Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adverts.ie Laptop Sellers Losing The Plot!?

• 13-09-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this breaks the spirit / rules of the site but I have to vent ...What is up with laptop (esp Netbook) sellers on Adverts.ie ...I was astonished at the rake of netbook sellers trying to sell their hardware for practically the new price or in some cases OVER it?Some of them get quite sanctimonious about not entertaining offers under say 20 or 30 euro of the full retail price!!!Why would you pay practically the full cost for a used one when you can get brand new ....seems like an obvious question to me ....Latest now seems to be guys trying to sell ancient laptops for more than you can get new ...wont quote examples but a quick glance in the relevant section will show what Im talking about...These people actually have the gall to get agressive when haggled with ...I thought Adverts was a good place for a bargain but that seems increasingly to not be the case...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,049 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just use craigslist.com to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

ytareh : having bad experiences doesnt mean you should go around ranting about it all. its a buyer's vs seller's market.if they dont want to sell at your price, tough luck if you arent happy, find somewhere else. there are plenty. buy new? if you wanted to sell your laptop/car at a price ud like to get, and people dont want to give it to you, its up to you to lower your price, or not sell it for lower, you cant force people.

and as for people being aggressive,eh, well - again, sellers have some right. if buyer aint happy, move out.

overheal - i had a look at that. theres more scams there than gumtree!!! and nothing substantial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread closed.
    I'm not too sure what the point of this thread was, if you think it's too expensive, dont buy. Simple as.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement