Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Away scores

• 07-06-2011 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I recently played in an open singles compitition on an away course.

The home player that invited me, scored 32 pts and got his point one added to his handicap immediately. I scored 28 and no sign of my point one on either GUI or Howdidido sites yet the results and my score is there to be seen (also we have the same handicap).

On my GUI sheet it simply says away score with no increase in handicap ...... do I have to get the card and return it to my home club (pointless as the score is already acknowledged by the GUI) or am I missing something here (is it possible that only home scores qualify for a point back?).

Anyone know the rules on this ?

TIA

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

It can take up to a few weeks (although sometimes it can be instant) for away scores to be registered probably, nothing you can to to speed it up, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.
    Btw it's Golfnet that looks after handicaps, not the gui.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Away scores always take time to process.
    The home player gets his .1 back immediately (once the competition closes) because the club running the competition is also responsible for his handicap.

There's a little smoke and mirrors but basically:
    As an away player, your score gets uploaded to golfnet (should be as the competition closes).
    Golfnet then processes these away scores and this is why you see it on your away scores tab with seemingly no adjustment.
    Your own home club then has to download any away scores for its players - this is usually done when a competition closes but can be done on demand also.
    Once all this publishing/synchronising is done your away score will migrate from your away record in golfnet into your main history and any adjustment takes place at that stage.
    Sometimes your club computer can have the more current data than golfnet and this is what you should play off (unless you know your handicap to be lower). Golfnet is really only a record and your club computer should be the one you base your handicap on.

Delays can happen when there are connection/technical issues or maybe the secretary responsible hasn't been at the club in a couple of days... but it usually takes some days to process anyway.

As a player, one of your obligations is to notify your home club of all away scores (usually a sheet/book provided at your club). In practice, this is rarely done, particularly when most away competitions are swiped into, but it makes auditing easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Would anybody know if there is a minimum number of participants required before a competition standard scratch can be obtained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Jul3s wrote: »
    It can take up to a few weeks (although sometimes it can be instant) for away scores to be registered probably, nothing you can to to speed it up, I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.
    Btw it's Golfnet that looks after handicaps, not the gui.

I am aware its golfnet but thought the GUI controlled it as it is on their site.
    Its over a week since the game and I think I have a better understanding of the situation thanks to Linksy and your good self.

I shall give it another few weeks and when Im a point short of an increase, I will push the handicap secretaries buttons :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

You need to inform your club(handicap sec) of the round and play to your adjusted handicap(ie +0.1) untill the system reflects this properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

No I don't think that's correct. You don't adjust you're handicap up only down. You must wait for the 0.1 to go onto system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Ahh, you may be right - I've done this on a handicap but adjusted down only - just presumed it would be the same up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

No as far as I know you're are "obliged" to adjust downwards. But not "allowed" to adjust upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SolarStoned

ive played a few comps away and my golfnet does not show any of them. Its been quite a few months since the comps so i dont get why they are not showing up. ok most of the comps i didnt do so well in so im glad i didnt get any point ones back but still i would like to see my away scores being processed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Dont panic ...... it takes a while, in fact Im still waiting !!!!!

I'd forgotten all about it until this old chestnut was dug up :rolleyes:, anyway I m not too pushed anymore as I get 0.1 everytime I go out these days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 SolarStoned

ok well thats strange cause i played druids heath this week and the computer was down again but the clubhouse has entered my away score for the first time its actually on my golfnet page as my first unprocessed away score...all other scores from months ago are still not there. I guess it doesn't really matter as they are only .1's back but still I expected to see all my away scores.

Advertisement