Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's always gonna be hard to sell a United player who is an arse, to a lot of Liverpool fans.

But Nani is good at the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Nani?

Not that I'd mind him, but I rather take Wellbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'll be out on my own here, but I'd sign Ireland. Available for a minimal fee and you could prolly negotiate circa 40k wages. He has talent and could compliment the style Rodgers is implementing well.

No thanks. Turns 27 in August and is still no closer to being a good talent than he was after his big 08/09 season.

Comes across as extremely weak mentally, and nowhere near as talented as he looked five or six years ago.

Waste of money player who has only played 85 games in all comps over the past four seasons compared to the 146 games he managed during his first four seasons . If we want to play a mostly ineffective bald midfielder, we already have Shelvey for that role, but unlike Ireland Shelvey at least has years ahead of him to prove he can be a consistent player, but Ireland at almost 27 has yet to have more than one decent full season.

Ireland has 8 seasons as a pro footballer, and still seems to be getting looked at as some young player who might come good. Years ago I would have been happy to have seen the club take a punt on him, but since then all Ireland has shown is that he is nothing special as a player, and stands out in bursts rather than on a season to season basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lol Nani...remeber when people said Lucas became more over rated when he wasn't playing?

Nani's a perfect example of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I can't understand why a fan wouldn't want whats best for his club.

Nani is quality when he is in the first team week in week out, does have some poor games here and there but what player doesnt. No one can deny that he has huge talent. I don't want Nani to leave United as i feel Moyes can rejuvenate his career.

I wouldn't want Nani because despite the fact he is a good player I hate him. he seems like a right prick. Plus he's united scum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ireland? Nani? To Liverpool?

:o

Oh and I actually rate Nani despite him being an utter ****. A deal isn't going to happen between us and United so talk of him especially is utterly pointless.

Well, it must be noted that I had low expectations of Sturridge :)
    I was disappointed with the signing given what I had seen before, spell on loan at Bolton aside of course.

To answer your question regarding Suarez first 6 months, it'd have to be a 10 out of 10. Sensational. While not surprising, he totally revitalised things in how way we approached games. His work rate meant he was constant threat even when he wasn't scoring or notching up assists.

So if Suarez gets 10/10 for his first 6 months at Liverpool, what does he get for the first 7 months of last season? Please bear in mind that 10 is the most you can give out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Downing everyday of the week lads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4by_jfIU3iY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You know Nani is a starter for Portugal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ormus wrote: »
    You rate Nani, even though he is utter $hite....that means you rate him as utter $hite

So if Suarez gets 10/10 for his first 6 months at Liverpool, what does he get for the first 7 months of last season? Please bear in mind that 10 is the most you can give out of 10.

Read Nuri's post again.He does not say he rates Nani and thinks Nani is utter shyte. He says he rates the player despite thinking the player is an utter ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I wouldn't want Nani because despite the fact he is a good player I hate him. he seems like a right prick. Plus he's united scum

Awwwhh. Ain't you a treat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RasTa wrote: »
    You know Nani is a starter for Portugal?

He's also pretty good on FIFA.

I notice I tackle Nani particularly heavy in FIFA. Maybe I DON'T like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Knex. wrote: »
    He's also pretty good on FIFA.

Yup that's it. Downing obv the better player, be foolish to want him in your squad.

295x221px-LL-1f759989_Jerry-Seinfeld-Leaving1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The only way that i can see why you think he is a right prick is because of his dives/antics on the pitch. They majority of top players do it nowadays and i hate it too but just have to live with it as it seems to be the culture in football nowadays.
    I think Gerrard is Liverpool scum but i would have still taken him at united in a heartbeat a couple of years ago because he would have improved our squad. The good of the club always come before any hate in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

These things are all relative. Nani plays a very detestable and unmanly style, but relative to what we have he'd start week in, week out. And with Suarez out of the equation, we'll need all the spark and creativity we can lay our hands on. The likes of Borini and Downing don't inspire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lads, need we be reminded that Downing is our starting RW. Nani would easily improve us.

Lads need we be reminded that Nani is a Man United player and there isn't a hope of him joining us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what the fúck are we talking about Nani for?

great player, would obviously improve us. won't happen. next.

Stephen Ireland.

great prospect more than 5 years ago. let's not waste our time and wages on him. Joe Cole v2.0, only with less wages. next.

RasTa wrote: »
    Yup that's it. Downing obv the better player, be foolish to want him in your squad.

295x221px-LL-1f759989_Jerry-Seinfeld-Leaving1.gif

I don't get it at all tbh.

So what if you don't like him. He's a footballer. I don't like 90% of them. Also, if he joins and has a season like he did a year or two ago for United and gets into double figures for goals and assists, will people still dislike him if we end up 4th?

Madness.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ormus wrote: »
    You rate Nani, even though he is utter $hite....that means you rate him as utter $hite

:confused:

I hate him greatly, but that doesn't cloud my judgement in knowing that he is a player well capable of producing goals, assists and simply put, being a match winner. As inconsistent as he can be, he's put up some efficient numbers.

In short, putting aside his moment of idiocy against Chelsea, a 10.

edit - I called Nani a cunt above, not shite.

"No I think YOUR player is scum"

This is getting too classy for me, I'm off to find an abortion thread on After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Downing everyday of the week lads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4by_jfIU3iY

And Allen everyday of the week rather than Busquets at cut price?Okkk

Bit of a pointless discussion i suppose given the fact I doubt very much Nani would want to go to Anfield imo.

This thread can quite literally have a meltdown over the smallest and most retarded of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This thread can quite literally have a meltdown over the smallest and most retarded of things.

It is incredibly amusing though! I used to go to After Hours for the lols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjZjEaRNac&feature=player_embedded

a Snood??

Comes across really uncomfortably actually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's always gonna be hard to sell a United player who is an arse, to a lot of Liverpool fans.

But Nani is good at the football.

I dont think Nani is particularly good at all. United can make a lot of average players look good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

United can make a lot of average players look good
    Or maybe they're just good players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Nani would start for probably 16 teams in the EPL, how is he not good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Nani would start for probably 16 teams in the EPL, how is he not good?

He's no Stewart Downing, that's for sure.

Or maybe they're just good players.

There's a popular myth going around that United don't have a quality team, and its honestly madness.

I said it before when Moyes was first appointed and someone suggested that United might fall as a result, I could nearly manage them to a top 4 finish their squad is that good.

Slightly derailing here, but if Moyes turns out to be a bad manager for United it will be a few years down the line before the effects are noticed. I would be shocked if he couldn't keep them competing at the top end of the table for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Nani would instantly improve our first 11, but that doesn't mean we have to want to sign him. It wouldn't be Nani or no-one. It would be Nani or an alternative. I'm willing to bet there would be a better alternative for us our there.

There are plenty of others who would improve us who don't have some of Nani's downsides. I personally wouldn't go near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez insists he is not thinking about using the Confederations Cup as a means to enhance his chances of leaving Anfield.

The 26-year-old striker will lead the line for Uruguay in the tournament in Brazil over the next fortnight. World champions Spain, who contain many of the Real Madrid players Suarez has previously spoken publicly of wanting to join at the Bernabeu, are Uruguay's first opponents this weekend.

"Here I come to play for Uruguay and not thinking what I can do to benefit a transfer," he told reporters at a press conference ahead of the match against Spain. "My only goal is to win the cup."

Suarez added that "for now there is nothing" in relation to any potential transfer and there was no deadline, although he admitted "family issues" - his wife Sofia moved to Barcelona to study as a teenager which was followed by his transfer to Europe to play for Dutch side Groningen - meant he had an affiliation with Spain aside from the language.

Liverpool have yet to be informed by the player or his agent of a desire to leave but it is likely they are waiting for Real to make their approach in order for loyalty bonuses not to be sacrificed by making a transfer request.

Suarez, who has six matches of a 10-match domestic ban still to serve for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in April, has spoken at length of his unhappiness at the way he is treated by the British media.

He apologised for his previous misdemeanours and revealed he just wanted to be appreciated for his footballing qualities.

"I had wrong attitudes, I recognised my mistakes, I apologised and would love to be valued more for my game on the field," he added

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/suarez-focused-on-confederations-cup-29344933.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Milkers wrote: »
    Don't like to be negative but the Aspas signing does not excite me at all. I have only seen him play a handful of times but from what I've seen he won't improve us much or at all and will be frustrating in a Babel kind of way. Here's hoping I will be completely and embarrassingly wrong about this.

He's not supposed to be exciting.

He's supposed to be a sensible squad player signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Isn't it gas when a utd player is mentioned on here and the lads step out of the shadows to have a whinge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

gafferino wrote: »
    Liverpool striker Luis Suarez insists he is not thinking about using the Confederations Cup as a means to enhance his chances of leaving Anfield.

The 26-year-old striker will lead the line for Uruguay in the tournament in Brazil over the next fortnight. World champions Spain, who contain many of the Real Madrid players Suarez has previously spoken publicly of wanting to join at the Bernabeu, are Uruguay's first opponents this weekend.

"Here I come to play for Uruguay and not thinking what I can do to benefit a transfer," he told reporters at a press conference ahead of the match against Spain. "My only goal is to win the cup."

Suarez added that "for now there is nothing" in relation to any potential transfer and there was no deadline, although he admitted "family issues" - his wife Sofia moved to Barcelona to study as a teenager which was followed by his transfer to Europe to play for Dutch side Groningen - meant he had an affiliation with Spain aside from the language.

