Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claddagh Jewellers Bankruptcy

Options
  • 04-02-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I read in the paper about a year and a half ago that the owner of Claddagh Jewellers was declaring bankruptcy but I see they are now expanding into the unit beside them, are they under new ownership?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Maurb1d wrote: »
    I read in the paper about a year and a half ago that the owner of Claddagh Jewellers was declaring bankruptcy but I see they are now expanding into the unit beside them, are they under new ownership?

Don't know anything about that firm, but I would have thought that a jewweller would un likely to go bust.

Stock does not perish, not go out of date. Its value usually appreciates.

Main risk would be upward only rent reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Maurb1d wrote: »

Hmmmm; big question for your first post. I understand that the original owner has retired and his sons are now operating the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

I remember seeing the article myself although its a at least 3 years and a quick check online with some info would confirm that the original company went into receivership although a new one had already been set up. just some succession tax planning.

Advertisement