Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a snort IDS (need help)

Options
  • 12-07-2015 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

So, i have decided to setup a snort IDS with some sort of GUI to display the info. My main problem though is how do i set it up in terms of physical network, i want to monitor all traffic on the LAN. Right now the isp connection comes into the house and straight into the router where do i connect the snort computer?

Thanks for your time/help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Set the router into bridge mode, then just have a second router with OpenWRT/DD-WRT & Snort on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Blowfish wrote: »
    Set the router into bridge mode, then just have a second router with OpenWRT/DD-WRT & Snort on it.

Thanks thats the perfect solution.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Blowfish wrote: »

Sounds delightful (not joking), but snort's a bit of a CPU and space whore for the rules, right?

Advertisement