Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skinny Jeans virgin

• 13-05-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Ladies, I have yet to buy/wear skinny jeans. I just think that I am not skinny enough for them. I am a size 10 (28/32). I tried on a pair and I hated the way my ass stuck out in them. And they were too long on me. But I am starting to want a pair as I think they can look really sexy.

Has anyone any advice for me? Anyone feel the same about them?
    I do also think that one has to be relatively thin to be able to pull them off. I am not fat but I do not feel right in them - nor sexy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

I always felt that my feet look like clown feet when i wear skinny jeans! :o
    i have one pair now and i always feel like a big clown when i wear them! i guess i should buy some pretty dolly shoes to wear with them instead of converse/runners but they're not as comfy!

i dont think you need to be overly skinny to wear them because you dont wanna be too lanky looking but also not spilling out of them either! sure buy them anyway and get used to them, if they dont suit you at least you tried! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

As a size ten you are more than slim enough to wear them, if you still don't feel confident why dont you just wear a long top with them? go for it.:)

Size isn't really the issue, it's more to do with shape. As a 10 you're fine to wear them. I'm a 10 myself but my hips are quite wide compared to my waist and knees, so I always have to pair them with a long cardigan/top, to sort of disguise the hip/ass area. I do like wearing them though, it gives me a more feminine look than I usually have. I'd definitely go for it if I were you, but if you have the same concerns as me go for the long cardi.

As for the too long issue, I get that too. I'm not adverse to taking stuff up with a bit of wonderweb or sewing, but with skinny jeans I've never needed to as if you just tuck them up inside the leg, they pretty much stay like that, and it's not noticeable. Just look at them in the mirror before you go out, with your shoes already on, and turn them up a few inches, it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Im a 8-10 and love my skinnies, but i dont have the perfect figure for them as I've a ghetto booty and not the longest of legs! I fond black skinnies with a pair of heels a great look for a night out though, definately try that to ease you into it-gives you a bit of confidence with the look. At a 10 you're definately not too big to wear em, it just depends how you wear them in relation to your shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Im kinda feeling a bit jipped on this one to, sixe 8-10 find a pair that fit perfectly in the waist but than my ass and legs look crap, like there baggy or something. Whats the story with this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I recently started wearing slim type jeans. At the start I thought my feet looked never ending but it's just because I wasn't used to it. Now I wear slim jeans all the time and wouldn't go back. Seems natural now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I remember when I first tried on skinny jeans I thought I looked like i was going horseriding. It took me a full 6mths to go back and buy them.

If your worried about the shape of them try them with heels. Heels will make you stand up straighter and sort of 'tucks' your bum in a bit. And make you walk a bit sexier. (I know I tend to plod along unless wearing heels!)

I'm a size 10-12 and I rarely wear skinny jeans without heels. Or you could try tucking them into boots and wearing long cardigans/tops to ween yourself in?

Also I dont think being very skinny looks right with skinny jeans. A bit of meat never did anyone any harm, they are meant to be about showing off your shape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭sporina

wow thanks for the replies. And yes, I think I will try some on again - but with heels and perhaps boots (not at the same time of course). I will just have to ignore the fleshy bits on the inside of my thighs - you know, at the top (is there a slang word for this unwanted part of the anatomy which is exaggerated in skinny jeans?)

Advertisement