Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

karma_ wrote: »
    Some Silva highlights from the Inter match; (music sucks so mute)
    ]

it was easy for him on sunday, but a class act none the less, would like to see him score more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland want Craig Bellamy! Discussions ongoing with Manchester City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland want Craig Bellamy! Discussions ongoing with Manchester City.

Even at 32 he is worth getting in,Bruce is proving to be a shrewd shopper this year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Bellamy is a legend and a great player, deserves to be playing in the premiership in fairness.

I'd agree. I'd love to see him at Sunderland. I'm hoping it will happen but I will admit I'll be surprised if it does, mainly due to wages.

I'd imagine it'd be a loan move if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Has he still got his pace?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Has he still got his pace?

don't know we will see soon enough.....a good move for sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Bellamy has said he doesnt want to leave, he wants to sit it out and collect his wages as his charity is relying on his wages, will be surprised if he goes to sunderland.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Bellamy has said he doesnt want to leave, he wants to sit it out and collect his wages as his charity is relying on his wages, will be surprised if he goes to sunderland.

This would not prohibit a loan move, with Sunderland/whoever picking up a % of his current wage.

• Advertisement

This would not prohibit a loan move, with Sunderland/whoever picking up a % of his current wage.

Exactly. It's not as if Cardiff were paying 100% of his wage last season. I'd still be surprised if it happened though, but fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

i cant see sunderland picking up his wages of close to 100k a week, from what ive read he got his free ride with cardiff last season and city have no intrest in subsidising his wages this time round...

POKERKING wrote: »
    i cant see sunderland picking up his wages of close to 100k a week, from what ive read he got his free ride with cardiff last season and city have no intrest in subsidising his wages this time round...

We (Sunderland) would probably pay 40%-45% of it at the very, very most.

I can't see Manchester City wanting him around the club any more when he clearly isn't part of Mancini's plans, so it'l be interesting to see what happens.

Bruce said today at a dinner that he'd be interested in Bellamy if he was available and it will be one to look at closer to the end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Rumours today that Bolton in talks with City about SWP and a possible swap between Tevez and Eto'o.

I know we've the Community Shield on Sunday but I would have thought that Manicin would have started a bit of a clearout already?

Bellamy,Adebayor,Bridge,SWP,Santa Cruz,Onouha and Tevez I'm sure will all be looking forward to sorting their future out but apart from maybe Bellamy,will they be happy to stay if they're not part of the 25 man squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Reporting on SSN that we've signed goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon from Poli Timisoara.......... Haha, onto google with me:D

Gillington wrote: »
    Rumours today that Bolton in talks with City about SWP and a possible swap between Tevez and Eto'o.

I know we've the Community Shield on Sunday but I would have thought that Manicin would have started a bit of a clearout already?

Bellamy,Adebayor,Bridge,SWP,Santa Cruz,Onouha and Tevez I'm sure will all be looking forward to sorting their future out but apart from maybe Bellamy,will they be happy to stay if they're not part of the 25 man squad?

not eto hes getting too old now, only going to loose pace and get slower, no resale value, city dont need him they need a creative midfielder.

cant believe santa cruz and adebayor are still hanging around...totally surplus to requirements, cut out the dead wood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Reporting on SSN that we've signed goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon from Poli Timisoara.......... Haha, onto google with me:D

Good signing, 24 year old keeper with 13 caps for his country, ideal backup for our 24 year old keeper with 11 caps for his country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

cant believe santa cruz and adebayor are still hanging around...totally surplus to requirements, cut out the dead wood!

City put themselves into this situation by over-paying and offering inflated wages to/for players who are now deemed surplus to requirements. ;)

d22ontour wrote: »
    City put themselves into this situation by over-paying and offering inflated wages to/for players who are now deemed surplus to requirements. ;)

Sure D22, the club need to shoulder some responsibility there, but for me Mark Hughes made a major mistakes with his transfer policy, Santa Cruz for one should never have been signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting that Inter have agreed to sell Sneijder to City for €36m and today will be his last game for Inter, if that is true I would be surprised and disappointed, as an Inter fan, because he is worth more than that. Would be a great signing for City.

Would Snjedir play the same role as Silva?and what about Nasri?...all pretty baffling really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

dahat wrote: »
    Would Snjedir play the same role as Silva?and what about Nasri?...all pretty baffling really..
    Does Silva not play out wide? I'd say he would take Milners place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

dahat wrote: »

Silva plays wide in a front 3 and Sneijder will play behind the front 3 like he did at Inter. And he's better than Nasri. Not one bit bafling.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Silva plays wide in a front 3 and Sneijder will play behind the front 3 like he did at Inter. And he's better than Nasri. Not one bit bafling.

Agreed about Snjedier being better than Nasri,was just wondering how it would all fit,now i know.
    Looks like Mancini is changing his style of play for this year then,alot more attacking

if this is true it will be fantastic obviously because he is a great player but also on a personal note, I have a friend who is a united fan always going on about how sneijder "has" to go to united and "why the **** does he want to play at inter in that **** league" (doesnt give serie a the light of day) so this would be just the ultimate, will wind him up no end

if this is true it will be fantastic obviously because he is a great player but also on a personal note, I have a friend who is a united fan always going on about how sneijder "has" to go to united and "why the **** does he want to play at inter in that **** league" (doesnt give serie a the light of day) so this would be just the ultimate, will wind him up no end

It will wind the rest of United fans up no end aswell,dont worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sneijder would actually be a much better fit for City than United, but it would mean a major departure from the normal midfield Mancini likes to use and using Toure less as an attacking midfielder than he was used last year.

