Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society, Carton House - Montgonmery Course, Outing 22nd August 10:30

• 27-07-2015 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

Well with only 2 events to go, we roll on to our next venue. Host to the 2005, 2006 & 2013 Irish Opens, Carton house and the infamous Monty Course with it's hundreds of bunkers, so make sure your sand wedge is ready for plenty of use :D

Another Marquee venue and many thanks to the great sponsorship we received from NRC Taxis we will be able to subsidise the round cost. As mentioned before, preferential rates are going to be afforded to regular attendees.
    Members who have played at least 3 of the first 6 events this year (most of you) €45
    Other Members will pay €50
    Guests will pay €65.
    No shows are not appreciated and anyone who no showed during the year will not be entitled to subsidy

Teamer messages have just been sent out, so make sure you sign up or decline as early as possible as we need to confirm numbers with the venue 2 weeks ahead of time. I appreciate that it is not always easy to commit so far ahead but there are penalties on a sliding scale if our numbers don't hold up, so I am just trying to gauge as best as possible and appreciate your help. Please only sign up if you can definitely attend, but if you are a maybe, and won't know till nearer the time, please post here to let me know. We can always try and squeeze extra bodies in if you can only confirm last minute.

Club Website

Course Directions

golf-ireland-courses-01.jpg.h=990&w=1600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Replied on Teamer - won't be there as i'm away at the time.
    Good luck lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,997 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Think I'm coming from Galway for this one - the auld travelling from far away didn't work too well for me last time.

New respect for the Cork / Monaghan / West gang who make it to these events - big day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Excellent. Will study before the day.

(Clicked into just the first two holes and can immediately see this will be a tough course requiring accuracy and course management. Pity as I was rather hoping to get into the final 10!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Pity as I was rather hoping to get into the final 10!)

No reason why you won't be. with a game in hand you still have a great chance

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »

There's a chance my tee off on #1 in carton will be the first ball I'll be hitting since the Curragh two month prior. Just not getting out to play this summer :(

Don't know what all the hype is....... I only counted 14 bunkers.......................on the 4th hole :eek:

any advance on 130 bunkers..... bring the bucket and spade ehh :)

I'm just being a bit Fix here for a minute. :P

But this game in hand is not a true game in hand in the traditional sense. :D

As the others are playing too.

The chances of gaining points on the field average score are now reduced to 2 events.
    Many of the people with so called games in hand - will not gain a position in the top 10. Yes they will gain points - but there is a difference in gaining points and getting into top 10.

The assumption the top ten will suddendly give up the high scoring positions is a dangerious asumption.

So well done top 10

A game in hand is only worth as much as your average performances. Average performances - there are only a few people in this bracket - and they will have to preform better than they have in their games in hand to get in

:D

Now if the event is handicaped it is another debate :D

you know me being a number cruncher and all that :D

but you are right, games in hand is no certainty of getting a place in the top 10, but it does give them guys more chance to move up the table somewhat even if their performance is poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Can I let you know closer to the date seve? say a week before? I have missed the last 2 events with holidays and the next 2 clash with my society (which I help run) Am absolutely raging over Fota, was the 1 course I was looking forward to playing since I was at the open there last year. Its the same day as are captains day in Ester hills.
    But think Ill make the Monty just need to think of a good excuse closer to the date :D

I wont accept on teamer yet

• Advertisement

The assumption the top ten will suddendly give up the high scoring positions is a dangerious asumption.

Gotta love Boards :D
    ________

Seve- "You're doing great, keep going"

FDP- "Statistically, You're screwed."

benny79 wrote: »
    Can I let you know closer to the date seve? say a week before? I have missed the last 2 events with holidays and the next 2 clash with my society (which I help run) Am absolutely raging over Fota, was the 1 course I was looking forward to playing since I was at the open there last year. Its the same day as are captains day in Ester hills.
    But think Ill make the Monty just need to think of a good excuse closer to the date :D

I wont accept on teamer yet

yea of course. I'll confirm numbers with the club 2 weeks before, so that's next Friday. I'm sure we can always try and squeeze and extra couple in if there is late demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Hi Seve can I Request to be in one of the first 2 tee offs , I have to head off early

ThecHamp26 wrote: »
    Hi Seve can I Request to be in one of the first 2 tee offs , I have to head off early

No probs.

Anyone else have requests post them up and I will sort yis out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am easy on a time Seve, will be happy to go at a time to suit travel companions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Late tee time as possible-

recycled wrote: »
    Late tee time as possible-

Late for me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bobster453

Early again for me Seve pls..working on sunday again same as killeen..one of these days i will get to stay and chew the cud with a few of yez

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Myself and bombedbiscuit will be traveling together, late start if possible please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 i_Steve

Hi Seve
    Is it possible to still join your society ?

• Advertisement

i_Steve wrote: »
    Hi Seve
    Is it possible to still join your society ?

Hi there,

We only have this event and the final one, captains prize left this year. There is no space for visitors at the captains but you would be most welcome to come along to carton house as a visitor. You are more than welcome then to join up with the society for next year, we will be kicking off in late January

A little late would suit too please.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Early tee for me please :o

Folks, carton house have emailed me for final numbers. I have sent reminders out on teamer so if you can please accept or decline asap. I will wait till tomorrow before I reply to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I probably will be in Carton, but practicing on the O'meara for the Senior Cup, so I better rule myself out for this one too

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Early time for me please as I'm hoping to make it to the U-21 hurling between Limerick and Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

an earlier slot for me too if possible

No probs guys, I have a provisional time sheet done up now.

We have 38 booked in and confirmed with Carton house. That give us an extra 2 spaces if anyone wants to jump in last minute, so post here asap if you have any interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

I accepted on teamer Seve and am good to go. Sadly wont make Captains though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Which course is it when looking on google maps?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Which course is it when looking on google maps?

The Carton House app is available for free on your app store, just search for "Carton House" funnily enough :)

There's a Course Guide section that gives you the hole by hole overview and also a 3D flyover for each hole.

Or you can see them here too

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Really looking forward to playing this course, am hearing great things about ut

• Registered Users Posts: 9 i_Steve

Poppy great course lots of bunkers tough in the wind but stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any luck with the time sheet Seve?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Any luck with the time sheet Seve?

Yea it's done but I won't post it till next week as there are always changes to be made! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Yea it's done but I won't post it till next week as there are always changes to be made! :rolleyes:

I will be around Carton on the day so will pop up and say hello if you are in for drinks afterwards

I will be around Carton on the day so will pop up and say hello if you are in for drinks afterwards

see you there so. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭paulos53

A late teetime for me please

No probs Paulos

Still room for 2 more if anyone wants to jump on the sheet or come along as a visitor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

No probs Paulos

Still room for 2 more if anyone wants to jump on the sheet or come along as a visitor

I will bring one guest if that is ok ?

I will bring one guest if that is ok ?

no problem at all, consider him booked in

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Really looking forward to next Saturday. Had too work up a lot of brownie points. Capts qualifier on Sunday as well. Hope the weather keeps up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

And yet another no show from me. Sorry guys, have to go down to Kerry. Nice consolation in that I've a spot in the Pat Mulcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭a post punk

Hi Seve can I get 1 of the golf society polo shirts off ya next Saturday in medium? Looking forward to next week aswell played there a few years ago when I was starting out!

Hi Seve can I get 1 of the golf society polo shirts off ya next Saturday in medium? Looking forward to next week aswell played there a few years ago when I was starting out!

No probs. I'm not sure what sizes I have left but if there is a medium, your name is on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Hey Seve, do you know will we be playing the off the green or the white tees on Saturday?

PARlance wrote: »
    And yet another no show from me. Sorry guys, have to go down to Kerry. Nice consolation in that I've a spot in the Pat Mulcare.

Pity you won't make it, but understand, real life just gets in the way sometimes.

dwd wrote: »
    Hey Seve, do you know will we be playing the off the green or the white tees on Saturday?

No idea. will ask in the shop on Saturday.

Guys, It takes a few minutes to get down to the first tee from the golf reception area so from memory, you probably want to give yourself about 10 minutes, so please sure you arrive in plenty of time.

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
    10:30 pistolpetes11 ballyk ThecHamp26
    10:40 bobster453 dwd LuckyGent88
    10:50 Macker1 HoleInOne Dr.Rieux kieran.
    11:00 The Big Easy doublecross princess poppy tigerwood1
    11:10 shaunac93 O'Reilly Tony Keano benny79
    11:20 3putt athlone99 kiers47 ssbob
    11:30 Buddy Holly recycled a post punk spacecoyote
    11:40 FixedePitchmark Ben1977 bombedbiscuit roadrunner
    11:50 charlieIRL paulos53 Barnaboy Sponsor 3
    12:00 Seve OB Golfgraffix Ggraffix Guest Sponsor 2

This is the last call if you want to stay in the the River Lee Hotel on captains night. As mentioned before, I have beds booked for 18 and so far only 8 guys (including myself) have paid deposits. The rate I have secured is €140 for twin rooms for B&B. I see on their website that rooms are still available but have gone up to €180. I can try and get more rooms at the cheaper rate if there is demand, but cannot guarantee it.
    So that leaves room for 10 more at €70 per head. It's first come first served, so please have your deposits at Carton House. As much as possible please, and if you have already paid deposit and want to top it up that would be great also. I would appreciate at least a €50 deposit please. I will be cancelling any extra beds next week as I don't fancy getting stuck with a bill myself :eek:

I will also have the last few Polo t-shirts if anyone in interested in them, they are €25

• Advertisement
Advertisement