Powers & Irish Times Short Story Comp - Page 29 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-09-2013, 15:23   #421
MOONlit

Eilis Ni Dhuibhne's story involved the goings on among characters in 'Dublin Literary club', during these difficult years etc. Yes I also thought the story about the emigration theme with a twist was really clever and the idea of the lads and 'cards' via the laptop was super clever and witty - but all together, it didnt deliver on its promise for me.I kept thinking how it sounded very Kevin Barry to begin with, and how he would have made a better fist of it. (God Im so mean!)
Anyway - I think its really something that you actually completed a story to that very challenging order.I doubt that too many people interested in attempting to write for it, were able to progress beyond a paragraph or two. Good luck with it - and hope you get to read E Ni Dhuibhne's story, and tell what you think!
Advertisement
05-09-2013, 16:19   #422
BellaBella

Thanks Moonlit.

I must try and get a copy of Eilis ni Dhuibhne's story. It sounds interesting. I was away that weekend and missed that Sat's Irish Times.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion