Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ceira Lambert hair extensions

• 27-01-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a price or any info about this lady doing extensions? I'm newly engaged and want to get these for my fiancee for valentines day as she's been going on and on about them. If they're mega pricey though i have other gift ideas. If anyone has price info or info about what type of extensions she does that would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AisMano

Here's a link to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CeiraLambert?sk=info

They need to know more about the hair before giving a price like how long or thick you want the extensions to be. Have never got them myself (yet ;)) but know people who have and were delighted with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

Thanks. Herself sent a msg before but didn't get replied to. Her hair is middling length to me, but she says short. Its just passed shoulder length when straight. Its curly but when she straightens it, its thin enough, like the ponytail would be the thickness of my thumb, does that make sense? She's looking for 'fullness' (don't know the actual term) and length. And doesn't know about the different options for types of hair extensions but wants some that won't damage her own hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I hate places that won't give out prices. Really annoying! I bet most extensions they do are around the same price but they just want to do the thing over the phone to hook you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jennii

Hi, just wondering if you got a price for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

Jennii wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you got a price for these?
    I just got mine done last week with her paid 850 for 17" my hair is quite long anyway it was more for thickness.. Prices start at 750 and go up to 1200!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I went to Ciera for a consultation and she was lovely! Really helpful and picked my colour with me. She said a full head of 17 inch would be 950 and if i wanted longer it would be about 1200.

I was all set to book and then over the weekend I discovered easilocks. Just through google. Went for a consultation there too. I got quoted 450 for a full head (up to 20 inches) and they also promised not to damage your hair which was my main concern. Also you can reuse the easilocks hair.

So I booked in with easilocks (ebano on store street). Got them done yesterday and I love them!

Obviously I would have loved the Great Lengths ones too but if you are not up for spending that much defo check out easilocks!

(I'm not related to the business in any way, just a happy customer who came across them on google at just the right time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lola.bella

Hi

I use hotloxshair, loads on the net, she has a website/facebook etc..

I would have the hair thinness as your gf, I get a half head and its 220e.

I love them and she is super nice, pm me if you need any other info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bellexxx

Hi Siobhanoh, i really want hair extensions and am researching them for the last few weeks and i want to get ones that i wont be dissapointed with.

I too went to Ceira Lambert for a consultation and was strongly thinking about getting them there. its just the pricetag thats holding me back. :(

Just wondering how are you getting on with your hair from easilocks? i gave them a call today and am going to book a consultation. Is the hair of good quality and can you tie it up without the bonds being too noticable? in your opinion, are they worth the money you paid?

sorry for all the questions, just want to get someones opinion that alreay has easilocks! any info would be great. :)

Bellexxx wrote: »
    Just wondering how are you getting on with your hair from easilocks? i gave them a call today and am going to book a consultation. Is the hair of good quality and can you tie it up without the bonds being too noticable? in your opinion, are they worth the money you paid?

sorry for all the questions, just want to get someones opinion that alreay has easilocks! any info would be great. :)

I've had them done four times. Get about 4 - 4.5 months out of each set, but my hair grows slowly. You can see the joins sometimes if you do half up half down styles but not when all tied up.

Hair is of excellent quality, colour matches perfectly and no noticeable difference between where my hair ends and it begins. My hair is only about 2 - 3 inches shorter than the extensions though so it's easier to look natural.

I think they are worth the money. It does mean it takes longer to dry your hair and you have to be careful when brushing and brush more often.

Some will fall out, particularly in the 4th month but the effect is still good even when a lot have fallen out. I try to get as long as possible out of them so leave them in past the official 3 months.

No damage to to my own hair that I have seen.

I got them done in Ebano Ballinteer with James who I highly recommend!

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I've had them in nearly 3 weeks and so far so good! I used to wash my hair every day but they take longer to dry so i am trying to leave it to every second day but after the first day i put a french plait in them and the next day they look great! Bit of dry shampoo if my own hair looks a bit greasy.

