Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer Aspire Gemstone 6920 problems

• 11-09-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Bought this Gemstone 6920 in June and it is now giving me trouble on the "Cinedash" thingy... it won't work... no error message or anything... it just turns on the FULL volume AND the Mute at the same time!!! :eek: the sound is still working non the less:eek:... i called ACER support and they told me to use the recover factory settings device on it, but it still doesn't work...

anyone out there with the same problem? any sollutions?

Thanx!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sounds like the audio drivers have become faulty.

Go to www.driveragent.com (or similar) test their utility and it will list the driver (for free) that you need.
    Use their service to get it or search thur the net for it.
    That should solve your problem hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dimgalad_PT

:mad:nope... tryed something similar already... i'm thinking it's a hardware problem... not very good for a new laptop that hasn't been moved from the desk since it first arrived:mad:... i'll try your sollution anyway(just in case it works:D) and post back...

thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I have that laptop and had that problem. All you need do is remove the power cable and the battery for more than 10 seconds and this should reset the Cinedash console (it worked for me anyway).

:eek:wow! you serious? :eek:that would be a laugh...:D i'm at work now but will try that when i get home... did call the warranty support line... very helpfull(NOT)!!! "is the laptop on"???? "was there a power surge in the area recently"???? LOL:D

i'll post later on to tell if it works... maybe we can teach the ACER crew how to fix problems with their products....LOLOL

thanx:cool:

Mr Mark Hamill:
    you sir are the man...:cool: it worked!!!!:D:D did what you said and it is all good right now... anyother issues i should know about?;)
    called the support line to cancel the pick up for repair and told them that they should go on forums like this to learn how to repair or fix problems like this!!!LOL:D they actually said it is the best way to know if there is a sollution to this kind of problems!!! hahahaha

anyway... thanx alot, mate...
    owe you a pint anytime...

:Dp.s: Mark Hamill= Luke Skywalker, right???!!!???:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Mr Mark Hamill:
    you sir are the man...:cool: it worked!!!!:D:D did what you said and it is all good right now... anyother issues i should know about?;)
    called the support line to cancel the pick up for repair and told them that they should go on forums like this to learn how to repair or fix problems like this!!!LOL:D they actually said it is the best way to know if there is a sollution to this kind of problems!!! hahahaha

anyway... thanx alot, mate...
    owe you a pint anytime...

No problem man, anytime :).
    :Dp.s: Mark Hamill= Luke Skywalker, right???!!!???:D

True, however I am not that Mark Hamill :)

Advertisement