Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wedding gifts for the mothers

• 27-10-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys
    i'my looking for ideas for present for both our mothers for wedding. Neither are into flowers so what could be an alternative for them to remember our special day and from us to say thanks for everything.

All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

We got our mums Genesis photo frames, a small personalised teddy with Mother of the Bride/Groom on the front and the wedding date,then their names on the back,a small plaque and paid for their rooms. Gave presents before the wedding instead of the cringey presentation at the speeches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 Caher123

We are thinking of getting both mums personalised jewellery boxes. Seen nice ones online can get them engraved with date etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Etsy is your only man for personalised gifts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Stephen09

Caher123 wrote: »
    We are thinking of getting both mums personalised jewellery boxes. Seen nice ones online can get them engraved with date etc.

That's a lovely idea but i've only 2.5 was left now to organise their pressies. Thank you though and best of luck with your day X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 Caher123

Stephen09 wrote: »
    That's a lovely idea but i've only 2.5 was left now to organise their pressies. Thank you though and best of luck with your day X

No problem. The photo frame is a nice idea. You can print them a family picture after the wedding is over. Other suggestions maybe a brooch or nice bottle of perfume. Best of luck with the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Stephen09

No problem. The photo frame is a nice idea. You can print them a family picture after the wedding is over. Other suggestions maybe a brooch or nice bottle of perfume. Best of luck with the day.

Thanks so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

That's what we got our mums as well, with a chain/pendant inside. Both loved it.

You could do that without the engravings, and get them engraved on the sly another time. There's a few jewellers who could do engravings, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I asked ours what they would like... mother in law got a pair of earrings and my mum got a new watch.

Would rather have got them something they wanted than something they'd have liked bit never used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'd just pay for their rooms. At this point in my mothers life she has all the photo frames, jewellery, personalised stuff she wants.

Wouldn't waste your money on tat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

We got silver photo frames from Newbridge and got them engraved with our names and wedding date. I only did it about a week to 10 days before the wedding. The plan is to pick a photo from the wedding photos to put in the frames (if we ever get around to it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Depending on the marriage situation with your parents and your in-laws (parents not separated etc) then one of those double frames with an old photo from their wedding on one side and when you get the photo, one from your own wedding. It's not fancy but I know my own Mam would think something like that was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

amdublin wrote: »
    I'd just pay for their rooms. At this point in my mothers life she has all the photo frames, jewellery, personalised stuff she wants.

Wouldn't waste your money on tat.

Do most people not get a package which includes parents rooms? I know any hotel that we looked at included the parents rooms in the package...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭fits

January wrote: »
    Do most people not get a package which includes parents rooms? I know any hotel that we looked at included the parents rooms in the package...

Nope. Not for us anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

could you ask them what they would like?

just speaking as someone who wouldn't want flowers/pendants/watches/jewellery boxes/or photo frames.

actually having written that i realise there is nothing i'd want:eek: oops.

good luck with your day/decision

Advertisement