Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Player Wanted

Options
  • 30-12-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Wanted: Bass Player

We are currently a 2 piece outfit (drums and guitar), aged 22 and 21, based in South Dublin, looking for a bass player/singer to complete three piece line-up.
    We are not looking for the most technically proficient bass player in the world, but what we are looking for is a player with a strong awareness of groove and rhythm, as we are a three piece and a solid rockin’ rhythm section is essential. As we are a three piece any ability to sing and carry a melody is fairly essential, as we hope to split the vocals (between bass and guitar) and possibly even work toward vocal harmonies.

Bands we like: Nirvana, Hendrix, The Doors, Kyuss, Cream, Mastodon, Black Sabbath, Alice in Chains, At The Drive In, Funkadelic, Queens of the Stone Age, Mars Volta, Black Flag, Led Zeppelin, Baroness, Omar Rodriguez Lopez Group, Thin Lizzy, Queen, Tool, Metallica… So on and so forth, you get the idea.

We focus very heavily on jamming and improvisation, our jams venturing everywhere from rock, blues, jazz, metal, funk, pretty much anything. Our aim is to learn enough covers to start gigging but our main focus will be on our own material, as we are coming up with new ideas all the time.

Again, we’re not looking for a Billy Sheehan or anything like that, just a creative musician who knows how to find a groove and think on their feet with a good musical sensibility.

An open mind and a willingness to try anything musical are absolutely essential. Must be prepared to commit to at least two nights a week, to begin with. No ego’s or drug enforcement agents, please and thanks :D
    Please PM me if interested and we'll organise something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tits420

Over a hundred views and no replies yet??? Forgot to mention we have our own rehearsal space and we have a good bit of experience, we are very dedicated and serious about our music... Also we're as sound as pounds and if we were any more easy going we'd be pissin Malibu.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Maguirearch

I am in Cavan presently but considering a move to dublin for a multitude of reasons. I lived there before for 9 month just before the crash....
    I normally play guitar but have a reasonable bass set up....u seem to be very much into same stuff as myself.....I would aspire to be like Larry Graham...some day ! I am 35 and judjing by what u lot are into reckon you are not into allot of the modern crap cover bands are pumping out today ( some modern is good but so much is terrible too)

I am not to pushed on grunge ...much prefer Holme in his Kyuss days...do like early Peral Jam and stuff like Soundgarden and Stone temple Pilots....allot of it I dont know about and allot of it I cant stand......

"We focus very heavily on jamming and improvisation".....
    I hope this is a more focused activity than a Jazz or avant garde thing....more like how Led Zeppelin done it live ....rather .than Deep Purple...or Worse again The Cream...or Worse again....Cap Beefheart ....Gong...and such like

I am in Cavan presently but considering a move to dublin for a multitude of reasons. I lived there before for 9 month just before the crash....
    I normally play guitar but have a reasonable bass set up....u seem to be very much into same stuff as myself.....I would aspire to be like Larry Graham...some day ! I am 35 and judjing by what u lot are into reckon you are not into allot of the modern crap cover bands are pumping out today ( some modern is good but so much is terrible too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tits420

Hey man, thanks for your interest, but you seem to have overlooked the "open minded" and "willingness to play anything" part. Unfortunately we do like and intend to play some of that "modern crap" as well as some older crap. and somebody a bit closer to our own age range would be more preferable. so thanks anyway and best of luck with your future endevours!

OK Then i probably wouldn't have suited you anyway....Long unfocused chaotic jamming does my head in anyway .......The Cream used to do that and it was just banal...if you ever check out Live Cream ..Albums......
    As for Modern Music some of it i like I may have been generalising...but The stuff churned out and espoused by Linkin park, Green day, and those stylistic fashion groups from England ...ie Pete Doherty and his ilk is a bad bad Blight of noise !

Advertisement