from unreliable tweets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Duncan Jenkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mayordenis wrote: »
    You soothsayer, you.

Pretty much. Most other people were saying they hope something is sorted out before the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Jenkins hedged his bets somewhat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

So has this been confirmed anywhere apart from unreliable tweets?

nope

although Duncan Jenkins is pretty reliable as ITK merchants go

He did also add the disclaimer that the only other option could be Louis Van Gaal, and that his source never got back to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

opr wrote: »
    duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
    okay my source has not got back to me. the person i was told is the new D.O.F of #lfc is txixi berigistain. only other possibility is L.V.G

This is great work by FSG if true!
    Txiki did his first public interview in ages with Ballague on Revista a few weeks ago and afterwards Guilliem let it be known that Abramovich was sniffing around trying to get him to come to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

G.K. wrote: »
    Jen Chang ‏@JenChang88

I'm very curious to see what Roberto Martinez could do with better players and a much higher quality lineup.

This tweet was on April 16.

Cant dispute his knowledge of players but he is taking Ian Cotton's job no?.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Cant dispute his knowledge of players but he is taking Ian Cotton's job no?.

Alledgedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
    Txiki Beguiristain has not been approached by LFC. But I am pretty sure he has other offers.

It's true so?

Sick of this twitter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I've been following the thread since before Christmas. Not a Liverpool fan, and I thought Dalglish should go, based on results. If this thing with Txiki is true, then that's an excellent step forward for Liverpool, and to me at least, indicates FSG know that they're in a serious battle. They've already paid off 200 million of the clubs debts, they're allowing reinvestment. I think they deserve to have a little breathing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

djPSB wrote: »
    Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins
    Kenny Dalglish is supposed to have refused compensation after being sacked, telling FSG to put the money towards transfers.

Apparently Kenny is dumb for doing that and also a greedy fecker if he takes compensation.

Place has gone schizo!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

tibor wrote: »
    This is great work by FSG if true!
    Txiki did his first public interview in ages with Ballague on Revista a few weeks ago and afterwards Guilliem let it be known that Abramovich was sniffing around trying to get him to come to Chelsea.

Guilliem the party pooper.
    @GuillemBalague
    Follow
    Txiki Beguiristain has not been approached by LFC. But I am pretty sure he has other offers.

http://bit.ly/MoT9uS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

:(

@GuillemBalague: Txiki Beguiristain has not been approached by LFC. But I am pretty sure he has other offers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Let's all settle down and watch this for the next hour

Remember watching it at the time and remembering back as a Barcelona fan during that season and defeats to start with.

Fascinating insight into breaking apart the old grandeur of the club, taking out the VIP hospitality rooms, sending players on loans and either renegotiating stupid contracts with the likes of Rochemback and Saviola and Kluivert or shifting them out of the club. A root and branch restructure of the club from top to bottom. There were some heavy defeats in the first few months though.....

Yet I can't remember why he left..whether he fell out with Laporta, fell with Laporta when his term was up or fell out with Rosell.

Would his name become the new 'the Greek'? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He knows nothing that fella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

K-9 wrote: »
    Apparently Kenny is dumb for doing that and also a greedy fecker if he takes compensation.

Place has gone schizo!

Its crazy! All these posters having different opinions. Absolute lunacy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Leiva wrote: »

@GuillemBalague: Txiki Beguiristain has not been approached by LFC. But I am pretty sure he has other offers.

hcaW4.gif

In that case he is definately coming.

Only a couple of days ago Balague was adamant Kenny was staying, his sources told him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

djPSB wrote: »
    Wouldn't be totally off the wall for Guardiola to be interested now.

Christ, astonishing levels of delusion displayed in the above post.

The man has just left one of the greatest team of all time because he was stressed out and needed a break. He isn't going to move to a new country to manage an 8th place side a week later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hes nailed on so....

Someone fetch Opr some valium.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Honestly I just can't put any stock in Ballague rumours he's just so full of it.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Honestly I just can't put any stock in Ballague rumours he's just so full of it.

He hasn't got a clue, how anyone puts any stock in what he says is beyond me

some people are on the inside, some are just outside looking in

He is half way down the country with his binoculars out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

daliglish-sterling-28-mar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

markie29 wrote: »
    anyone want a beer...its been another long day of rumours for LFC!! im tired of this already :(
    I'm enjoying one of these bad boys

spm_a1004-fhw-bottle.jpg

• Advertisement

In fairness I'd side with Ballague on this one over random blogger Duncan Jenkins(who?) who is already hedging his bets "hope its not wrong mates, not my usual source". Guillem has close contact with the man and convinced him to do his first interview in ages on Revista recently.

Guillem said at the time that Txiki had recently had contact with Chelsea, so I guess that's the other offer he's talking about.

In fairness I'd side with Ballague on this one over random blogger Duncan Jenkins(who?) who is already hedging his bets "hope its not wrong mates, not my usual source". Guillem has close contact with the man and convinced him to do his first interview in ages on Revista recently.

Guillem said at the time that Txiki had recently had contact with Chelsea, so I guess that's the other offer he's talking about.

He's not just a random blogger at this stage.
    He's got a fair bit right before

The people making the documentary behind the scenes must be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Guillem Balague on 12th May:

"Lfc owners have decided to keep Dalglish. But they are looking for a DoF. Will someone like Txiki Beguiristain work with KD? Intriguing"

I think it's fair to say he doesn't know what he's talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

First things first, how do you pronounce his name?

