Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First watch

Options
  • 23-06-2015 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Recently took up running and would like to get myself a watch with a HR monitor because I have a heart condition - any recommendations? looking to keep it cheap i.e under 100euro

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Can you get a watch with HRM without having to wear the strap around your chest?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You can, check out the (forthcoming) garmin 225 as an example.

There are a few of these around from different companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Can you wear these throughtout the day like any other watvh?

I'm pretty sure you can, you'd need to charge them every few days but apart from that there should be no issue with wearing it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057452758

I had one of these when I started running and found it grand for my needs then , If heart rate monitor is main interest it'll do that job fine for you. Not sure if the same deal is available in other stores, they are usually €20, Aldi do a similar one , it was on recently so could well still be in stock in the stores.

Advertisement