Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless switch won't budge on xps1330

Options
  • 12-09-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I turned off my wireless card using the switch on the side the other day while on a plane to save energy. Now a couple of days later I tried to turn it back on, but it won't click over to the On position. Any idea how I can fix this? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Might be a bit of dirt caught behind it. It can happen.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Cianos wrote: »
    I turned off my wireless card using the switch on the side the other day while on a plane to save energy. Now a couple of days later I tried to turn it back on, but it won't click over to the On position. Any idea how I can fix this? :confused:

Thanks

If it's under warrenty get a Dell tech to fix it for ya.I know it sounds extreme but why damage perfectly good machine. Failing that ya got 2 choices.
    1. Open laptop up and see whats blocking the switch.
    2. Pull the switch off and hopefully it won't break. don't bother, it doesn't seem to want to come off without damaging it. Just tried mine.

So, open it up yourself or get Dell\ computer repair place to look at it for you.

Advertisement