De Jong
    Toure

Sneijder

Silva
    Aguero
    Balotelli

With the front three interchanging positions and Silva dropping back to link up as well. Nice.

City seem to have denied it anyway.

Aye,could just be a bit of pre Community Shield hype

Hopefully it's a straight swap with Tevez, two birds, one stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Aye,could just be a bit of pre Community Shield hype

Why would Italy's main sport newspaper give a fùck about the community shield. FWIW they rarely go this strong on a story without it being accurate, so I'd be very surprised if there's nothing to it even if clubs are denying it to the media.

All this Sneidjer speculation is killing!!!:eek:

I'd be hopping mad if I were a United fan considering all the past talk/speculation of him headed to Old Trafford..... But jaysus, how sweet would it feel for the blue side of the City:D

Rumours flying all over the place...
    Looks like being a mad old week!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sneijder would actually be a much better fit for City than United, but it would mean a major departure from the normal midfield Mancini likes to use and using Toure less as an attacking midfielder than he was used last year.

De Jong
    Toure

Sneijder

Silva
    Aguero
    Balotelli

With the front three interchanging positions and Silva dropping back to link up as well. Nice.

City seem to have denied it anyway.

James returning to Villa on loan?
    Oh god I would love if that would happen, we miss him :(

Soooooooooo excited for today!!! Hoping to see aguero in action and Silva again. He was amazing in Dublin last week

C'mon you blues :D

**Edit
    Any news on a team lineup yet??? On my mobile so difficult to google :-)

What an anti-climax that was. On a scale of 1 to 10 on the shítness scale we were easily an 11.

I literally have no idea what we were playing out there, but one things for sure it wasn't football. Two up at half time was flattering and both were keeper mistakes, I'd be surprised if we had anywhere near 30% possession probably much less. We couldn't put more than two passes together, didn't get Silva involved at all and we basically allowed them to play their game, the total opposite of what we did to them in the FA cup semi.

Tempted to say that it doesn't matter because it was the community shield, but that's not true, every derby game counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

United were the better side today; pains me to say it but I'm biased, not blind. We were never really in control of that game, even when we were two up. I texted a mate at h/t saying ''not over yet''. For some reason, we conceded possesssion to them and let them impose themself on us, instead of us doing it to them. Very disappointed.
    :(

And what were those substitutions about? Allow them to equalise and take Balo off for Barry? Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

City were just so sloppy in the 2nd half, i agree with the subs.. i dunno what mancini was at.. i hate losing games on stupid mistakes like that.

Mancini may get that cheque book out again..
    we're a few players short of a title challenge this year folks.. :mad:

Lads, only 2 words sum up today for me....... Exhilaration in the 1st half and heartbreak in the 2nd half!!!

Hate to admit but we were chasing Utd from the very start of the game:(
    Jesus, gonna be a long season of we play like that.... FFS, we are better than that display today, so bitterly disappointed:(

That was hard to take yesterday especially after halftime and me singing to all the United fans in the room.Boy did they get their own back come full time.

Anyway, Joe Hart signs new 5 year contract

• Advertisement

What went wrong?

Was it just a simple matter of us having one below par performance, let's face it, we know we can play much better than that! Did Mancini get our pre-season wrong, and are the players just not fit or ready? Did he make a mistake of playing mostly youth/reserve players in our pre-season fixtures and not give a stronger team a run out except for the Inter match?

What went wrong?

Was it just a simple matter of us having one below par performance, let's face it, we know we can play much better than that! Did Mancini get our pre-season wrong, and are the players just not fit or ready? Did he make a mistake of playing mostly youth/reserve players in our pre-season fixtures and not give a stronger team a run out except for the Inter match?

Hmmm I dunno,I think United wanted it more in the second half and overall they deserved it.Lets face it we dont look comfortable in the lead at the best of times!

I think bringing Barry on was a mistake and the lack of talking/communication between Kompany and Clichy for the winner was evident but it was a good game and Im looking forward to Monday night now and hopefully Kun's competeitive debut!

Finally it's time for our 1st game of the season!!

Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Dzeko, Johnson

thought we had seen the last of Barry starting judging by the charity shield, alas we have not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Reports of Nasri having his medical today :D

and reports of Adebayor deal to Spurs getting closer

• Advertisement

Whats going on with this Nasri deal... would of thought it'd of gone through by now..

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

The Mirror reports that Wright-Phillips wants a cash settlement to leave City for Bolton, as he'd be on a lower wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

FYG wrote: »
    The Mirror reports that Wright-Phillips wants a cash settlement to leave City for Bolton, as he'd be on a lower wage.

Give it to him ta fúck he owes us nothing, great servant and he's being forced out!

Nasri deal close,whats your thoughts?

Nasri deal close,whats your thoughts?

In the Arsenal squad tomorrow to face Liverpool.
    Weird.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement