Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on tickets

Options
  • 17-04-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be moving to Clongriffin and commuting to Grand Canal Dock 7 days a week. However, I'll also be using the luas a few times a week and also the bus 2x a week.

I don't qualify for a tax-saver ticket but I'm looking at weekly /monthly tickets.

What do you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Polar101

40 euro a week with Leap card might be be the best option, if you use Dart, Bus and Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Your options are:

LEAP Card Epurse - Weekly Capping - EUR 40

Period Passes:
    Monthly Bus/LUAS/Rail - EUR 218
    Annual Bus/LUAS/Rail - EUR 2,180

Therefore the LEAP capping is the best option - load it up with €40 each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

lxflyer wrote: »
    Therefore the LEAP capping is the best option - load it up with €40 each week.
    However, look at www.taxsaver.ie - if your employer takes part, you can reduce the cost by up to 50%. This only applies to monthly and annual tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Victor wrote: »
    However, look at www.taxsaver.ie - if your employer takes part, you can reduce the cost by up to 50%. This only applies to monthly and annual tickets.

The OP has already said that taxsaver is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Victor wrote: »

I can't get it through my employer but thanks for your reply! I think the capping will be helpful, I'll go for that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement