Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat boots !!!

• 13-11-2008 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I need to get a pair of nice flat boots for casual/everyday wear. With both jeans and short skirts/tights.

I would like them to come up to the knee or at least most of the shin.

When I have tried any on for some reason I feel they look very masculine or something.....I am size 6 which although not huge when I put on these boots I feel like Sideshow Bob!

I have loads of heeled boots but I dont like wearing them to work as I feel to tall and dressy!!!

Any advice from similar sized girls, I am 5 foot 6.

Many thanks
    Sideshow Bob!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Joleigh

Hi Bigfoot! :D

I'm a size 6 and I live in flat boots. I have a pair I got in barretts about 2 years ago, they are fairly worn now but I think that just adds to the look! I wear them with skirts and skinny jeans and they're really comfy. I'll see if I can find similar ones and I'll post a pic. Flats can seem masculine if worn under long trousers. You usually have to see the whole boot to pull off the look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Buffalo on wicklow street has some very stylish flat boots, I'm sure you'd pick something up there. Have you tried River Island perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Try Dunnes, got some real nice stuff in this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Cheers Ladies,

Not tried Dunnes or River Island. So far just Shue and Simon Harts with no joy really!!!

I think you are right about showing the whole boot, when the top was covered with jeans I felt like a builder!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Simon Harte boots fall apart within weeks tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Milo98

Try Aldo too.
    Got lovely ones there last week- bit pricy compared to barrets but way better quality leather & a bit girlier too!
    Happy shopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

SpookyDoll wrote: »
    Hey All,

I need to get a pair of nice flat boots for casual/everyday wear. With both jeans and short skirts/tights.

I would like them to come up to the knee or at least most of the shin.

When I have tried any on for some reason I feel they look very masculine or something.....I am size 6 which although not huge when I put on these boots I feel like Sideshow Bob!

I have loads of heeled boots but I dont like wearing them to work as I feel to tall and dressy!!!

Any advice from similar sized girls, I am 5 foot 6.

Many thanks
    Sideshow Bob!

I'm looking for the same type of things! I'm a size 5 about. I'd love a pair that zip up or are just a bit tighter to the leg that lots I've seen.

I can't find a pair that don't gape at the top!

Cheers Ladies...

Eh I'm not a lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I have to say that finding boots this year has been especially difficult, Ive slim enough legs and any boots i have tried are like wellies..i was so desperate for a pair that I splashed on an expensive pair of fly boots as i needed leather ones for walking to college in the rain, and while they are comfy and all that, they still look like wellies. moan!

Schuh have an okay selection of flat boots, it's a pity Doc Martins didnt bring out knee high boots this year, only shin high ones..not in galway anyway..

best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I just bought boots today actually, buying boots is an absolute nightmare for me because I have disproportionately chunky calves and an awful lot of them won't zip up on me. I'm also between a half and full size (I usually take a big 6 1/2 or a small 7, I'm 5'6").

Ended up getting these ones in black in Schuh, €99 with my student discount. They're damn comfy, but they're probably not what the OP was looking for. For the record - I only wear flat boots, I can't walk in heels and I'm not even going to try because it always ends up with stupid amounts of foot pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I just bought boots today actually, buying boots is an absolute nightmare for me because I have disproportionately chunky calves and an awful lot of them won't zip up on me.

Im the same and I actually ended up getting a pair in Dunnes for €25! They are just ones you pull on, no zip and are flat. Dont look really manly either. Result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I got a pair of nearly knee high docs in schuh cork. Not lace ups, faded black and flat. 130E tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Eh I'm not a lady.

Ooops apologies there Kintarō Hattori !

Ooops apologies there Kintarō Hattori !

No worries, how could you have known!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I got a lovely pair a few days ago in Clarke's on Grafton street. Knee high, with about an inch of a heel (just enough to be easy on your legs and feet without being "high") and they're kinda cowboy style. Cost EUR100 reduced from 170 I think. They've a good selection (or had) when I was in there, plus you know they're not going to fall apart like ones from barrats or simon harte.

Aldo also do nice ones :) Got my pirate boots this season in Aldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Flat boots aka wellies :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

Schuh have an okay selection of flat boots, it's a pity Doc Martins didnt bring out knee high boots this year, only shin high ones..not in galway anyway..

Just saw these, thought i'd post http://ie.schuhstore.co.uk/item.asp?s_ref=150363&fav_size=0&fav_colour=0&C2_Ref=140&C3_Ref=0&junior=0&dep=&ref=

Advertisement