Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert French,listening comprehension practice.

Options
  • 15-01-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good apps or sites that I could direct my French LC hons class to,both to help improve their listening comprehension and also to immerse them a little in the language in the run up to the orals.I downloaded an app on my ipad called filmon.TV which basically gives you access to loads of foreign TV channels. Great for me at home but much too advanced for my students.They just wouldn't understand.

So would anyone know of something more streamlined to their level, perhaps with subtitles? I do get them to watch DVDs and French films on netflix but if there was anything else, it would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Both 'Daily French Pod' and 'French Day' are very good. They are both podcasts, free to download and updated daily.

'Daily French Pod' is particularly good as he breaks the language chunks down and gives synonyms..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Both 'Daily French Pod' and 'French Day' are very good. They are both podcasts, free to download and updated daily.

'Daily French Pod' is particularly good as he breaks the language chuns down and gives synonyms..

Thanks a mil! :)

Advertisement