Shane in ebano in store street did mine and he was saying they will last longer than three months but to prevent damage to my own hair he said to get them redone after 3 months and it only costs 300 then if you are using the same hair.

My verdict is to get them! You'll love them!

• Advertisement

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I've had them in nearly 3 weeks and so far so good! I used to wash my hair every day but they take longer to dry so i am trying to leave it to every second day but after the first day i put a french plait in them and the next day they look great! Bit of dry shampoo if my own hair looks a bit greasy.

Shane in ebano in store street did mine and he was saying they will last longer than three months but to prevent damage to my own hair he said to get them redone after 3 months and it only costs 300 then if you are using the same hair.

Thank you both for the replies. So good to get opinions off people that have already got them done. ye gave me that little reassurance I needed and iv booked into ebano and am getting them done in two Weeks. :)
    The only thing Is Shane isn't available to do them that day so his sister is going doing them instead. Hope sure as good as he is!

Thank you both for the replies. So good to get opinions off people that have already got them done. ye gave me that little reassurance I needed and iv booked into ebano and am getting them done in two Weeks. :)
    The only thing Is Shane isn't available to do them that day so his sister is going doing them instead. Hope she is as good as he is!

Thank you both for the replies. So good to get opinions off people that have already got them done. ye gave me that little reassurance I needed and iv booked into ebano and am getting them done in two Weeks. :)
    The only thing Is Shane isn't available to do them that day so his sister is going doing them instead. Hope she is as good as he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

So tempted!! I got the clip in ones in Hairspray and they look amazing. but they do feel weird when they're on and there's always the fear of someone seeing the clips!

I'd be so tempted to get the 3 months ones. Thanks for the info!

CBFi wrote: »
    So tempted!! I got the clip in ones in Hairspray and they look amazing. but they do feel weird when they're on and there's always the fear of someone seeing the clip
    I'd be so tempted to get the 3 months ones. Thanks for the info!

I'm getting mine done next week CBFi so I'll let ya know how it goes. Can wait to have long hair! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I'm also looking out for hair extensions, sent about 3 or 4 messages to ceira and never received a reply. So i'm not impressed at all especially for the prices charged. I had micro rings before and loved them, once with remy hair and once with spanish hair. The remi hair wasn't as good. Would love to find a place that can do them with spanish hair that won't damage my own but for a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mfarr3ll

I sent ciera several messages through facebook and twitter and never got a reply either, to be honest i dunno how she makes the rent having to do all the models for free advertisment pity as i wanted them for my wedding in July.

Going to get a girl from hairspray to do them for me, she did mine a few months back and i had no complaints

Mfarr3ll wrote: »
    I sent ciera several messages through facebook and twitter and never got a reply either, to be honest i dunno how she makes the rent having to do all the models for free advertisment pity as i wanted them for my wedding in July.

Going to get a girl from hairspray to do them for me, she did mine a few months back and i had no complaints

Iv heard of numerous people that have contacted her looking for prices and they never heard anything back. Not a great way of doing business.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mfarr3ll

true that :)
    Im actually going with Shane in Ebano also, had my consultation yesterday and they all seem lovely down there. Booked in for 13th July im super excited:D

Mfarr3ll wrote: »
    true that :)
    Im actually going with Shane in Ebano also, had my consultation yesterday and they all seem lovely down there. Booked in for 13th July im super excited:D

You will love them. :) Shane is such a nice guy and really talented at what he does. Iv had mine in almost two months now and have had no problems with them. :)

You will love them. :) Shane is such a nice guy and really talented at what he does. Iv had mine in almost two months now and have had no problems with them. :)

I found this on a blog http://www.joannelarby.com/2012/05/hair-flair-easilocks-hair-extensions.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mkx

I'm going for a consultation in Ebano for Easilocks extensions on the 9th, cannot wait to try them, i've just seen and heard so many good things about them! i'll let you guys know what i think of them.. how's everyone else getting on with them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lola.bella

Hi

I currently have the pre bonded kind and would love to try Ebano just waiting for the new year to save the €450! I understand that its €150 ever 3/4 months afterwards as you re use the hair.. just wondering how long you get out of the hair as I dont think I could afford to carry on paying €450 every few months..

