Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,278 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the premier league player of the year has already been decided in the past 2 weeks...

the voting at united will take place in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

you have to wonder why.... there's like 50 votes to take or something, how long could it possibly take to get their votes. They could do it the day before the awards if they wanted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

the premier league player of the year has already been decided in the past 2 weeks...

the voting at united will take place in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

So what?

We should pick a player of the season while there is 9/10 games left in the season,how stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Still a pile of games to be played and a Premiership Title to be won.Lets talk about POTY in end of May please:rolleyes:
    Talking about will do no harm. Calm yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Any following @redissue on twitter coming out with some horrible stuff about Muamba .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Any following @redissue on twitter coming out with some horrible stuff about Muamba .

Not following and after reading their timeline, glad I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What a pain in the ass having people like that representing the club's fans. Hateful attitude on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I think we all let Utds central midfield situation get to us sometimes but hearing the commentator in the Liverpool game say "Jay Spearing is keeping Adam out of the team" brightened my day and made things not look so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Was about to post about this. Real w*nker running their twitter feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TheDoc wrote: »
    I think he will be remembered fondly, and he can be proud of carrying United to their 19th title when Rooney was out of sorts, injured and misfiring. He stepped up to the plate.

Berbatov Proud? Carrying? Are you serious? He can also be proud of throwing the FA Cup away last year and handing it to City. But at least those shocking misses opened SAF eyes. He can also be proud of handing the title to Chelsea in 2009-10 season. His catalogue of misses during the run-in, when Rooney was injured, is what did it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Berbatov Proud? Carrying? Are you serious? He can also be proud of throwing the FA Cup away last year and handing it to City. But at least those shocking misses opened SAF eyes. He can also be proud of handing the title to Chelsea in 2009-10 season. His catalogue of misses during the run-in, when Rooney was injured, is what did it for me.
    Berba was a major reason we won the league last season.

You need to let that one game go, you either waffle about how shít Anderson is or Berba missing in the FA cup against City, cut the man some slack, the majority of the team was shocking in that FA cup game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Valencia is boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Berba was a major reason we won the league last season.

You need to let that one game go, you either waffle about how shít Anderson is or Berba missing in the FA cup against City, cut the man some slack, the majority of the team was shocking in that FA cup game.

Tbf, Berba has had a lot more than one bad game. He has done well in some periods but if you look at it overall he has buckled everytime he has been challenged bar maybe the Liverpool cup game last season. If Welbeck or Chico was in the team over him last season they may have done just as well, not to take away from Berba though as for 4 or 5 games around Christmas he did win I'd say at least 3 or 4 points on his own that made the difference at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

We would have won the league had Valencia converted one on one chance created by Berba against Blackburn.

I really hope Berba leaves United. He deserves much better treatment and player of his ability should be playing week in week out (At least else where if he is not suited here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Liam O wrote: »
    Tbf, Berba has had a lot more than one bad game. He has done well in some periods but if you look at it overall he has buckled everytime he has been challenged bar maybe the Liverpool cup game last season.
    I don't think its fair to really say he buckled! He played badly in some games alright, and his stats are padded a little with the 5 goals against blackburn but he still scored a lot of important goals. Blackpool is the one that jumps out to me from last year (apart from the masterclass against Liverpool :pac:).

Like Giggsy says, he deserves to be playing week in week out. We knew what we were getting when we signed him, he was never going to work as hard as people would like, but his control and finishing is second to none. The option being taken up on his contract also means the club (and him of course) will get some money back on the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭useless

Is Cleverley injured again? Didn't even make the subs yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

useless wrote: »
    Is Cleverley injured again? Didn't even make the subs yesterday.

I'd say that was more to him having a shocker against Athletico Bilbao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

tvercetti wrote: »
    I think we all let Utds central midfield situation get to us sometimes but hearing the commentator in the Liverpool game say "Jay Spearing is keeping Adam out of the team" brightened my day and made things not look so bad.

Jay Spearing > Anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Jay Spearing > Anderson

Maybe so... maybe. But he does look like a potato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jay Spearing > Anderson

lol, he better than Adam then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

just took a look now. is it all still there or has some being removed?

no need to say the stuff they are saying at all, best leave it unsaid.

however, one or two things are true...just perhaps not the time to be saying it and would have been more appropriate to be saying it in the past, not reacting to something as tragic as this.

RasTa wrote: »
    lol, he better than Adam then?

In a defensive midfield role, absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jay Spearing > Anderson

Wahey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

tvercetti wrote: »

Jay Spearing > Anderson

For all Anderson faults he is a superior football player to Spearing. At a top 4 club Spearing wouldn't get a look in. Anderson with regular football will be a good player.

Let's compare Reina and Jones next while we are having fitting comparisons.

I thought Anderson was meant to be a defensive midfielder for you lot?

Gerrard in his pocket? That kinda thing?

Gerrard in his pocket? That kinda thing?
    Did you call Gerrard a defensive midfielder any time he had someone in his pocket?

• Advertisement

Nope. But Anderson was definitely morphed into a defensive midfielder when he moved to Utd. That game where he had Gerrard 'in his pocket', Gerrard was playing off the striker, not in CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Meh, Gibson > Spearing.

Is Nani back for next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nope. But Anderson was definitely morphed into a defensive midfielder when he moved to Utd. That game where he had Gerrard 'in his pocket', Gerrard was playing off the striker, not in CM.

Just because a player is assigned to tracking a dangerous player in a game doesn't necessarily make him a DM.
    Sure, only the beginning of the season himself and Cleverley were an attacking force with hardly a defensive bone between them!

Oh and is Michael Owen gonna play football again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Trilla wrote: »
    Maybe when he gets time off from the racing

Trilla wrote: »

he has only played one league game this season, shocking!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Meh, Mel Gibson > Spearing.

Yep i agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Wtf folks,seems like every day now there's a discussion about a Liverpool midfielder in here. :)
    Might aswell throw my 2 cents in,Spearing is shìte,technically awful player.
    Can't shoot,can't pass not renowned for his tackling,I honestly scratch my head and wonder how he has a contract with a team like Liverpool.
    Anderson is worth 2 of him and I don't even rate Anderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No, no he isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I don't see the point in comparing our players against Liverpool's anymore. They're not in our league, 7th place and 28 points behind, it's fairly obvious at this stage that their players just aren't going to be in the same bracket as ours.

my opinion on Spearing is very clear - when i see him on their team sheet, it warms my heart. he is not good enough to play for a top club and its a reason why liverpool are currently 7th in the table > they have players like spearing in their team.

as regards anderson, ive lost faith in him, however ive lost faith more in fergusons ability to buy good CM players or even identify that we have a problem in the area, so if he left, we could have an even bigger problem.

the only player i would like to see leave this summer is Park, but i dont think it will happen. ideally he would leave and berba stays, i think Owen will leave also. we will probably sign 3 players in the summer and hopefully 2 of them will be central players.if berba and owen go, we will get in a striker also to take up 4th choice, which wont be easy to get.

Eathrin wrote: »
    I don't see the point in comparing our players against Liverpool's anymore. They're not in our league, 7th place and 28 points behind, it's fairly obvious at this stage that their players just aren't going to be in the same bracket as ours.
    They have some players that are better than some of our players in a few positions in fairness.
    That's been done to death anyway.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    They have some players that are better than some of our players in a few positions in fairness.
    That's been done to death anyway.

to be honest, if i was given the choice to sign one liverpool player, i would struggle to come up with one, who would improve our team. 11 v 11, our players are better than theirs in every position. dont forget, this is a team who came 7th last year and is currently 7th again.

league tables rarely lie.

to be honest, if i was given the choice to sign one liverpool player, i would struggle to come up with one, who would improve our team. 11 v 11, our players are better than theirs in every position. dont forget, this is a team who came 7th last year and is currently 7th again.

Lucas would definitely improve our first choice 11,there's a couple of debatable ones that have been debated plenty already so I won't bother with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lucas would definitely improve our first choice 11,there's a couple of debatable ones that have been debated plenty already so I won't bother with them.

I'd have lucas in our starting 11 every day of the week if he was fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jose Enrique.

lucas would add nothing to our team. our style of play is build on speed, shifting the ball quickly and getting it wide to players who create chances. we have 4 wide players, who have 47 assists this season, compare that to liverpool who have the likes of stuart downing who barely has an assist all season, yet has played 30+ games.

they are a team, who is build prodiminately on being solid, playing long ball and thriving on set pieces and a pressurised game. the later suits players like lucas who sits in front of a back 4, and adds very little going forward.

we need creativity first and foremost and then, somebody to retain possession. i for one, wouldnt swap carrick for lucas.

we need creativity first and foremost and then, somebody to retain possession. i for one, wouldnt swap carrick for lucas.
    Not going any further with this.Lucas is a better cm than Carrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I'd take Pepa Renia and Jose Enrique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

lucas would add nothing to our team. our style of play is build on speed, shifting the ball quickly and getting it wide to players who create chances. we have 4 wide players, who have 47 assists this season, compare that to liverpool who have the likes of stuart downing who barely has an assist all season, yet has played 30+ games.

they are a team, who is build prodiminately on being solid, playing long ball and thriving on set pieces and a pressurised game. the later suits players like lucas who sits in front of a back 4, and adds very little going forward.

Lucas would add so much more to our team, he's not a bad passer by any means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

a Liverpool/United team for me

__________________Reina_________________

Johnson____Ferdinand_____Vidic______Enrique

Valencia_____Scholes_____Gerrard______Nani

_________Suarez_________Rooney_________

MD1990 wrote: »
    a Liverpool/United team for me

__________________Reina_________________

Johnson____Ferdinand_____Vidic______Enrique

Valencia_____Scholes_____Gerrard______Nani

_________Suarez_________Rooney_________
    Swap Smalling for Johnson and I'll consider looking at the rest of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I think Scholes/Carrick is a better CM combo given a team with pacy attacking wingers than Scholes/Gerrard. Their job is basically to feed the wingers. Don't think that would be Gerrards strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I think Scholes/Carrick is a better CM combo given a team with pacy attacking wingers than Scholes/Gerrard. Their job is basically to feed the wingers. Don't think that would be Gerrards strength.

Aye, scholes/Gerrard would need a Lucas/Carrick alongside them to do some of the donkey work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement