Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research Masters in AML

Options
  • 12-10-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all!
    I am looking at the idea of doing a Masters by Research on Anti Money Laundering. I already have an international diploma in AML, (a professional course recognised by Manchester Business School as being at honours degree level) as well as BBS Hons in Management.

I am not in a position to relocate at the moment so a full time, classroom based, taught masters is not an option.

I have been told that a full time masters will be part paid for whereas part time options are not.

Anyone with any ideas on what universities/supervisors to approach or who has research interests in this area would be appreciated! I have looked at several college websites but I'm struggling to get any traction on the issue........... any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

anyone? any advice/constructive suggestions would be welcome....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

anybody out there??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's a pretty specific course you're asking about - not one a lot of people on here are familiar with I'd imagine. Even AML in the title isn't a familiar abbreviation... probably hence the lack of reply.

It doesn't look like you searched very hard. The only Masters in AML I can see in existence is in Australia (http://www.mastersportal.eu/studies/49547/anti-money-laundering-and-counter-terrorist-financing.html#tab:description)

And to quote ACAMS own website about the course:
    The Master of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (AML-CTF) is the only postgraduate program of its kind being taught at an International university.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

Danae1 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I am looking at the idea of doing a Masters by Research on Anti Money Laundering. I already have an international diploma in AML, (a professional course recognised by Manchester Business School as being at honours degree level) as well as BBS Hons in Management.

Just wondering if you ever found anything? Would be interested to hear.

Advertisement