I am currently paying €260.00 for removal and re application of the pre bonds every 3/4 months.

Tks!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

What's the difference between the easilocks/great lengths and microbeads extensions? I know the microbeads don't damage your hair or use any glue or heat to attach but they are visible sometimes so wondering if the other types would be better?

Just went for a consult in Ebano on store street for Easilocks! Niamh did my consult, lively girl! Anna is doing my extensions next Thursday. 450 for extensions including cut & style. 500 if you want Shane. Then every 3 months it's just 300 for touch ups. Will post and let you know how I get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

mkx wrote: »
    Just went for a consult in Ebano on store street for Easilocks! Niamh did my consult, lively girl! Anna is doing my extensions next Thursday. 450 for extensions including cut & style. 500 if you want Shane. Then every 3 months it's just 300 for touch ups. Will post and let you know how I get on :)

Just 300 for touch ups??

What a bargain :rolleyes:

Hey, well it's 300 as opposed to paying 450 for a new set every 3 months like you have to with most other hair extension brands.. :)

Hey, well it's 300 as opposed to paying 450 for a new set every 3 months like you have to with most other hair extension brands.. :)

I pay 225 for them to be initially done and then 100 for touch ups.

What extensions do you have? :)

Micro bead.

• Advertisement

I pay 225 for them to be initially done and then 100 for touch ups.

Cheap extensions can look terrible but that is great if you have found someone cheap who does them well! I do get 5 months out of mine which reduces the average cost too, although I mainly think it's as my hair grows slowly.

I mean what brand? hotlox, hairspray etc... ? :)

Pythia wrote: »

Cheap extensions can look terrible but that is great if you have found someone cheap who does them well! I do get 5 months out of mine which reduces the average cost too, although I mainly think it's as my hair grows slowly.

Yeah I'd love to know what brand.. Ive seen hotlox and lucious lox after a while and they look nasty.
    So excited to get easilocks!
    @ Pythia, do you wear extensions? :)

Yeah I'd love to know what brand.. Ive seen hotlox and lucious lox after a while and they look nasty.
    So excited to get easilocks!
    @ Pythia, do you wear extensions? :)

I have easilocks from Ebano but the Ballinteer branch instead.

Pythia wrote: »

I have easilocks from Ebano but the Ballinteer branch instead.

Oh cool! You finding them good? When did you start getting them? :)

Oh cool! You finding them good? When did you start getting them? :)

Jan 2011 and have had them in 5 times in total.

I absolutely love them, they last for ages and they look perfectly real. They do start falling out when you have them in for 4 or 5 months but my current ones are now in 5 months and they still look great.

I do think it helps though that I have long hair to begin with (maybe 3 inches shorter than the extensions) and my hair grows slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Tiger123

I'm thinking of getting easilock but the price is turning me off them. I was quoted 250 for short ones(the same length as my own hair) and 500 for long ones. I'd love my hair to be a bit longer because its only just below my shoulders but can't afford 500. I'm considering getting the ones that are the same length as my own hair. Does anyone know if this is worth doing? Will it make my hair much thicker looking. It's not especially thin as it is. You can't see scalp but a lot of people would consider it a bit on the thin side.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

My gf got her extensions in the end from issonni, 395 to start and hair is reusable so its 150 every 4 months. Nobody ever knows she has hair extensions until she tells them and she loves them. I tried to get in touch with ceira lambert a few times to organise the surprise for my gf, but just couldn't get a response or price guide so had to give up in the end. Was juts told maybe it would be 1200, and that would be every 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 130287

Hey all, I just booked my consultation for Ebano store street with a lovely girl called Niamh, I was blonde and LOVED it but the damage it caused meant I had to cut my hair to just below the shoulder. Im just curious would it be better to
    (1) go brown all over as it would be easier kept and easier to match the extensions?
    (2) is all the hair super straight and shiny because my hair is quiet coarse and kinky?
    (3) do really long extensions look ridiculous when natural hair is only below the shoulder?
    (4) if i go brunette and get brunette extensions and eventually want yo go blonde will I have to buy new extensions or have to dye the the ones I get?
    (4) and most worrying is there any chance hair could matt? :-/

soo sorry for all the questions guys,these are just some of my curiosities, all info shall be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm still getting them,defo, the pics look amazing, practically stalking easilocks on facebook and twitter, savage work :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dushi

Have just seen new tape version of easilocks on xpose - has anybody tried these? saw a pic of Chantelle online where you could see the tapes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ci0lly

Easilocks hair extensions are amazing .. Look them up on Facebook or Shane @ebano salon x

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 neila13

Shauna16 wrote: »
    I just got mine done last week with her paid 850 for 17" my hair is quite long anyway it was more for thickness.. Prices start at 750 and go up to 1200!
    OMG people still pay that kinda money for hair extentions?that really is shocking!!! i do tape hair extensions, micro-rings and prebonded and i charge around 200-250 for full head. (depending on lenght, thickness) and i dont use cheap hair from china, i use quality hair that are 100% human remy hair, and they last forever. people think if they spend so much money, they will get the best, but really, if u look around carefully, u can find the quality for much less then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

neila13 wrote: »
    OMG people still pay that kinda money for hair extentions?that really is shocking!!! i do tape hair extensions, micro-rings and prebonded and i charge around 200-250 for full head. (depending on lenght, thickness) and i dont use cheap hair from china, i use quality hair that are 100% human remy hair, and they last forever. people think if they spend so much money, they will get the best, but really, if u look around carefully, u can find the quality for much less then that.

Do you work in a salon? I've been trying to find hair extensions for that price but the cheapest I've been quoted is €450 which I absolutely do not have :(

I'm going to America this summer so I might be able to get them much cheaper over there - hopefully anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jenny16

I went to Ciera for a consultation and she was lovely! Really helpful and picked my colour with me. She said a full head of 17 inch would be 950 and if i wanted longer it would be about 1200.

I was all set to book and then over the weekend I discovered easilocks. Just through google. Went for a consultation there too. I got quoted 450 for a full head (up to 20 inches) and they also promised not to damage your hair which was my main concern. Also you can reuse the easilocks hair.

So I booked in with easilocks (ebano on store street). Got them done yesterday and I love them!

Obviously I would have loved the Great Lengths ones too but if you are not up for spending that much defo check out easilocks!

(I'm not related to the business in any way, just a happy customer who came across them on google at just the right time!)

Hi siobhanoh,

I have a consultation today for easi locks, they said they start from £750 and go up to £870. Did you say you got quoted £450? I just dont want to get ripped off.

Thanks

Jenny16 wrote: »
    Hi siobhanoh,

I have a consultation today for easi locks, they said they start from £750 and go up to £870. Did you say you got quoted £450? I just dont want to get ripped off.

Thanks

Easilocks would be used by many different hairdressers in the UK and Ireland. Since you put pound signs in your post, I presume you are talking about somewhere in the UK. This thread is about Ireland.

The hairdresser might be particularly skilled or in somewhere with very high costs like London?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Funkyplunky

hey girls, I got great lengths in May and got them removed in September. I have scary spice curly hair so they were hard to maintain. Having said that , my hair is undamaged after removal. I paid 850 for a full head, my advice would be to source a qualified great lengths extensionist who has a good rep as ciera lambert prices are always gonna be higher due to her popularity with celebs!! 😊👍

Advertisement