Cheeky Big-air-is-tine, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Is it true Kenny said no to the compensation he would have been due, saying to put it towards player transfers. :eek: what a man, anyone else would have took every penny due to them.

"Lfc owners have decided to keep Dalglish. But they are looking for a DoF. Will someone like Txiki Beguiristain work with KD? Intriguing"

you couldn't make it up

He is like the king of the wannabe ITK's (who get a kick out of pretending to know something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

amiable wrote: »

the 1st one to tweet about kenny leaving and has had pretty much every team sheet right before enyone else

I wrecken he is jay spearings dad and Ian ayers lovechild all in one but whoever he is he has a serious contact within the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

I think it's fair to say he doesn't know what he's talking about

Was just about to post that, 2 days before Kenny gets the bullet, whileat the same time, other ITKs were saying he got the bullet!!

I follow him for the LOLs

PFL wrote: »
    Is it true Kenny said no to the compensation he would have been due, saying to put it towards player transfers. :eek: what a man, anyone else would have took every penny due to them.

sounds like an urban legend to me

something that will be spun as fact in the years to come

amiable wrote: »

Genuinely haven't heard of him before now.

Not that I want to go down the road of defending Ballbag's past predictions, but he wasn't the only one saying that. Have seen a few journos suggest there were some conditions attached to Kenny continuing that he wouldn't accept.

Anyhow, this should be a fairly cut and dry issue to see who's full of ****! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I suppose the thing with ITK's is that although it's possible to check every thing they say after the fact to see if they were accurate, most people on the internet are too lazy to do that so it's harder than it should be to spot the spoofers.

Genuinely haven't heard of him before now.

He's worth a follow. Can be quite funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Bloody hell, over ten long pages in one day! LFC, hey?? No way am i reading back through all that rumour and intrigue. I've had it all day in work.

In terms of who i want in, it's Rafa all the way. I know it won't happen, but that would be my choice! After that, it would be Klopp!!

But being realistic, in terms of all the second tier managers that have been mentioned, my choice would be ABV. He was shafted at Chelsea, i felt. There was no point appointing someone like that just to sack him after seven months. It's long term or nothing with somebody like him!

As for Martinez, he's only news because it's been officially announced. And it's been announced by Dave Whelan of whom we needed his permission. We'll be talking to other managers as well it seems, managers who we won't have to tell the media we're talking to so the Martinez talks are not that relevant as such. It's not like he's the outstanding candidate right now.

I have a lot of time for Martinez, he seems a decent manager who could do really good things in management. But i fear he could be out of his depth at Liverpool. His stint at Wigan has been overhyped, i feel. Yes, he's kept them up. But if he was as good as the hype suggests, should this not have been the season where he took Wigan away from any sort of relegation battle and somewhere close to what the likes of West Brom, Norwich and Swansea have done this year??

In saying that, you see clubs on the continent give young managers a chance all the time, managers who go on to be wanted by the top English clubs.

As i said, in realistic terms of who we could get, if it's not to be Rafa which i doubt it will be, my choice would be AVB. And once appointed, give him more than one bloody season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

i wish we could go back to the days of no twitter in this world and we had to rely on Ceefax or Aertel for transfer news/activity....the amount of crap on twitter is unbelievable!!

Balague is a gas man, ie full of hot air. Occasionally, he stumbles on something.

I stopped following him this long ago.

"Albert Riera is not a target of Rafa Benitez, he is a smokescreen for another target".

7 days later Riera signs and blog entry deleted.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, over ten long pages in one day! LFC, hey?? No way am i reading back through all that rumour and intrigue. I've had it all day in work.

My suggestion for a midday and 6pm update post should have been taken up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Balague is a gas man, ie full of hot air. Occasionally, he stumbles on something.

"Albert Riera is not a target of Rafa Benitez, he is a smokescreen for another target".

He posted this yesterday:

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague About Rafa. There is no news whatsoever to tell. Nothing has changed with him in regards to Liverpool in the last weeks. Nothing to report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

PFL wrote: »

This is the first i've heard of this, but quite frankly, i wouldn't be surprised. Compensation hasn't been mentioned in the press as far as i've heard but i have actually thought he would do that, as i said, i just haven't heard if has or not.

Even reading his comments in the Liverpool Echo about getting behind the owners and supporting the club! All he's ever done has been for the good of the club. He's someone you can put your absolute trust in that he'll always have the good of the club at heart, it's not even a debate.

He is, was and always will be an absolute legend and nothing can ever change that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Balague used to be genuinely close to Bentiez when he first moved to England and has a real insight to what was going on at Anfield at the time but now he's just a spoofed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

He's an absolute bullshítter.

He was on Revista de la Liga some years ago (the summer Torres signed for Liverpool) saying how he had spoken to Torres, he had seen his house in Manchester that he was buying and that he was going to be a Manchester United player. A month later and he's playing for you lot.

Numerous other craptacular predictions on his website appeared later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Laika1986 wrote: »

A lot of those transfers didnt work out for big outlas:

Henr
    Milito
    Caceras
    Hleb

He posted this yesterday:

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague About Rafa. There is no news whatsoever to tell. Nothing has changed with him in regards to Liverpool in the last weeks. Nothing to report

There seems to be a growing opinion that Rafa will simply not work under a DOF, ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Just seen this on .tv,make of it what you will
    LucyChambersLFC
    Anfield is turning into a studio this evening for a rather exciting photoshoot!
    http://twitter.com/#!/LucyChambersLFC/status/203210086674477057/photo/1/large

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement