Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dell inspiron

• 10-09-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I have a dell inspiron 2200
    and a small problem (I hope)
    my laptop keep cutting out
    there is a flashing light (orange) which I cant remember been on before. some times the laptop will run for a half hour other times five mins then cut out. I have it on ac power(plugged in). Just before it cuts out I can hear a small pop/click then the screen goes blank this orange flashing light is on the right hand side beside a solid green light which is left of the mouse pad
    Any ideas?
    cheers
    the Gall

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

At a quick guess i'd say it's a power issue. But i'd need more information about what LED's are flashing. Do any of the flashing lights have symbols close to them. maybe a battery symbol, wireless symbol. AC power symbol. try and let us know what is doing what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

thanks kikel
    with the inspiron 2200
    just to the left of the mouse pad there is two led lights
    the first has the power symbol (circle with a small line intersecting the top
    the second has the battery symbol this is the light which has recently started flashing
    when the machine is on AC the light flashes
    when the machine is on battery the light flashes
    when the machine is on AC with no battery the light flashes
    i have noticed that the light does not come on at a set time ie: 1 min after start up and the machine does not cut out at a regular time after start up
    when the machine does cut out there is a definate click/pop noise
    I have looked in the manual and it says nothing about a flashing orange light only an orange and green light alternative flashing light.
    I ran a diagnostic on the machine last night and it stated there was an error 'expected high for fan rpm 4700'
    'detected 0'
    error code 3700:011b
    any ideas would be appriecated
    I could ring dell but it's out of warrenty and i need this for college and im getting the feeling I'll be paying through the teeth
    thanks in advance
    the Gall

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'd say it's definietly a power issue. If it was the hard drive it would just reboot rather than power off.

It might not be worth fixing with the price of new laptops these days.

Advertisement