Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour of Beijing - October 11-15, 2013 - General Thread **Spoiler Tags Required**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I think that is the first time I've ever heard anyone picking Phil Ligget over any other commentator.
    I remember watching the Tour de France on channel 4 in the late 80s and early 90s, and to this day it seems weird to hear anyone else commentating on a bicycle race. But if your from a younger generation and have been listening to the newer commentators then I can understand why you would prefer them to good 'ol Phil. Each to their own. Phil's commentating just takes me back and I associate his voice with cycling. It would seem strange if he was actually talking about anything other than cycling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

spoke2cun wrote: »
    It would seem strange if he was actually talking about anything other than cycling!

He's done more than a fair share of talking shyte in recent years......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

spoke2cun wrote: »
    I remember watching the Tour de France on channel 4 in the late 80s and early 90s, and to this day it seems weird to hear anyone else commentating on a bicycle race. But if your from a younger generation and have been listening to the newer commentators then I can understand why you would prefer them to good 'ol Phil. Each to their own. Phil's commentating just takes me back and I associate his voice with cycling. It would seem strange if he was actually talking about anything other than cycling!

Oh yeah. I remember his voice from watching the tour as a young lad on holidays from school in the 90s too and would consider him part of the furniture in that regard. My main gripe with him is to do with the "double-cross" he was waffling on about on the chasing legends film about HTC when George Hincapie missed out on the yellow jersey. That and some other more recent stuff too. Each time I hear him saying something I just get irked!

Back on topic though - nice local report vis-a-vis the lay of the land over in China from pprenderville. Interesting to have that aspect of it having heard so much in the recent past about how great it is (was) from the UCI and how bad much it is despised by the teams being forced to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Watching the feed now, after yesterday I hope it's a good one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Stage 5 Result:
    1. Luka Mezgec(Argos - Shimano)
    2. Nacer Bouhanni (FDJ.fr)
    3. Moreno Hofland (Belkin)
    4. Matti Breschel (Saxo-Tinkoff)
    5. Roberto Ferrari (Lampre - Merida)

GC:
    1. Benat Intxausti (Movistar)
    2. Daniel Martin (Garmin-Sharp)
    3. David Lopez (Sky)
    4. Rui Costa (Movistar)