Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank of Ireland ATMS!!!!!

• 23-10-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Posted this in another section, but might get more answers here due to the time.

went to the atm today, knew I had 20.67 in my account, mostly keep very little in my account and withdraw the cash when I get paid from work.

so earlier was going to overdraft it since I needed it on the spot and take out 50. I dont have a agreed overdraft with the bank, but with the laser, usually you can do that when you have a regular income coming in which I do.
    but that didnt work, it said insufficient funds, so went to a different machine and went to take out the 20, and it seemed to work, except that the money didnt come out at all, found that strange, but it happened to the person behind me as well.

so I checked my account and I still had the 20.67 in it, as it said that but when I tried to get it out, it came up as insufficient funds.

Id understand if it was minus figure, but its not, theres a clear 20.67 there, and as for the annual laser fee, thats in January and only 5 euros and any fees accociated with using laser are charged on the spot I imagine.

Im with bank of Ireland by the way.Just a regular current account. Anyone else have similar problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Anyone else have similar problems.

No. I have loads of money in my bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Have you used your lazer to buy something that may not yet have been debited, but is marked for debit? In other words have all your recent laser transactions been debited or are any pending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Can I have some?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Never came across this problem before in After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dean09 wrote: »
    Can I have some?

Yes. Just send me your bank account details, date of birth, mother's maiden name & a PDF of your signature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Giselle wrote: »
    Have you used your lazer to buy something that may not yet have been debited, but is marked for debit? In other words have all your recent laser transactions been debited or are any pending?

No, nothing is pending. Everything is paid for that I purchased, Im thinking perhaps if I wanted to take the 2o out, is it possible the transaction fee isnt covered or something. so bloody annoying bank of Ireland isnt open on the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

OMG SMELL OF POVO

sgb wrote: »
    Never came across this problem before in After Hours

Never came across this problem before in my account. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yes. Just send me your bank account details, date of birth, mother's maiden name & a PDF of your signature.

Pm sent

stovelid wrote: »
    OMG SMELL OF POVO

No not really :rolleyes: I just withdraw my salary weekly. Just always leave a small amount in usually incase. Fkin annoying me now at this stage. Wondering have I built up unreal laser charges or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

No, nothing is pending.
    Except the money that you didn't receive from the 2nd ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What's up with Bank of Ireland At The Minute Slags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Posted this in another section, but might get more answers here due to the time.

Gah, pick a forum and stick to it...look at the answers you're getting in AH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

It knows you want the 50 out and is doing a :p at you for trying.

Maybe theyre getting the bank charges in earlier now.You had 20 odd there and wanted 50 so they almost send you it but charge you 40 for the privilege..hence.....nada!:D

I wouldnt be surprised.

Either that or you forgot your pin or misread your balance:rolleyes:

You got home.Youre a lucky one.Thats the main thing.

Students are dying out there,the poor wee pets

Gah, pick a forum and stick to it...look at the answers you're getting in AH :D

fair enough :D

cesc77 wrote: »
    It knows you want the 50 out and is doing a :p at you for trying.

Maybe theyre getting the bank charges in earlier now.You had 20 odd there and wanted 50 so they almost send you it but charge you 40 for the privilege..hence.....nada!:D

I wouldnt be surprised.

Either that or you forgot your pin or misread your balance:rolleyes:

You got home.Youre a lucky one.Thats the main thing.

Students are dying out there,the poor wee pets

am a student :D cant have forgotten pin if I got into it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Hello, Mr property developer who got a "dig out" from NAMA.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Except the money that you didn't receive from the 2nd ATM.

well perhaps, but if the account still has the same amount in it, after it doesnt dispense it, that cant be the issue like, then again its Ireland :rolleyes:

meh, I can accept the loss of a twenty, just hoping this isnt going to be a common occurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

RUN ON THE BANKS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

my aib account is now taking 3-5 days to change balance after atm/pos, and ive gotten insufficient funds message when trying to take out money that is in my account.......aib have insufficient funds more like it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

RUN ON THE BANKS!!

I did a Fun Run for an AIB sponsored charity once.

Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Well you see the problem is that you have €20.67 in the account...which is more than the bank actually has. They're quite poor you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

RUN ON THE BANKS!!
    Ran on the banks of the Liffey a few times, does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No not really :rolleyes: I just withdraw my salary weekly. Just always leave a small amount in usually incase. Fkin annoying me now at this stage. Wondering have I built up unreal laser charges or something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

stovelid wrote: »

:rolleyes: ::::::::::::::::::> Sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

99 times out of a 100 when i got to a specific BOI ATM it will be out of order...and its more or less guaranteed to not be working at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

and yet you keep going there. Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

CJC999 wrote: »
    99 times out of a 100 when i got to a specific BOI ATM it will be out of order...and its more or less guaranteed to not be working at the weekend.
    Tell us which one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I have noticed in poor areas :pac: that the BOI machines do not have €20 notes, only €50 notes, the poor people withdraw all the 20's. This is more apparent on fridays. Poor people sicken me :) :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement