Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clonsilla to Sandyford on public transport?

• 15-04-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Ok, what is the quickest method of getting from clonsilla to Sandyford on dublinbus/irish rail?

I have an interview for a position in Sandyford, I need to figure out if there is a point in going to it or telling them I would move for it. Its very awkward to get there if you have no car, but i'd like to know how manageable it is in morning time traffic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Train and a Luas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Train and a Luas ?

Or train to Blackrock then bus to Sandyford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

ok, train and luas is an option but it would mean train to pearse, walk to stephens green, luas to Sandyford and walk to job. which is fine, but is there something quicker?

train to blackrock is the same sort of thing, train to Connolly, dart to blackrock, bus to Sandyford and walk again. bit mental to be doin that every day. anyone know of a quicker route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

cactuspaw wrote: »
    ok, train and luas is an option but it would mean train to pearse, walk to stephens green, luas to Sandyford and walk to job. which is fine, but is there something quicker?

train to blackrock is the same sort of thing, train to Connolly, dart to blackrock, bus to Sandyford and walk again. bit mental to be doin that every day. anyone know of a quicker route.

Taxi....door to door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

bumper234 wrote: »
    Or train to Blackrock then bus to Sandyford.

It might be worth having a look at the 114 timetable. It's not exactly frequent. For example, the next 114 from Sandyford to the Dart is 4:47 and then 5:41.

The A-B website says the best route to get you to Sandyford for 9am is the 7:31 train to Conolly, the 15 to Earlsfort Terrace and the Luas from there. Total journey time is 1h21 but you'd want a very expensive Dart/Luas/Bus ticket if you're getting that every day. If you don't mind being a few minutes late, the cheaper alternative is the 39 at 7:17 and the Luas. Total journey time is 1h49.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

my neighbour does it - carpools, takes 40 minutes, and there is a bus that goes from Blanchardstown

Advertisement