Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parker Guitars

• 09-06-2006 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

I know someone has a Parker on here but I can't remember who. Anyhow I'm gassing for one and I was looking at the P36 which has the tele sytle pickup setup and also the piezo. I was gassing for a tele too so this can satisfy both! :D

What's the story with the Piezo? What sort of pickup is it and does it really produce Acoustic tones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Just after I managed to dissuade Mr. Hungus from blowing his amp savings on a Parker, you go ahead and start a thread on Parkers! :p

But don't worry though, I'll be sending my psychiatric services bill to your address! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Ancient, I'm not going for the €1500+ fly models. They do a cheap(ish) P36 that you can get for around €500 off ebay. Who knows..... I may get over the bout. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Thank god... You're not after the one I was after. I still plan on buying that one, if I ever get more cash.

I know that Musicmaker stocked them, not sure if they still do, but you can try there and see if they have one you can try out.

Piezos, I'm sure do the cheaper models even have them. They do produce acoustic tones indeed, but it's the acoustic tone of the guitar itself that they amplify, so it's not exactly like an actual acoustic. Erm, take a look at Dream Theater's Live At Budokan DVD, as John Petrucci uses the Piezo on his guitar for some parts.

Thank god... You're not after the one I was after.

:confused: Is there only 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Quattroste wrote:
    :confused: Is there only 1

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW I've got a Parker Fly Mojo. I really like the look of those Tele style Parkers. In fact I can hardly believe that Fender dont sue them.
    parker-p36.jpg
    Those guitars have different construction and woods from my one so I don't know if I can tell you too much of use but FWIW:-
    On my one the piezo pickup doesnt really sound like anything unless you feed them through an acoustic amp or direct into the PA (apparently). They sound thin and scratchy through an ordinary elctric guitar amp. You can however blend the piezo signal with the mag pick ups and get some excellent electric tones via your regular amp.
    There's a good parker forum here with plenty of discussion on the different models and what gear to use to get a good acoustic tone.
    Musicmaker do have two P series Parkers last time I looked which have been there for years and are literally filthy and hilariously over priced. Musician Inc had Flys years ago. I personally think Parkers have some excellent design touches although my one is the only one I have ever played except for a few in Musicians inc many years ago. I am very happy with my one. A lot of people dont seem to like them (no accounting for taste) and they are quite unique so I'd try to play one before buying if at all possible.
    If you have any questions ask away. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Parker P42, £299 from GAK, that tickles the old gas gland for a midi guitar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Oh and about Petrucci's Budokan acoustic tone, its gorgeous, is he running the guitar through an acoustic sim straight into the PA? Does his rig have an acoustic sim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Here's a vid of some doofus demoing a P30 (Strat-a-like Parker)

• Advertisement

Thats the exact one Johnny! I do like the look of that guitar. :D It's just real nice, reeeeeeaaaallll nice!

Would the acoustic pedal in a ToneLab do a decent job!.

Dam you Johnny!!! I just checked out your Parker after writing the last sentence. Man that is a sweet guitar! Whatever you do do not tell me anything about that guitar or the price!

OK what is like and how much? :p

Well its made of mahogany, it has Seymour Duncan Jazz and JB pups, the back of the body is reinforced with composite material, the fret board is composite with glued-on stainless steel frets. These materials and construction methods result in the best playing and feeling frets and fret board I have ever played. The neck is wide, flat and shallow which I like. The body is very contoured and fits onto my beer belly (in a good way). In some parts the body is only about a quarter of an inch thick. The elbow of the upper horn can stick into your chest when you play sitting down. It has some great tones, but unlike many guitars if often sounds best with the tone knob turned way down and it can take some searching to get the right tone. Somehow it makes you play it with your thumb in the back of the neck rather than hanging over the top like a strat. It weighs about 5 pounds. I bought it on ebay for about €1400.

This pic shows how contoured the body is

163832188_ce05ab2360.jpg

I just spent the last hour and a half with Garageband and my LP and an eBow(great fun), and that picture above is the perfect ending!

GAS like never before..... ;)

Here's another vid of a guy demo'ing a NiteFly. Click on the various sounds at the left to get a demo. Good luck getting those actual sounds at home. :rolleyes:
    *** Note to Parker Guitars - I'm expecting my usual percentage on this one ;)

Advertisement