Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance, working part-time

Options
  • 30-10-2013 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

This isn't exactly clear on the website. I was just wondering. I got a job today for Christmas but it's currently only a few hours and week and I will get more towards Christmas.

I have been getting BTEA since september and was just wondering do I still collect this? Am I still entitled to this untill I work a certain amount of hours?

Could someone who has done this before or know the way it works let me know what I am/ am not entitled too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ring BTEA in Carrick on Shannon and ask them

Back to Education Section

Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland

Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999
    Homepage: http://www.welfare.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ShaneMurp91

peterc1991 wrote: »
    This isn't exactly clear on the website. I was just wondering. I got a job today for Christmas but it's currently only a few hours and week and I will get more towards Christmas.

I have been getting BTEA since september and was just wondering do I still collect this? Am I still entitled to this untill I work a certain amount of hours?

Could someone who has done this before or know the way it works let me know what I am/ am not entitled too.

Thanks

Yeah, you should be fine. You can still work up to 20 hours and receive your btea! Congrats on the job, be handy around this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

Yeah, you should be fine. You can still work up to 20 hours and receive your btea! Congrats on the job, be handy around this time of the year.

I've actually been into the social since. They told me that I may work as many hours as I want once it doesn't effect my college.

It says part-time but they basically mean " not full-time" which means you can work 20+ hours once it isn't 9-5 every day when University/ College is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tirchonaill86

peterc1991 wrote: »
    I've actually been into the social since. They told me that I may work as many hours as I want once it doesn't effect my college.

It says part-time but they basically mean " not full-time" which means you can work 20+ hours once it isn't 9-5 every day when University/ College is on.

How much can a person earn doing part time work while also getting btea (also getting rent supplement, fuel allowance) without it affecting their entitlement to btea for the next year of their course? how does that work or what is the thresholds for amount of income you can earn without affecting your rent supplement?

Advertisement