Liverpool have yet to be informed by the player or his agent of a desire to leave but it is likely they are waiting for Real to make their approach in order for loyalty bonuses not to be sacrificed by making a transfer request.

Suarez, who has six matches of a 10-match domestic ban still to serve for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in April, has spoken at length of his unhappiness at the way he is treated by the British media.

He apologised for his previous misdemeanours and revealed he just wanted to be appreciated for his footballing qualities.

"I had wrong attitudes, I recognised my mistakes, I apologised and would love to be valued more for my game on the field," he added

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/suarez-focused-on-confederations-cup-29344933.html

If he gets a loyalty bonus on leaving it's some joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If he gets a loyalty bonus on leaving it's some joke.

Well if he doesn't put in a transfer request, he's entitled to it. The club can't really win, if he does put in a request and sacrifice the bonus, the likelihood is the request will reduce any potential transfer fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So it's not the press now, it's family issues and his wife's desire to move to Spain? And when the Madrid bid doesn't materialise and he wants to go to Man City, what it'll be then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jaysus, discussing nani in a Lfc shirt is madness, might as well talk about slotting messi into the team while we are at it.

I'd much prefer an honest hard working player like Downing in the team than bloody Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If nani had spent the last few years at Real Madrid or ac Milan as oppose to united, and had performed for them as has done for united, we'd be creaming ourselves over the prospect of getting him for £8m. Rawk would probably have "song for nani" thread up and running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

klose wrote: »
    Jaysus, discussing nani in a Lfc shirt is madness, might as well talk about slotting messi into the team while we are at it.

I'd like to see him play just off Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I'd much prefer an honest hard working player like Downing in the team than bloody Nani.

Oh mother of God stop will ya.

If it's hard work that's required, I could do a job. Wouldn't charge much.

A wingers primary role is to create and score goals. If he's not doing that, time to get rid.

klose wrote: »

What else would you like?

messi-liverpool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

djPSB wrote: »
    Oh mother of God stop will ya.

If it's hard work that's required, I could do a job. Wouldn't charge much.

A wingers primary role is to create and score goals. If he's not doing that, time to get rid.

Wasn't there stats showing Downing had created the most chances of any Liverpool player in the last 2 seasons?
    Edit: Not assists, because 2 years ago our strikers couldnt score for shíte.

Anyone wrote: »
    Wasn't there stats showing Downing had created the most chances of any Liverpool player in the last 2 seasons?

After Suarez I think he was up there yeah. But we're not trying to replicate the last two seasons, we need to improve on them.

That means we need an upgrade on Downing. I'm all for keeping him in the squad, I really am. But we still need another option for that wide position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Anyone wrote: »

Doesn't say much for the strikers and doesn't say much for the quality of the chances created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Pellegrini confirmed new City manager (not Interim - full time interim;) )

A reminder. Pellegrini, 2010: "I would have loved the Liverpool job but they opted for Roy Hodgson because they preferred an English coach."
    Ouch !

Leiva wrote: »
    Pellegrini confirmed new City manager (not Interim - full time interim;) )

Ouch !

dawson-crying1.gif

gets better...:(
    According to the press at the time Dalglish was threatening to walk out if #LFC went for Hodgson & it was he who went to meet Pellegrini

I'm full of good news today....
    Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_ 1m Further complications in #LFC's deal for Iago Aspas as the Spanish FA block the ttransfer over the player's licensed representatives

edit:
    Liverpool's transfer of Iago Aspas has hit a fresh setback as the Spanish FA blocked the move.

Last night the Reds confirmed that they had agreed in principle a deal with Celta Vigo for the striker's move to Anfield, worth £7.7million, but a fresh obstacle has emerged in the switch.

Prior to the announcement, Aapas underwent a medical at Liverpool's Melwood training ground on Tuesday but returned to Spain for what his brother claimed were merely 'bureaucratic issues'.

Now, the Real Federación Española de Fútbol (RFEF) are refusing to approve the 25-year-old's transfer due to Liverpool's failure to broker the deal with the player's representatives, instead reportedly choosing to negotiate terms through Spanish agency PromoEsport.

The Barcelona-based firm also represent Sevilla attacker Luis Alberto, another Liverpool target this summer, but were not authorised to sanction Aspas's move to Merseyside.

Liverpool, however, remain confident that the deal will be concluded in due course.

"There was a complication with the paperwork," a club spokesman confirmed.

"For the deal to be completed both FAs have to release the paperwork and we are waiting for that to happen.

"However, we are confident that will be done shortly.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Leiva wrote: »
    gets better...:(

First I've heard of that, I actually thought Roy and Kenny were mates at the time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement