Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papa rich

Options
  • 03-02-2016 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭

https://www.facebook.com/paparichasianstreedfood/

went in today, had the beef ribs starter and beef rendang main ,absolutely divine, the lads had 12 flame grandmas curry, mother of god, we like hot and it was hot.

anyone been in ,recommend other dishes?

we got our pics taken for the wall, the flame leader is 21 flame,dunno how he's alive, we got some of their in house made passion fruit cheesecake which id go in for alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Street Food Kitchen", a restaurant is not street food...

Yeah, saw it changed from Lunares walking past the other day.
    I'm a total spice head so will probably be able for a "teen curry", if it's done right and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

biko wrote:
    Yeah, saw it changed from Lunares walking past the other day. I'm a total spice head so will probably be able for a "teen curry", if it's done right and tasty.

Post up what ya get with a review,I'll b going back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FluffyMcCardy

Ok Biko, as a moderator you have a responsibility to be honest. Is this the real thing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FluffyMcCardy

Where, where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

biko wrote: »
    I'm a total spice head so will probably be able for a "teen curry", if it's done right and tasty.

What's a teen curry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

Where, where?

Above Barr An Chaladh in woodquay opposite McSwiggans. It used to be Lunares tapas bar

zarquon wrote: »
    What's a teen curry?
    Ranging from 13 to 19 flames :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I was expecting some story about papa johns

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Good very reasonably priced food in here loved the wings, chef very friendly makes all his own sauces was originally in Asian Tea House. Being in here multiple times since it opened and always a good meal.
    Eton Mess for Dessert is lovely

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Good very reasonably priced food in here loved the wings, chef very friendly makes all his own sauces was originally in Asian Tea House. Being in here multiple times since it opened and always a good meal.
    Eton Mess for Dessert is lovely

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Went in last Sat, fully booked. Will try again over the weekend (but book a table this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

was in today for lunch, Singapore noodles ,chicken , someone mentioned the eton mess so i had that, both were amazing, tried a pork and shrimp starter,cant remember the name, tasty but not something id order again as i dont really like the dumpling aspect,glad i had it though as the curiosity was getting the better of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Had dinner there last night. Really good food, and totally reasonably priced. Two mains, and a bottle of red for €35. Can't bate it. Only went with 2 flames, so I'll have to be braver next time.

Was in for dinner tonight. Has beef Mee Goreng for 10 euro (all dinners were 10) with extra lime and spice level ten flames, was lovely.
    Good and pleasant service.
    Head mistress took my photo for the wall of flame :D The spiciest on the wall was 55 flames, doubt I can top that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Was in for dinner tonight. Has beef Mee Goreng for 10 euro (all dinners were 10) with extra lime and spice level ten flames, was lovely.
    Good and pleasant service.
    Head mistress took my photo for the wall of flame :D The spiciest on the wall was 55 flames, doubt I can top that.

Head mistress?? U must have tipped the waitress well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

I've eaten lunch in Papa Rich a good few times since since it opened. A lot of the food is very typical of street food in South East Asia.
    Basically if you like Thai, Malay and Indonesian food in the vein of Asian Tea House and Lana you will love it.
    Now all Galway needs is somewhere that does Indonesian RijsTafel along the lines of Chameleon in Dublin.
    "Street Food Kitchen", a restaurant is not street food...

Serving this sort of street food from a licenced kitchen is (IMHO) a great idea and hence the name is both accurate and descriptive.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Stop mentioning 'street' lads, or this will morph into a traffic thread once the word gets around.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

The Asian Tea house used to let you bring your own booze and charge you a fiver to open it.

Are they doing that in Papa Rich? Heading there myself on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Alcoheda wrote: »
    The Asian Tea house used to let you bring your own booze and charge you a fiver to open it.

Are they doing that in Papa Rich? Heading there myself on Saturday.

No, they have a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

whats the wine menu like? anyone got a link

• Advertisement

Did a Nasi Goreng 20 flames, goddamit it was spicy!

I see on their FB page some lunatic did 75 flames and drank all their milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Feckin love this place. Savage food, big portions and reasonably priced.

I can't begin to imagine how hot 75 flames is, he must have put the loo roll in the freezer that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

5 flame Indonesian rendang is my best ever take away curry. Did the 10 flame and was spicy but not a killer. 5 flame keeps the flavour and allows me to taste my bbq ribs ;-) other half got a thai green mild. Sweet and very mild. probably could have done with 10-15 flames

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Had only the Mee Goreng which was tasty.

Not quite as good food, variety or class atmosphere as the Asian Tea House in my opinion, but fantastic value and everybody is loving Pappa Rich.

A welcome and hopefully long term addition to the Galway food scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

I read all these comments here about the place and had to try it. I'm not the biggest fan of spicy food so I went for the Yellow Duck Curry with fried rice and fried noodles for takeaway. It is the nicest I have had in years and the portion was very big. Had enough left over for a whole plate again today. It's a pity its closed at 10.30 as I am a fan of late night snacks.

Advertisement