Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland Member Awards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

is it the 'road cycling' awards? no mention of the International track Grand Prix, which was superbly organized and run with positive feedback from all the international riders

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GMCI

It says feedback was invited from provincial executives so depends on how vocal the track voice is, in this case, on the Cycling Leinster Committee.

Like the Board of Cycling Ireland, the vast majority (if not indeed the full majority) of key positions (chairman, secretary, treasurer) on provincial executives are Road Racing based.

Just appears that bodies from the other disciplines aren't vocal enough or interested in taking on a key role , hence the road biased options on the survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

so people are supposed to send in their own promo letter and and say how brilliant they are?

the international grand prix was the first time in 50 years we've had an international track event on the UCI calender. the track commission is very small and do alot of work for very little recognition.

I know theres always gonna be people disappointed at not getting nominated but it doesnt make sense to not recognise the International GP as one of the best cycling events in 2013

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The AGM is coming up and anyone feeling strongly enough about issues should make sure they are there.....
    Believe me it does get results

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

I know theres always gonna be people disappointed at not getting nominated but it doesnt make sense to not recognise the International GP as one of the best cycling events in 2013

The nominations appear quite sparse to me also, but I didn't make it to the Leinster AGM, and so don't really feel I can criticise for any people/events being left out that I think should be there. Is there a track rep for Leinster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

GMCI wrote: »
    It says feedback was invited from provincial executives so depends on how vocal the track voice is, in this case, on the Cycling Leinster Committee.

Like the Board of Cycling Ireland, the vast majority (if not indeed the full majority) of key positions (chairman, secretary, treasurer) on provincial executives are Road Racing based.

Just appears that bodies from the other disciplines aren't vocal enough or interested in taking on a key role , hence the road biased options on the survey.

as I said 2 agms ago its disappointing and wrong that we have everybody on the board from a road background and esp no women!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭wav1

buffalo wrote: »
    The nominations appear quite sparse to me also, but I didn't make it to the Leinster AGM, and so don't really feel I can criticise for any people/events being left out that I think should be there. Is there a track rep for Leinster?
    Yes there is a track rep,and a proactive one at that.

John Horgan was nominated by the women to replace Orla Hendron, so they do have somebody there representing their interests, but I do see where you are coming from on this morana.

The member awards were not discussed at the Leinster AGM so it would have been discussed at committee level rather than at member level.

There is also a lack of off road nominations also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Can the board co-opt directors on between AGMs or is election the only route?

RobFowl wrote: »
    Can the board co-opt directors on between AGMs or is election the only route?

Yes they can co-opt directors to fill void positions until the next AGM and then have to be formally elected into that position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Yes they can co-opt directors to fill void positions until the next AGM and then have to be formally elected into that position

they can also co-opt people who they feel would add to the board. Senan and Vern were both co-opted because of their experience. The limit for the board is 8 - 6 elected and 2 co-opted .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭wav1

John Horgan was nominated by the women to replace Orla Hendron, so they do have somebody there representing their interests, but I do see where you are coming from on this morana.

The member awards were not discussed at the Leinster AGM so it would have been discussed at committee level rather than at member level.

There is also a lack of off road nominations also.
    AFAIK the Leinster secretary asked colleagues for nominations for the various categories and the end result is the nominations from each province except Connaght who obviously didnt nominate anybody.Nobody nominated friends,clubmates,etc and i think there was a fair selection of nominees.but unfortunately each province could only nominate 1 per category.Just to put it on record,my name is on the list of nominees and FOR SURE was not put there by me.Just to knock that one on the head.Happy to be nominated but doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other as i will continue whether i have a gong or not.
    More importantly here is talk of reps on provincial committees etc.We at Leinster have for the past number of years been looking for reps on the committee both at off road and and coaching,but as anyone that was present at the AGM can confirm,again there was nobody forthcoming.Its not as easy as it seems to get people to come on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

We are delighted to confirm the Leinster Loop has been nominated by Cycling Ireland as best leisure event for 2013.

This is a wonderful endorsement of the efforts of the 200+ volunteers who make this great event possible.

Advertisement