Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oakleys

• 09-08-2007 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me of a shop in dublin that stocks oakley sunglasses at reasonable prices?
    Looking to get a set of OilDrums or GasCans.
    found them online from the states for $100

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

The only place I can think of with a good selection of oakleys is Sunglasses Hut in the Jervis or the Green but they aint that cheap. You would want to be careful if you do buy from America as you could be hit by customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The only place I can think of with a good selection of oakleys is Sunglasses Hut in the Jervis or the Green but they aint that cheap. You would want to be careful if you do buy from America as you could be hit by customs.

There is a sunglasses hut in liffey valley aswell. I think tribe may do oakleys??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Yea, I know tribe sell oakley clothes and ive seen glasses racks so im sure they have em too. I find tribe quite expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

You could go to Sunglasses Hut and find a pair you like then go on the interweb and buy them (hopefully) cheaper on http://www.sunglasses.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

53 degrees north at carrickmines retail park do oakleys.

this is what i did to get my oakleys, go into sunglasses hut, try on the juliet's, say no and then buy them in america. i saved a pretty penny. the juliets were €359 i got them for $300 in the oakley store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Can anyone tell me of a shop in dublin that stocks oakley sunglasses at reasonable prices?
    Looking to get a set of OilDrums or GasCans.
    found them online from the states for $100

Its going to be very hard to find a pair of Oakleys at a reasonable price in a bricks and mortar in Ireland.They seem to be sold at a standard price everywhere, you may pay a little more from an optician but its worth it IMO.
    Try them on in a shop first and then see what the prices are like online, for Oakleys i recommend
    http://stores.ebay.ie/Premium-Optics-Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

padi89 wrote:
    Its going to be very hard to find a pair of Oakleys at a reasonable price in a bricks and mortar in Ireland.They seem to be sold at a standard price everywhere, you may pay a little more from an optician but its worth it IMO.
    Try them on in a shop first and then see what the prices are like online, for Oakleys i recommend
    http://stores.ebay.ie/Premium-Optics-Ltd

I would highly recommend 'premium-optics' also,i bought 4 pairs of Oakleys from them in the last 2 years & never had one problem with them.very fast post + boxed with tags.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I'm thinking of getting a pair of oakley juliets (polarized) from here :
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Oakley-Sunglasses-Juliet-Plasma-Ice-Polarized_W0QQitemZ130150004581QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1060QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone used this seller before : http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DiscountedSunglasses

They work out at ~ €270 , the cheapest I've seen them in a shop is ~ €400 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

No experience with the seller but i would have no hesitation in using them judging by their feedback.

Personally i would stay clear of polarized Oakleys, i returned two pairs because of a strange effect.They can give quiet a distortion of colours and any shiny surface eg.manhole covers,road markings,some leafs and especially running water (which was the worst) gives off a really strange 3D effect that jumps out at you,its very off putting.Have you tried on the juliets?,they are quiet heavy.

If your spending that amount of money your much better off going for a pair of Maui Jims.Their lens are superior,much clearer and the polarization is excellent,no strange effects or distortion of colors.The sport range would be similar to Oakleys but there frames are much lighter and take more abuse,the mahakas are really nice on.They have a great range and are available in many opticians in Ireland,if i were you thats where id be spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they're not really that heavy, certainly no more heavier than any other sunglasses i've had.

although you have to try them on, as the frame is very rigid and might be uncomfortable for some. but if it's comfortable for you that's great as the practically mould to your head and don't go all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

They've got Gascans in both the great outdoors and tribe. €130 in both shops.

Advertisement